Selling bike before warranty ends 9 4.59%
Crossing fingers and praying 55 28.06%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Thanks Tree35Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 06:23 PM   #41
Site Sponsor

I Ride: x99R Panigale Track
We (Ducati Dealers) have had the Ducati EverRed Extended Warranty program available since last Fall, however each dealer on their own has to decide if they're going to sign up to offer the program to their customers or not, it's not (can't legally be) mandated by Ducati that we offer it. This program is supported by Ducati Financial Services (aka. VW Financial) so it's the "official" factory-promoted extended warranty option. There are still 3rd party warranties available through various parties as well, which some dealers carry in addition to the EverRed program or instead of it. As was stated previously, the program has a $50 deductible, which is waived if the bike is taken to a Ducati dealer, and also includes towing and trip interruption coverage, and covers everything that is not specifically excluded (which is pretty much a mirror of the factory warranty). As opposed to many of the other programs out there, this one is not really an "extension" of the factory warranty, rather it's an override warranty on top of (or in place of, in the case of the factory warranty being expired) the factory 2-year warranty. For new (and newer) bikes, the programs being offered are 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 years, which is from the date the warranty is purchased, regardless of how much factory warranty is left. It is model year and mileage based as far as which terms are offered on a particular bike and what the pricing is. We've seen on new (or less than 1 model-year old bikes) Ducatis that the pricing is in the $800-$2400 range for the various 3-7 year terms. On older bike, or bikes with more mileage at the time the warranty is purchased, the available terms are less. There is no simple table of rates, we have to plug the VIN# and mileage into the system and it spits back the available terms and prices. In general it seems, the lowest price is when the bike is brand new, and over time as the bike gets older and mileage build it becomes more expensive to get any given term. At our shop, we have another company's extended warranty (AfterCare) we offer for non-Ducati used bikes, but ever since the EverRed program came out last fall we've been offering that exclusively on Ducatis due to the premium coverage it offers, it really seems like a good program. We haven't had any claim history with it yet (knock on wood) but since it's supported by VW Financial I'm confident that it will be a program that is consistent with a premium Ducati ownership, which is why we're offering it. There's a piece of mind there knowing it's the "official" factory extended warranty option.
Thanks from Stw, Denver Rick, wachuko and 6 others

Old Feb 3rd 2014, 06:24 PM   #42

I've been burned by extended warranties a few times. Fine fine print....didn't do this or that, no documentation of an oil change....blah blah.

As far as the bike, dealer didn't want to tighten my muffler shield bolts under warranty because I hadn't done my "Full" 7500 mi service. So I would imagine if you don't do your full 15k or 30k service down the road the extended warranty will just laugh at you, take your money and say it's not thier problem......
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 06:45 PM   #43

I Ride: 2012 1199S
So Jarel, if I call you tomorrow can you find out if mine qualifies for the EverRed warranty and how much it would cost? Also would we get a discount for being members?������
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 08:05 PM   #44

I Ride: Ducati 1199 S Tricolore, Ducati 1098 S Tricolore, Ducati 998 S Bayliss
Just for stats : I got an 7 year extended warranty for $1000 on the purchase of the bike.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 06:21 AM   #45
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Will361 View Post
So Jarel, if I call you tomorrow can you find out if mine qualifies for the EverRed warranty and how much it would cost? Also would we get a discount for being members?������
Sure give me a call or shoot an e-mail with your VIN# and mileage and I can look it up for you. sales @ ducatiomaha (dot com)
Old Feb 4th 2014, 06:29 AM   #46
Site Sponsor

Oh, one clarification here that is very important, the $50 deductible is waived ONLY at the dealership the contract is purchased at, not at ANY Ducati dealer. I earlier assumed it was any dealer, but I looked into it further this morning and got a definitive answer from the man in charge. I doubt if many in the Ducati network know this at this point, everyone's probably assuming that it's the same as the old EverRed program from several years ago, but it's not. So buyer beware, it does state that on the contract but I'm sure there are lots of F&I mangers at dealerships out there telling people the opposite simply because they don't know any better.
Thanks from Cobra700
Old Feb 4th 2014, 04:06 PM   #47

I Ride: 1199S ABS
Originally Posted by jarelj View Post
Sure give me a call or shoot an e-mail with your VIN# and mileage and I can look it up for you. sales @ ducatiomaha (dot com)
I know Stw had mentioned looking into organizing a group buy but, assuming that doesn't materialize, would you be able to look into seeing whether something like this would be possible? Since pricing will vary based on model year and mileage, I'd imagine a blanket percentage discount would be applicable. Based on the poll and responses, I think there is enough interest to make the trouble of organizing a group buy worthwhile.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 06:13 PM   #48
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Duck41 View Post
I know Stw had mentioned looking into organizing a group buy but, assuming that doesn't materialize, would you be able to look into seeing whether something like this would be possible? Since pricing will vary based on model year and mileage, I'd imagine a blanket percentage discount would be applicable. Based on the poll and responses, I think there is enough interest to make the trouble of organizing a group buy worthwhile.
If anyone doesn't have a local dealer they prefer to deal with, feel free to shoot me a PM or e-mail with your VIN# and current mileage and I'll see if I can help you out with a forum peep deal. As noted above, there's a benefit to getting your warranty from your local dealer because of the $50 deductible being waived if you ever have a claim, so make sure you take that into consideration.
Thanks from Duck41
Old Feb 9th 2014, 07:39 PM   #49

I Ride: 2013 1199 White Panigale base model
$50 deductible lol, it sounds like our certified used vw warranty. On our cars it covers just about everything except wearable items. I am gonna see if I can buy this through work!
Old Feb 10th 2014, 09:42 PM   #50

I Ride: 1199S ABS, Diavel, MV Augusta F3 (track), R6 (track), vintage triumph TC-100, 848 (sold), YSR50
I got offered one last month when I bought my bike new. $1500 for 3 years after the manufacturer one expires. Don't think it was ever red. Didn't buy it, I'll wait to see what transpires on this forum.

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
buying, extended, warrantywho

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.