Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree23Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 5th 2015, 12:41 PM   #21

I Ride: 848 and 1199S
I am updating my non-ABS 1199S to ABS. I have all the parts now and for much less than Ducati's original $1000 premium too.

Anyway, I was under the impression that all 1199S models came with the "full" bbs. I was also under the impression that you have to match the bbs module with model year bike you have too (as well as model-to-model as others have said).

Thank you all for the good info.

Old Jan 6th 2015, 03:03 AM   #22

I Ride: 1199 Panigale S Track
Originally Posted by DUCKYMAR View Post
I am updating my non-ABS 1199S to ABS. I have all the parts now and for much less than Ducati's original $1000 premium too.

Anyway, I was under the impression that all 1199S models came with the "full" bbs. I was also under the impression that you have to match the bbs module with model year bike you have too (as well as model-to-model as others have said).

Thank you all for the good info.
Once a BBS has been fitted to a bike, it is conveted to an ABS BBS unit or a NON ABS unit. You can't change that setting of the BBS unit.

So You need a BBS unit from a S with ABS I have a S ABS BBS nit for sale, if You're interested

And You off course need a S ABS wiring loom
Old Jan 6th 2015, 11:49 AM   #23

I Ride: 848 and 1199S
Originally Posted by baccullus View Post
Once a BBS has been fitted to a bike, it is conveted to an ABS BBS unit or a NON ABS unit. You can't change that setting of the BBS unit.

So You need a BBS unit from a S with ABS I have a S ABS BBS nit for sale, if You're interested

And You off course need a S ABS wiring loom

DUCKYMAR: "Anyway, I was under the impression that all 1199S models came with the "full" bbs. I was also under the impression that you have to match the bbs module with model year bike you have too (as well as model-to-model as others have said)."

As I said, "(as well as model-to-model as others have said)." I think you missed that I stated this. Thank you for the offer of the bbs, but I think I have the right one. I will soon find out.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 01:15 AM   #24

dumb question but how can you tell by looking at your bike if it has ABS or not fitted. Just got my S and dont know if it has or hasnt got it.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 04:22 AM   #25

I Ride: 2012 1199 Pani S
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
dumb question but how can you tell by looking at your bike if it has ABS or not fitted. Just got my S and dont know if it has or hasnt got it.
I think all S models have abs, but you can look at your rims and see there is a round disk with square holes in is (ABS sensor ring) or just look at your display when the bike is turned on, then you should have a small "box" along the bottom of the display that says ABS 1/2/3 depending on which ABS setting is activated.
Old Jan 10th 2015, 05:31 AM   #26

Originally Posted by mordor View Post
I think all S models have abs, but you can look at your rims and see there is a round disk with square holes in is (ABS sensor ring) or just look at your display when the bike is turned on, then you should have a small "box" along the bottom of the display that says ABS 1/2/3 depending on which ABS setting is activated.
Not all S have ABS. The sensor ring on the front as well as on the rear wheel is a speed sensor. The speed sensors are used by both the ABS as well as DTC.

Turn the ignition on. If You have a ABS warning light and a ABS setting indicator, Your S is equipped with ABS.
Thanks from BowHunter
Old Jan 15th 2015, 07:05 PM   #27

I Ride: 1199
I eventually managed to eliminate ABS altogether without replacing any electronics but this route required reprogramming by ducati. I also replaced the original harness with a base-harness from a MY12 because I didn't want DES either.
Thanks from baccullus
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 04:14 AM   #28

Originally Posted by Autoblipper View Post
I eventually managed to eliminate ABS altogether without replacing any electronics but this route required reprogramming by ducati. I also replaced the original harness with a base-harness from a MY12 because I didn't want DES either.
Do You get any error messages in the display?

What type of reprogramming did Your Ducati dealer do? His diagnostic tool? Or?
Old Jan 25th 2015, 02:03 PM   #29

I Ride: 1199
Do You get any error messages in the display? What type of reprogramming did Your Ducati dealer do? His diagnostic tool? Or?
The dealer local to me could not (or would not) help but a friend I used to race with is a ducati tech. Unfortunately he lives several hours away, so I shipped only my BBS, ECU & Dash to him. He installed my stuff on a new, off the showroom floor bike to reprogram it, I believe with the standard ducati tools. I think the donor bike was a MY13 S, without ABS.

The only remaining error I get is the expected DES error which doesn't concern me. He'll have my whole bike in a few weeks, so I'll ask about whether that can be turned off too. The DES error I think can be eliminated with a resistor as well.
Thanks from baccullus
Old Jun 15th 2015, 08:21 AM   #30

I Ride: 1199S
Finally it's working

I removed the ABS unit on my S ABS. I changed the wiring loom to a S NON ABS wiring loom and the BBS to a S NON ABS BBS unit.

It works and no error codes
Great! Anybody have the parts-nr. of each ??

Thansk!

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
abs, removal

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.