Ducati 1199 Motorcycle Forum Ducati 1199 Panigale Forum

Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2012, 01:19 AM   #11

I Ride: 1199 Panigale S Tricolore and an 848
I think the only one who is blind is you.

I haven't read anything about it adjusting itself on the move. Unless the you believe that is what BMW DDC (Dynamic Damping Control) ?? In which case you probably believe my Pani can play chess ;-) Besides which I'm not even sure that would be a good idea, I think most suspension people would think that would interfere with their racing setup unless can be switched off.

I'm not blind and no -one I know including several BMW owners thinks the Pani is silly. If anything the opposite they want one!

I can admit the BMW is faster on a straight line but the Pani weighing 165 kg as opposed to 199! is the better handling bike(I have ridden the "12 S1000RR), and yes it is also by far better looking than the BMW.
Remove Ads
Old July 31st, 2012, 01:24 AM   #12

I Ride: Honda CBR 1000rr Ex factory bike, Aprila RSV4 factory , KTM SFX350, KTM SX250 ,
better handling it patters its head off , has no bottom end gives twins a bad name and to top it off not much top end either . try riding some other bikes and comparing them
Old July 31st, 2012, 01:39 AM   #13

I Ride: 1199 Panigale S Tricolore and an 848
I both have and ride other bikes, and I'll keep and enjoy my Pani thanks. I disagree with your statement above in both, fact and tone.

If you actually own a Pani then you should probably get the suspension set up properly, if you've ridden a mates or a demo which I think must be the case judging by your bikes list, it's likely not set up for you/your weight.

Additionally riding 4 cylinders usually, you would have to take some time to learn how to ride a Ducati , and this one is different from any previous, so even if you had ridden a Ducati previously it would not really help you much.
Old July 31st, 2012, 02:22 AM   #14

I Ride: Ducati's only
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanes View Post
better handling it patters its head off , has no bottom end gives twins a bad name and to top it off not much top end either . try riding some other bikes and comparing them
You know Shanes I have never ridden any other road bike on the road bar Ducati's and that is since 74.
As far as i am concerned there is no other bike, but one thing I dont do is go to other bike sites and slagg them off, that is left to the trolls, or weak minded people that have nothing better to do with their lives.....go play with your other bikes and be happy if that is possible.
Old July 31st, 2012, 03:57 AM   #15

I Ride: 2012 Panigale S/ABS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanes View Post
I see you don't own one...have you even ridden the Pani?
Old July 31st, 2012, 05:23 AM   #16

I Ride: '12 1199 Panigale ABS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta One View Post

I haven't read anything about it adjusting itself on the move. Unless the you believe that is what BMW DDC (Dynamic Damping Control) ?? In which case you probably believe my Pani can play chess ;-) Besides which I'm not even sure that would be a good idea, I think most suspension people would think that would interfere with their racing setup unless can be switched off.

I'm not blind and no -one I know including several BMW owners thinks the Pani is silly. If anything the opposite they want one!

I can admit the BMW is faster on a straight line but the Pani weighing 165 kg as opposed to 199! is the better handling bike(I have ridden the "12 S1000RR), and yes it is also by far better looking than the BMW.
Yes, it is still ugly...but he was right about the suspension adjusting on the fly. http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news...mping-control/
Old July 31st, 2012, 10:29 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta One View Post

Better not mention the handling issues reported by road racing teams (you seem to equate the World Superstock with what you are doing?) and the fact that its 194kg wet
But continue as you will
It always amuses reading these forums when you have people ranting on about how their bike is the best when they are barely even scratching the surface of what its capable of. It should be about what you enjoy and what works for you, not some sort of ego trip to prove you are better by having the fastest thing even though you cant use it properly.
Here's a standard 2012 R1 with lights etc in road trim lapping Valencia with a decent rider on board. This is the slowest/heaviest litre bike out there at the mo really. Can you go faster than this? If not can every1 just give it a rest and enjoy what they have!

Last edited by batmantis; July 31st, 2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old July 31st, 2012, 11:20 AM   #18

I Ride: 1199 Tric
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaide View Post
Yes, it is still ugly...but he was right about the suspension adjusting on the fly. http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news...mping-control/
Queue ugly chick that's good in the sack joke
Old July 31st, 2012, 12:30 PM   #19
Phl

I Ride: oh yes, I do!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmantis View Post
Can you go faster than this? If not can every1 just give it a rest and enjoy what they have!
indeed... but a lot of people feel pissed about having a relatively expensive and beautiful bike, which gets rammed in the rear by angela merkel reincarnated on two wheels.
some might be faster, others might be slower. some on the straights, some in the twisties or on the track.

who gives a shit? maybe the hot chick at starbucks... or the other posing buddies.

guess how pissed the guy on the desmosedici was on that trackday on the lausitzring in 2010 , when i caught him in the turns, after he passed me on the straights.... he was even more pissed, as my 3k euro RSV1000 was louder than his termi equipped 60k-euro rocket.

have to admit, that was fun ;-)
Old July 31st, 2012, 01:15 PM   #20

One word... Chave!

Although probably goes well... Still looks fugly...

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
bmw, hp4

Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Copyright © 2011-2015 Ducati Forum. All rights reserved.