Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree24Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:14 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Trauma's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: St. Louis

Posts: 5,006
Thanks: 1144

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
Originally Posted by Capt CF View Post
I think that's definitely the case. I can't imagine paying that kind of premium for some body stickers and two Termignoni stickers that go on the exhaust covers. I guess some people just really like pricey stickers! Maybe they are really nice stickers though? I haven't seen one in person yet.
I think the extra cost makes them stick for 2 years (warranty ya know). After that, we'll have a lot more bases on the road!
Trauma is offline  
 
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:18 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
Capt CF's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Northern Virginia

Posts: 2,118
Thanks: 677

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
I think the extra cost makes them stick for 2 years (warranty ya know). After that, we'll have a lot more bases on the road!
Yep. You should still be able to pick one out by looking for the ghost of the tri stickers where the paint faded unevenly before the stickers fell off. I doubt you will be able to tell under the termi stickers since those are brushed aluminum.
Capt CF is offline  
Old Jan 11th 2013, 08:59 AM   #43
Member
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: Vermont

Posts: 31
Thanks: 0

My wife had a Monster 696 in the pearl white (or ivory, something like that) and I really like that color. The Artic White still looks pretty good on the Pani, and as others have mentioned you really do have a lot more options when you go to customize white (vs red).
Magoo is offline  
Old Jan 11th 2013, 10:09 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
SoutheastJay's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: Florida

Posts: 472
Thanks: 77

I Ride: 2013 1199 Ducati Panigale ABS
Yuck!!!!

Um, White is for CBR's and Jap bikes. Ducati Tri and Red cannot be touched. 90% of the people who just glance will not even notice it as a ducati.... A horrible color in my opinion. No offense to anyone who just shelled out thousands of dollars to own it, im sure you have your reasons.
SoutheastJay is offline  
Old Jan 11th 2013, 10:14 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
Capt CF's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Northern Virginia

Posts: 2,118
Thanks: 677

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
Originally Posted by SoutheasyJay View Post
Um, White is for CBR's and Jap bikes. Ducati Tri and Red cannot be touched. 90% of the people who just glance will not even notice it as a ducati.... A horrible color in my opinion. No offense to anyone who just shelled out thousands of dollars to own it, im sure you have your reasons.
Thank goodness your opinion is worth exactly what we paid you for it.
Capt CF is offline  
Old Jan 11th 2013, 10:35 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
Trauma's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: St. Louis

Posts: 5,006
Thanks: 1144

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
When I saw my first white one, I thought it was primered for a new paint job. A lot of people in the midwest drive cars that color yo know (primer that is).

BTW, you don't want to be a guy with a white iPhone in my town....
Trauma is offline  
Old Jan 11th 2013, 10:37 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
Capt CF's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Northern Virginia

Posts: 2,118
Thanks: 677

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
When I saw my first white one, I thought it was primered for a new paint job. A lot of people in the midwest drive cars that color yo know (primer that is).
You definitely are one of the privileged Starbucks only Ducatisti if you deny that primer is a valid color. I've owned trucks that were primer their entire lives. Please get back to your triple non-fat mocha with extra whip and leave us motorcycle guys to the real discussions.

Thanks
Capt CF is offline  
Old Jan 11th 2013, 10:44 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
Trauma's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: St. Louis

Posts: 5,006
Thanks: 1144

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
Originally Posted by Capt CF View Post
You definitely are one of the privileged Starbucks only Ducatisti if you deny that primer is a valid color. I've owned trucks that were primer their entire lives. Please get back to your triple non-fat mocha with extra whip and leave us motorcycle guys to the real discussions.

Thanks
I didn't use the word invalid -but white not really a color, more of an absence of one - BTW, when, I go to bux, I bring my Diet Coke(trademark) to drink in my tank bag (see related thread).
Trauma is offline  
Old Jan 11th 2013, 10:45 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Capt CF's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Northern Virginia

Posts: 2,118
Thanks: 677

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
I didn't use the word invalid -but white not really a color, more of an absence of one - BTW, when, I go to bux, I bring my Diet Coke(trademark) to drink in my tank bag (see related thread).
Just make sure to keep your pinky out.
Capt CF is offline  
Old Jan 20th 2013, 11:28 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
AntiHero's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Round the World on an 1199

Posts: 2,084
Thanks: 2245

I liked the white in person. Reminded me of the clinical look a GT3 has. The satin black is cool, too (custom, done by the dealer), but with all three of them side by side, the red is far sexier.

AntiHero is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1199, 2013, biposto, ducati, monoposto, panigale, pics, pictures, white



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ducati 1199 Configurator Pictures duc Ducati 1199 3 Jul 23rd 2013 07:33 PM
Ducati 1199 Pictures from EICMA duc Ducati 1199 2 Jul 23rd 2013 06:21 PM
2013 Ducati 1199R Panigale Will Have Electric Power MADMAN Ducati 1199 10 Apr 17th 2012 06:07 AM
Ducati 1199 Pictures from today's training course at Ducati UK Desmo Dave Ducati 1199 1 Nov 17th 2011 01:43 PM
More beautiful pictures of the Ducati 1199! duc Ducati 1199 1 Nov 14th 2011 06:42 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed