Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree25Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 09:42 AM   #31

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
Originally Posted by Stangar View Post
Sorry. White reminds me of service vehicles as they are always white. Their coloration convey seriousness, composure and dignity.

Excitement! is what motorcycling is about. Ducati would have sold many more in YELLOW. Maybe it's coming next year.
We can argue which colors people like all day long and never get anywhere because it is a personal preference. If you want to argue over horsepower, rake, compression, etc. we can get into something meaty and quantifiable. You like what you like and I like what I like. I like the white bikes and not so much the red and definitely not the yellow, but that's me and that's a personal preference thing. I like the sleeper stealth look with tiny red accents, maybe a hint of carbon fiber here and there and everything else pretty much understated and subtle. You may like a Repsol Honda paint job covered with stickers, but I would absolutely hate it.

Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:07 AM   #32

I Ride: the road
Originally Posted by Capt CF View Post
We can argue which colors people like all day long and never get anywhere because it is a personal preference. If you want to argue over horsepower, rake, compression, etc. we can get into something meaty and quantifiable. You like what you like and I like what I like. I like the white bikes and not so much the red and definitely not the yellow, but that's me and that's a personal preference thing. I like the sleeper stealth look with tiny red accents, maybe a hint of carbon fiber here and there and everything else pretty much understated and subtle. You may like a Repsol Honda paint job covered with stickers, but I would absolutely hate it.
Yup, redhead, brunette, or blonde. Saves us all chasing the same chicks
Thanks from Claymore
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:13 AM   #33

Originally Posted by Xbox View Post
Yup, redhead, brunette, or blonde. Saves us all chasing the same chicks
Exactly! This way I won't be putting a deposit on a yellow one in 2014 and taking up a bike from someone who really likes blondes.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 06:30 PM   #34

I Ride: 2012 Panigale ABS
I agree with you. I really like the white. BTW, what I would like to see is a white one with the wheels powder coated the bronze color (or whatever you call it) that matches the engine covers.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 03:57 AM   #35

Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
I agree with you. I really like the white. BTW, what I would like to see is a white one with the wheels powder coated the bronze color (or whatever you call it) that matches the engine covers.
Those are magnesium and yeah, that would probably look pretty nice! It's weird to not already be planning to change that with an open clutch cover.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 04:34 AM   #36

I Ride: the road
Exactly! This way I won't be putting a deposit on a yellow one in 2014 and taking up a bike from someone who really likes blondes.
LOL
Old Jan 9th 2013, 05:07 AM   #37

I Ride: Panigale Tricolore, 2010 KTM 990 SMR, 2002 HD Heritage Springer
Talking

We can argue which colors people like all day long and never get anywhere because it is a personal preference.
Not for me but everyone knows that the Tri is the best because the green part of the bike is faster so the red and white has to keep up. I also heard that the Tri is the most reliable of all the colors
Old Jan 9th 2013, 05:25 AM   #38

Originally Posted by MUNDMAN View Post
Not for me but everyone knows that the Tri is the best because the green part of the bike is faster so the red and white has to keep up. I also heard that the Tri is the most reliable of all the colors
That was the initial thinking, but it turns out the slight bumps and variations that naturally occur as you transition from one color to the next (kinda like a really bad pinstriping job) cause a lot of turbulence and it actually drops about 15 hp to the red and white bikes. You can really see it in the wind tunnel tests.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 09:51 AM   #39

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
I don't, since that one guy put a Tri kit from Ebay on his Base, I am suspect that all Tri's are just Bases with decals.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:12 AM   #40

Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
I don't, since that one guy put a Tri kit from Ebay on his Base, I am suspect that all Tri's are just Bases with decals.
I think that's definitely the case. I can't imagine paying that kind of premium for some body stickers and two Termignoni stickers that go on the exhaust covers. I guess some people just really like pricey stickers! Maybe they are really nice stickers though? I haven't seen one in person yet.

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1199, 2013, biposto, ducati, monoposto, panigale, pics, pictures, white

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.