Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree19Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 23rd 2014, 12:13 AM   #31

Ah, unfortunately DDA file is not simple comma-separated values, but instead it is recorded in tightformat presumably hexadecimal values.
So, to make DDA file workable with video overlay programs, one must first figure out how to parse the file and convert it to usable CSV.

This guy seems to have succeeded, but he hasn't shared his method.
DDA>CSV>TrackVision Test - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

Specification on the file's values is here, in case someone here wants to have a play
Ducati Data Analysis - File Format - Want to Import with video - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

Unfortunately I am not good enough to be able to crack it.
Thanks from Scorpio66 and Jello

Old May 23rd 2014, 03:12 AM   #32

I Ride: 2014 1199 Superleggera #218
Originally Posted by Marmoot View Post
Specification on the file's values is here, in case someone here wants to have a play
Ducati Data Analysis - File Format - Want to Import with video - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

Unfortunately I am not good enough to be able to crack it.
This is a great find and great start, and will certainly make my job much easier. I'm now quite confident having seen that data (assuming no radical changes in the last few years).

Now all I need is my bike, some samples, and a rainy unbooked weekend
Old May 23rd 2014, 04:16 AM   #33

There is a great thread on Rennlist (Porsche forum), breaking down the process of mating data over video of different formats. I'll dig it up and post the link shortly. I hope it helps!
Old May 23rd 2014, 05:10 AM   #34

Originally Posted by RingMiester27 View Post
There is a great thread on Rennlist (Porsche forum), breaking down the process of mating data over video of different formats. I'll dig it up and post the link shortly. I hope it helps!
Thanks, though that will surely come much later. My plan is reverse engineer the binary format Ducati uses in their DDA, and then create export formats to put it in the CSV input format (or whatever) that other people on this forum would typically use with commercial software to mate it to video. This way once it's in a "standard" format, anyone should be free to use any tool of their choosing.

I'll probably start a dedicated thread about this, because in order for me to fully understand the framing of the binary file I'm likely going to need to see a variety of them from all of your bikes, along with a screenshot (or human readable export) of what the Ducati software rendered.

The good news is that based on the ducati.org thread above, there is no encryption or obfuscation, so it shouldn't be all that difficult once I have a decent sample size.
Old May 23rd 2014, 11:47 AM   #35

GOOD MAN ARE YOU! Thanks in advance!!!
Old May 23rd 2014, 12:28 PM   #36

I Ride: Panigale S-ABS
Originally Posted by Jello View Post
Thanks, though that will surely come much later. My plan is reverse engineer the binary format Ducati uses in their DDA, and then create export formats to put it in the CSV input format (or whatever) that other people on this forum would typically use with commercial software to mate it to video. This way once it's in a "standard" format, anyone should be free to use any tool of their choosing.

I'll probably start a dedicated thread about this, because in order for me to fully understand the framing of the binary file I'm likely going to need to see a variety of them from all of your bikes, along with a screenshot (or human readable export) of what the Ducati software rendered.

The good news is that based on the ducati.org thread above, there is no encryption or obfuscation, so it shouldn't be all that difficult once I have a decent sample size.
Let me know when you need them, I have a bunch of DDA file and you can easily read them downloading the SW from the prosa.com website.

Thanks a lot!
Old May 23rd 2014, 12:34 PM   #37

Originally Posted by Scorpio66 View Post
Let me know when you need them, I have a bunch of DDA file and you can easily read them downloading the SW from the prosa.com website.

Thanks a lot!
Oh sweet! I didn't realize there was Mac software to parse DDA files. This is going to make things MUCH easier! (I will never, EVER run Micro$oft anything... and while Linux is my platform of choice, I run a single instance of MacOS out of necessity). I thought I was going to have to rely on emulators or all of you... whew.

I guess I'll know a lot more once I actually get my hands dirty with all of this. Either way, expect a dedicated thread once that happens.
Old May 25th 2014, 02:02 AM   #38

I Ride: 2014 Panigale 1199R
If you're looking for a GPS logger to use with i devices, this one can record at 10Hz and has a built in datalogger. I see sub 10' location solutions with this, which is great for a $150 unit that you can throw in your pocket.
Bad Elf Pro iPad GPS (Bluetooth) - Sporty's Pilot Shop
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 03:22 PM   #39

I Ride: 1199 panigale + ABS
DDA to CSV

A very kind someone I contacted online converted my DDA files to CSV. He (TJ Creath, God bless him) told me to send him the files and he returned them to me right away as CSV.
Interesting what he mentioned, the actual speeds in the file are 6-8% lower than what's reported by PROSA's DDA Graphic Analyzer ... sneaky guys
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 01:01 AM   #40

I check this thread daily in excitement and it looks like you're really making valuable progress cracking the system. Cool.

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
dda, ducati

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed