Thanks Tree93Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 07:26 PM   #51

I Ride: 1199 Panigale
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
They'll have it alright.
It's on the DDS
So all dealers have access

The bike has to be plugged in first for it to come up as an "open" update.
I'm assuming it's not a product of a campaign at this stage.
It's something they're slipping through(low key) that everyone will ultimately get at their next service.

If I were a conspiracy theorist.
I would say they've been working on it to have in place, for when the earliest shipment of bikes theoretically come due for their first major service in the next couple of months, and or the riding season in the colder parts of the northern hemisphere.

Or it could be as simple, as the racing program has shown the original setup was causing too many unnecessary/costly crashes.
WAF and others have sort of alluded to that as being part of the problem, in the past.
Now they've got it sorted out for the racers.
They're going quicker as a result now, and seemingly much more competitive.
And we can get it, as a click of a button at the dealership as well

I tell you.
This update is confidence inspiring for how quick one can approach a corner, and for what you can do mid corner.
My trip home from the dealer is about 130 Kms.
I've tested it out on a great number of occasions, and under different circumstances

This is making a huge difference to how the bike behaves.
I'm now confidently carrying more speed into corners, than I would've dared to on yesterday morning without worrying about having the throttle/bike settled.
Then there is

"Your dealer missed it, you have no clue what you are talking about, and we have all had this update since October".but then again, who knows.

NOLA

Old Apr 3rd 2014, 07:48 PM   #52

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
No.
This matter has been covered way back in the day about the last lot of fuelling maps.

Maybe there's an update "ID number" for this but I didn't ask.
I was just thankful to be getting an update.

I only asked because WAF flagged it as being a possibility, and I'd seen somebody poo poo the idea after enquiring at his dealer about it, and being told it's a fairy tale or something.

So the last I knew of it, was that WAF is getting something redone at his dealer on the 8th April and he was going to follow up on it again.
Apparently after the 8th he was going to be certain.

I'm telling you here and now it's all go on the update
Thanks for the post brad.
Which dealer did you go to and what date. I am going to give them a call and speak to the service manager and get the detail on this update.

I had my indicator fix done on 5 February and no "holy grail" update then available.

So like everyone else on this forum would like to know more.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 08:09 PM   #53

I Ride: Ducati 2010 SFS, Ducati 2012 1199 S
Originally Posted by bradp51 View Post
Thanks for the post brad.
Which dealer did you go to and what date. I am going to give them a call and speak to the service manager and get the detail on this update.

I had my indicator fix done on 5 February and no "holy grail" update then available.

So like everyone else on this forum would like to know more.
Nothing more to tell now.
I just call it the "Holy Grail" update because it's always been the single biggest bug bear with the bike from day one. But I've adapted and managed to work around it in the mean time while sort of resigning myself to the fact that it's virtually "a feature of the bike".

I've always had the impression that it's more problematic in sport mode.
So I always put it down to the algorithms they were applying.
I personally couldn't ever understand why they didn't get it sorted out before releasing the 1199 to market.
If I was DUCATI it wouldn't have happened that way. AT ALL.
Anyway, it's all history now

WAF has seemingly struggled the most on this forum to get on top of it.
I'm certain he'll be most pleasantly surprised on the 8th April when he gets his out for a run again
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 08:46 PM   #54

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
Nothing more to tell now.
I just call it the "Holy Grail" update because it's always been the single biggest bug bear with the bike from day one. But I've adapted and managed to work around it in the mean time while sort of resigning myself to the fact that it's virtually "a feature of the bike".

I've always had the impression that it's more problematic in sport mode.
So I always put it down to the algorithms they were applying.
I personally couldn't ever understand why they didn't get it sorted out before releasing the 1199 to market.
If I was DUCATI it wouldn't have happened that way. AT ALL.
Anyway, it's all history now

WAF has seemingly struggled the most on this forum to get on top of it.
I'm certain he'll be most pleasantly surprised on the 8th April when he gets his out for a run again
Which dealer and what date did you get this done ?

I am going to ring them to get the details. You may have missed my question right at the beginning of my post.

Update to the Update. OP has sent me a PM with some details of dealer so I will give them a call tomorrow.

Last edited by bradp51; Apr 3rd 2014 at 10:42 PM.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 09:42 PM   #55

I Ride: '12 1199 Panigale ABS
Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
not saying you are wrong brand but when i asked my stealership about an upmap because of the sproket which i had done over a year ago they said NO. they also said that i am current so i dont know whats going on at all. the performance maps ( i was told) ducati , racing , evo ) are seperate from the other updates. so for example if you have a full system you have racing evo map. any other updates are separate from that.
They told me the same when I went to the 41t sprocket. When I showed them the letter we got last year about the upgrade, pricing and mapping to go with it they found there was a new map to go with it.

As for the racing and evo maps they are updated any time the baseline is updated. The map isn't stored on the drive itself, it is just the key that unlocks the map already on the ECU.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 09:43 PM   #56

I Ride: 2013 Panigale 1199S ABS
Well if there isn't an update Ducati will surely consider making one after everyone starts calling asking for one. LOL
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 09:57 PM   #57

I Ride: 1199S ABS
When speaking with your local dealership, it may be helpful to ask specifically for the "Holy Grail Upmap." If they respond with a blank stare, simply reply with a wink and a nod.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 10:15 PM   #58

I Ride: 2013 Panigale 1199S ABS
and don't forget the secret handshake...
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 11:26 PM   #59

Originally Posted by 2013RedSabs View Post
Well if there isn't an update Ducati will surely consider making one after everyone starts calling asking for one. LOL
To right they will
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 11:28 PM   #60

Originally Posted by bwaide View Post
They told me the same when I went to the 41t sprocket. When I showed them the letter we got last year about the upgrade, pricing and mapping to go with it they found there was a new map to go with it.

As for the racing and evo maps they are updated any time the baseline is updated. The map isn't stored on the drive itself, it is just the key that unlocks the map already on the ECU.
Yep that's my understanding as well

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
software, update

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.