Getting one before existing warranty expires 83 42.35%
Selling bike before warranty ends 9 4.59%
Crossing fingers and praying 55 28.06%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Thanks Tree35Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 30th 2014, 05:44 PM   #21

I Ride: Ducati 900sscr, Suzuki DRZ 400, 2012 1199 Panigale
Just received this email from my dealer.

Hope you are still enjoying your Ducati, our records show that your factory warranty is going to expire in about a year. I just wanted to let you know that we have some alternatives to allow your warranty to be extended for an additional 36 months beyond the factory warranty. The warranty that we have available, can only be purchased within the first year that you own the motorcycle, so time is running out.

Our extended warranty will cover everything that your factory warranty covers for $799.00 (So about $267.00 per year). This total is for 3 years of warranty coverage, beyond your 2 years factory warranty, which would allow your bike investment to be covered for a total of five years.

Haven't contacted them yet but will probably go with it.
Thanks from Gunny Fitz and Duck41

Old Jan 30th 2014, 05:57 PM   #22

I Ride: 1199S ABS
^ Sounds like a good deal. I'll be checking with my dealer soon as well.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 06:01 PM   #23

I Ride: 1199S ABS
Originally Posted by Stw View Post
Will do... I know 5 years is around $2k.. and 1 is around $800...once I have more info I will post up...
$800 seems a bit high for only one additional year of coverage. Considering Slnvail's post, are you certain the offer wasn't for three years beyond your two year warranty?
Old Jan 30th 2014, 06:05 PM   #24
Stw

Originally Posted by Duck41 View Post
$800 seems a bit high for only one additional year of coverage. Considering Slnvail's post, are you certain the offer wasn't for three years beyond your two year warranty?
This was a brief Facebook "conversation" but I am sure thats what was stated..I intend to find out more tomorrow ...so if I am misquoting/misunderstanding I apologise and will clarify as soon as I can... But I agree it seems a little high when I think about it....
Thanks from Duck41
Old Jan 31st 2014, 03:57 AM   #25

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
I couldn't vote because I am either going to get the warranty or sell it before the warranty expires. I haven't made up my mind yet. I definitely won't keep it beyond the warranty period with no warranty though. I don't trust the bike enough to do that.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 09:54 AM   #26

I Ride: 2012 1199S, 2008 Speed Triple
I now have the "Ducati Ever Red" Motorcycle Protection Plan (Extended Warranty) for an additional three years of coverage. It covers everything the original warranty covers, no limit on miles, no deductible if I take it to a Ducati dealer and a $50 deductible if I take it to a non-Ducati dealer.
Of note, like the original warranty, this one also provides towing expenses up to $200 (which I used a couple of times during the first to years to pay for getting my bike to the dealer) and expenses associated with being stranded (e.g. Hotel) for $150 per day for up to three days.
Of note, the warranty (insurance) is provided/underwritten by Fidelity Warranty Services.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 10:08 AM   #27

Originally Posted by Styler View Post
I now have the "Ducati Ever Red" Motorcycle Protection Plan (Extended Warranty) for an additional three years of coverage. It covers everything the original warranty covers, no limit on miles, no deductible if I take it to a Ducati dealer and a $50 deductible if I take it to a non-Ducati dealer.
Of note, like the original warranty, this one also provides towing expenses up to $200 (which I used a couple of times during the first to years to pay for getting my bike to the dealer) and expenses associated with being stranded (e.g. Hotel) for $150 per day for up to three days.
Of note, the warranty (insurance) is provided/underwritten by Fidelity Warranty Services.
Interesting. How much, and where did you purchase?

Regarding towing and roadside assistance, I have AAA Plus with Motorcycle. This covers my cars and my motorcycle with flatbed towing and other services like battery and gas. Not sure what it is a year, but it's fairly cheap and has saved me so many times in cars that I wouldn't be without it.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 10:12 AM   #28
Stw

Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
Interesting. How much, and where did you purchase?

Regarding towing and roadside assistance, I have AAA Plus with Motorcycle. This covers my cars and my motorcycle with flatbed towing and other services like battery and gas. Not sure what it is a year, but it's fairly cheap and has saved me so many times in cars that I wouldn't be without it.
I am working on doing some kind of forum discount using the Forever Red program...this might well not be possible....But I am trying...

But please please please dont get your hopes up.... This is going to be a tough one...
Thanks from Capt CF and Duck41

Last edited by Stw; Jan 31st 2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 12:30 PM   #29

Having this issue looked into right now for myself!

Hey I was just kicking the idea around. STW, Juice, Mark, Phil, Evol, etc feel free to chime in, along with anyone else whos seen it.

Would anyone be interested in buying my Tricolore with everything included? No, I have no idea on a price AND I guess it could be WITH or WITHOUT the BST wheels?
Old Jan 31st 2014, 01:28 PM   #30
Stw

Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post
Having this issue looked into right now for myself!

Hey I was just kicking the idea around. STW, Juice, Mark, Phil, Evol, etc feel free to chime in, along with anyone else whos seen it.

Would anyone be interested in buying my Tricolore with everything included? No, I have no idea on a price AND I guess it could be WITH or WITHOUT the BST wheels?
Gunny...given the mods on it and its mileage I think you are a classic example of someone who should keep their bike and buy an extended warranty.... Selling it will bite you where it hurts...
Thanks from Gunny Fitz

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
buying, extended, warrantywho

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.