Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree25Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 28th 2015, 10:58 AM   #31

Originally Posted by fai3zal View Post
Hi Gents,

I just joined the forum
Im having the same issue on mike bike. CEL with the 5000 cut thing.

It was running well on one night and got parked for one week. then once I started it the other day for a spin, it had the CEL on.

I would empty the tank and try having a fuel change. hopefully it solves it.

Have u guys figured this out?
Appreciate the help here. Thanks
Can you list what mods you've got done to the bike? Do you still have the charcoal canister installed?

Old Jul 28th 2015, 12:48 PM   #32

I bought it 2nd hand with full termis installed by the dealer with the map, thats all it has. For the canister, i dont see it where its supposed to be,nest to the heat exchanger on the right side, so im guessing it has been removed previously.

Changed the fuel in the tank took it for 5 min ride but it didnt work. the CEL is still there.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 12:53 PM   #33

Hmm, there are much smarter people on this board than me so take this with a grain of salt:

Oxygen sensor or possibly a faulty injector.

In either case you'll probably need to get it to a dealer and read the code. I'm sure that will point you in the right direction.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 01:43 PM   #34

I would try my luck figuring it out and eliminate whatever possibilities I encounter. Hopefully i could catch it. otherwise to the dealer its going.

Thanks a lot man
Old Jul 28th 2015, 01:53 PM   #35

Actually as I think about it more it can't be O2 sensors. Those are turned off in the upmap.

Try plugs, wires, and coil packs too.

Does your dash still display racing or evo (or whatever it says with an upmap installed)?
Old Jul 28th 2015, 02:01 PM   #36

They are??

yes it still shows that racing eve.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 04:56 PM   #37

After doing some more digging I can't be 100% sure the O2 sensors are disabled up an upmap. Maybe someone can chime in.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 06:16 PM   #38

Try turning the DQS off on the dash, mine had a similar issue, however mine was happening all the time

here is a video of it on the dyno with the issues
Old Jul 29th 2015, 06:01 AM   #39

just tried that. the CEL is still there. Ive disconnected the bat and will leave it for sometime then ill have a few mins ride to see if the stumbling is gone.

Im thinking that the CEL will still be there even if the issue gets solved unless error codes are cleared out.
Dont know if the 5000 cut is a result of the CEL being on or due to whatever got the CEL on in the first place.

will see how it goes and come back.

Have your CEL went away after youve disabled DQS or is it still on but the stumbling went away??
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 03:37 AM   #40

Originally Posted by fai3zal View Post
just tried that. the CEL is still there. Ive disconnected the bat and will leave it for sometime then ill have a few mins ride to see if the stumbling is gone.

Im thinking that the CEL will still be there even if the issue gets solved unless error codes are cleared out.
Dont know if the 5000 cut is a result of the CEL being on or due to whatever got the CEL on in the first place.

will see how it goes and come back.

Have your CEL went away after youve disabled DQS or is it still on but the stumbling went away??
Last update. Took the bike to the dealer after contacting them. They said there are some patch of Panigales needed to be recalled for a fix. Don't know if this is related to the issue I have, but I'll know soon.

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
5000, rpm, stumble