Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By iamlance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 25th 2013, 08:33 PM   #1

I Ride: 2012 1199S ABS
carbon clutch case cover

Hey guys,

I need a clutch case cover. When installing the carbon clutch cover do you torque the bolts the same as without? It wont crack the carbon?

Also.....is the t-rex kit really that ugly or is it ok in person?

I had a little mishap today where I was riding with my friend who is a new rider. I made a u turn after we got to a dead end culdesac and came to a stop so we could take a break. Then next thing you know me and my bike are on the ground as my friend accidently ran into us somehow. Anyway....considering what happened the bike fared pretty well. I need a new brake lever. The metal clutch cover has a few scratches, but not bad and would easily be covered with some nice carbon or the t rex kit. Other than that no real damage to anything else....don't know how that happened! The front axl sliders helped.

Also....this was a very low speed collision but my left leg took the brunt of the impact and the damage to the bike was on the right where it hit the ground. My leg is ok...bruised and even some rash and that is with jeans and leather overpants on. I can't believe I got rash from that with leather on. Moral of the story is wear your gear fellas.....jeans is not acceptable and textile sucks too. Leather.....FTW. I can't imagine what would happen if I was at speed.

Old Jul 25th 2013, 08:35 PM   #2
Banned

I Ride: Hyosung that is like my 1199
The rash usually happens from looser leathers and your bodyoving inside them. Glad you are ok
Old Jul 26th 2013, 04:20 AM   #3

Ugh!!!
Thanks from Gunny Fitz
Old Jul 26th 2013, 04:36 AM   #4

just creepy ya know?
Old Jul 26th 2013, 04:39 AM   #5

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
Originally Posted by gnance View Post
Hey guys,

I need a clutch case cover. When installing the carbon clutch cover do you torque the bolts the same as without? It wont crack the carbon?

Also.....is the t-rex kit really that ugly or is it ok in person?

I had a little mishap today where I was riding with my friend who is a new rider. I made a u turn after we got to a dead end culdesac and came to a stop so we could take a break. Then next thing you know me and my bike are on the ground as my friend accidently ran into us somehow. Anyway....considering what happened the bike fared pretty well. I need a new brake lever. The metal clutch cover has a few scratches, but not bad and would easily be covered with some nice carbon or the t rex kit. Other than that no real damage to anything else....don't know how that happened! The front axl sliders helped.

Also....this was a very low speed collision but my left leg took the brunt of the impact and the damage to the bike was on the right where it hit the ground. My leg is ok...bruised and even some rash and that is with jeans and leather overpants on. I can't believe I got rash from that with leather on. Moral of the story is wear your gear fellas.....jeans is not acceptable and textile sucks too. Leather.....FTW. I can't imagine what would happen if I was at speed.
The torque values are provided in the Ducati kit. I can check on them when I get home if you want since I don't remember them off the top of my head. They are low though and don't crack the carbon. I've had mine on and off a couple of times with no issues.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 04:45 AM   #6

I Ride: 1199S ABS
Glad you, the bike, and the new rider are okay. I'm heavily considering the Trex kit as well. It seems to add a great deal of damage prevention with a slight knock to aesthetics. I really wonder if the non-riding crowd would even notice the odds an ends sticking out.

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
carbon, case, clutch, cover