Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree6Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 28th 2013, 05:09 PM   #1

I Ride: Ducati 1199 Base Model
Termignoni or Akra?

Debating on the Akra or Termignoni system. U.S still hasn't released the Akrapovic full exhaust yet. Thinking of buying it from Europe and having it shipped, but not sure how to go about doing so. Plan to have either one installed and then taking it to Rexxer USA to be flashed. If anyone has info on how I can get an Akrapovic system please let me know.

Old Aug 28th 2013, 05:46 PM   #2

I Ride: 2012 1199S
Ebay
Thanks from Gunny Fitz
Old Aug 28th 2013, 06:00 PM   #3

I Ride: '13 1199S, '11 R1, '07 R1
I'm going to pick up the Akra once they are available from motomummy.com.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 08:46 PM   #4

Emailed Motomummy, I believe it is still on preorder. Who is the dealer in Europe that distributes the exhaust?
Old Aug 28th 2013, 08:52 PM   #5

The rumor came from an article that referenced Parts Unlimited. I received this email today, guess I have a phone call to make tomorrow:

Thank you for contacting Parts Unlimited.

We do carry the exhaust for the 1199 Panigale, part number 1810-2164. This can be purchased from your local Parts Unlimited dealer who can also quote you the price. To locate the dealer nearest you, please use the dealer locator at Parts Unlimited® | We support the sport ®.

Thank you-

Nate

Parts Unlimited Tech Dept.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 12:49 AM   #6

Termi or Akra?

to me the AKRA seems a dead end street and is missing out on plenty of development..
there is no users base, theres is no racing involvement as they had with the 1198... you'll be buying a a very steep price a development that was early 2012.. and you risk loosing your warranty ..

all this for what gains ?

Ducati itself is already at it's 6th exhaust

Stock
stock / slip ons
open system ( renamed EVO)
open Pro system street R
open Pro System SSTK Corse for the R
open SBK system SBK/SSTK Corse

the EVO delivers good results, even without going beyond it's upmap

the full termi line seems the way to go...

but it looks like you will have something very special as not many pani's will carry the AKRA...

success with the choice...
Thanks from CaliDuc
Old Aug 29th 2013, 06:48 AM   #7

Originally Posted by kope999R View Post
Termi or Akra?

to me the AKRA seems a dead end street and is missing out on plenty of development..
there is no users base, theres is no racing involvement as they had with the 1198... you'll be buying a a very steep price a development that was early 2012.. and you risk loosing your warranty ..

Stock
stock / slip ons
open Pro system street R

but it looks like you will have something very special as not many pani's will carry the AKRA...

Very good points. I would like something with originality, but with the Termignoni full exhaust, tax, and installation at $3700, that is very tempting. I can take it down to VA like I stated earlier to get the flash dyno tune from Rexxer and still keep the bike under warranty and have all this done by next week. I talked to Parts Unlimited and they said that Akra is not supposed to release until the first week of October. No doubt I would be paying for something very original, but seeing as how the Parts Unlimited price alone is $4300 before tax... not sure that it would be worth the wait. Plus installation would probably take longer since they haven't done it before, and then dyno time to tune since they haven't done this one before either. Definitely leaning towards Termi at the moment. What is the best Termignoni exhaust available for the civilian market? I know someone purchased a superstock full Termi exhaust and that didn't turn out so well. Is it just the Slip-on and Full? or is there a step higher? I see there is a "Street R?"
Old Aug 29th 2013, 07:19 AM   #8

Originally Posted by kope999R View Post
Termi or Akra?

Stock
stock / slip ons
open Pro system street R

Ah... I think I figured it out. The Pro System is the exhaust for the R model correct? That is what is installed from factory?
Old Aug 29th 2013, 08:59 AM   #9

Elite - since you have taken my advice long ago and reached out to my friend Dave (Rexxer) he should have told yo uby now that he has a special deal and relationship with Akra to provide all the ECU mapping for these exhausts. Id advise you to contact Dave and ask him how you can obtain one and get the ball rolling on it sooner. Im quite sure he has connections with them since they are tied to the hip on this deal now!

Very happy to see you went this route and picked up their products. Dave and Jason are the only ones who touch my Tri for service issues and maint. You should come down to visit them one day man.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 12:23 AM   #10

for road use: the open DP looks pritty strong as the PRO line only improves on the EVO above 6K and is worse under. in Europe Ducati also states that the Pro line is R only. which here means you loose warranty when you put it on.. i m amazed that in the US you can REXX your ecu's and still keep your warranty.. here you can't

if you still want more ooomphh, make sure you put on the 14/39 or 15/42 sprocket combo.. the best bite 50 usd can buy...

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
akra, termignoni

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.