Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

View Poll Results: Which 1199 do you plan on buying?
Standard 1199 240 39.80%
1199 S 267 44.28%
1199 Tricolore 96 15.92%
Voters: 603. You may not vote on this poll

Thanks Tree5Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 11:57 AM   #91
Phl

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, FZR400, GROM
Originally Posted by ERJ View Post
What is primary difference why someone would buy S model over Standard model. I like the LED headlight, Ohlins, and Wheels for the looks alone but is that worth $5K more if I probably will never benefit from the suspension and tech upgrades. Just have sick feeling of dropping $5K on unnecessary upgrades but feel I will regret it if do not. Need to make decision soon as local dealers only have one of each left to preorder.
^ that's the thoughts of my sleepless nights.
having experienced the ohlins difference on my rsv 1000, i'd love to have them, the looks of the marchesini wheels and the reduced rotating masses - would love it.
i might switch as well in the last minute, if an S is left.

already collecting PRO arguments for the wife. man logic won't work ;-)

Old Feb 22nd 2012, 12:03 PM   #92
ERJ

I Ride: Ducati 1199 Tricolore, Big Dog Bulldog
Glad to see I am not in the same boat. The standard model is the safe bet financially and the extra money each month could be used for track day fees or whatever else to support using the bike.

Last edited by ERJ; Feb 23rd 2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 07:08 PM   #93

I Ride: Ducati Panigale 1199 S...
Originally Posted by duc View Post
I just got back from the local dealership... got a quote for an 1199 S with ABS... I'm excited to sit on one in person at the International Motorcycle Show next month!
I have to ask what you were quoted in relation to MSRP

I have an S on order and I'm waiting for delivery but its driving me crazy to know if I paid too much...Its too late but its still bugging me
Old Mar 9th 2012, 02:27 PM   #94

I Ride: Full Custom Victory Hammer, Arlen Ness Victory Vision,2007 R1, Husaberg 570,Ducati 1199 S
got to go the " S '
can't wait
Old Mar 9th 2012, 11:27 PM   #95

I thought about the Tricolor, but I have some concerns about the color.

First, I'm a sucker when it comes to design, and I don't like the colors involved. Plus the fact I'm not Italian, and I already don't feel sporting the colors of my own country, so another one is a no go.

Don't get me wrong on that: I like my country but I don't have the urge to show it with fancy fashion. It's like I feel the most I will show it the less I will do for it. And I rather stay quiet and act. On the same idea, I don't sport any club colors or patch or anything. I am a lone wolf, and even have a deal my my fiancée: she doesn't annoy me with my bike, and I don't annoy her with my bike. Good deal, IMHO.

Add to this fact that I usually wear black (white is dirtier), and that black goes way better with red than with Italian colors. And I like to show off when on my bike, but not when I'm not on it.

Then, the Tri has nothing – apart its colors – the S can't have. Even: the Tri has got the Termi slip-ons while I will get the full line. So, I would remain with unneeded slip-ons, which would be a waste.

Finally, I will get the ABS. It's a perfect solution, since I can disconnect it if I need, but I also can ride safely. ABS is not a gizmo, it's really useful and life saving, especially when you ride in aggressive environments like I do (ride in Paris once in your life, and you'll never drive the same). I can't think buying a new bike without ABS, especially since I ride even when it rains.

Did I mention a Ducati has to be red?
Old Mar 24th 2012, 03:52 AM   #96

I Ride: 08 R6, 09 V-Max, 2010 R6 + CBR1000HRC, K1600GTL
hi guys...I live in Vietnam now and I ordered my S model 6 months ago from US. there isn't a "real" Ducati Dealer in Vietnam so I have to get the bike from US Market. I guess my bike will arrive around end of May... it will be rainning season and 39 C when it is not rainning...Suck, but I can't wait.

will take it to Sepang In Malaysia together with my R6....would be nice to feel the differences

Last edited by bostonrider; Mar 24th 2012 at 03:54 AM.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 12:46 AM   #97

Originally Posted by twobike View Post
Well I ordered a Tricolore, why ? If you work hard you can find that you can justify almost anything, my reasoning was:- Termi's, DDA, ABS and Tri Colour all standard kit add those elements up if they were extras on an "S" and then it makes more sense, plus the limited production run of the Tricolore. I hear the Tricolore is limited to just 4 months production only. How true that is and what that relates to in numbers terms I have no idea. Last point you only live once so live it.
When I'm having doubts on whether to get my bike or not i'll just read this post, i work extremely hard and yeah, we only live once!!! :-)
Old Mar 25th 2012, 10:46 AM   #98

I Ride: Current: 12 1199 Base ABS, 09 Ape RS125 07 CRF250R SM, 08 CRF100 x2, 10 SH150i, 04 NSR50
I downgraded from the Tri to the base w/ abs. I have other uses for the $9K that are a higher priority right now. I don't like to finance toys, so paying cash. Should allow for upgrades when the time comes. I always felt that the first Ducati should be red. I was willing to brake my own rule because I do like the Tricolore paint scheme. I don't think of it as sporting the Italian flag, just paying homage to the birth place of Ducati. I'll miss the color. On the other hand, with all the smoking ducati videos maybe getting a later build date might have a better chance of having that corrected before it leaves the factory. I can also say the DES wires aren't very attractive, but was willing to put up with them for the electronic adjustability. I'm sure all models will be plenty fast and handle like a dream
Old Mar 30th 2012, 01:14 PM   #99

I Ride: Will be the 1199. Had many toys in the past.
Base w ABS as money is the priority according to my wife. Sure the S would be better but with my limited street experience I probably wouldn't notice it. Just happy to be in the 1199 category of bikes! And for the difference I could always buy the full Termi, stand, windscreen, tank protector and still have money left over for track days and maybe another set of tires:-)
Thanks from davev
Old Apr 6th 2012, 08:50 PM   #100

I signed up for a 1199 S (without ABS)!
Strongly delivery ...

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1199, ducati, plan, purchasing