Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree102Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 10th 2016, 12:59 PM   #71

I Ride: 2012 1199S, 2008 Speed Triple
Thumbs up Sourcing Info for Sub-frame and Fairing Stay

I have had some messages regarding where to source the sub-frame and fairing stay.
I went with Andre Taylor, owner of Powersports Stuff; he brings a mobile shop and service truck to all of our local track days.
Anyway, his web site is http://www.powersports-stuff.com/; however, it sucks. And, any of the products on the site do not reflect what he as access to nor his actual pricing.
So, just send him an email; tell him I (Tyler) sent you his way and see what he can do for you on whatever you need.

Name: Andre Taylor
Email: qanda@powersports-stuff.com

I've also ordered some Woodcraft rear-sets from him, GP-shift. The Lightech rearsets are nice; but I don't need the additional adjustability beyond what Woodcraft offers and I'd rather put the additional $$ towards an airbag vest.
Thanks from wfoduck

Last edited by Styler; Feb 11th 2016 at 06:28 AM.

Old Feb 14th 2016, 04:16 PM   #72

Thumbs up Swapped out Fairing Stays

I pulled the OEM fairing stay, lights and horn today and put back the front end using the aftermarket race fairing stay from Tightails. All in, I dropped 5.5 lbs.

Again, I was impressed with the Tightail's product; it even had holes drilled for the air intake sensor.

I used some heat-shrink wire insulator to cover all of the plugs not in use. (See last two pics.) That said, I am still waiting for my plug kit from Ducati Omaha to plug the headlight connector. It shipped last week so it should arrive Monday.

Between the 5.5 lbs gone up front and the 8 lbs dropped at the other end of the bike with the adoption of the Tightails subframe, I think I might even be able to feel the difference in fast, lateral transitions on the track. At the extreme ends and high-up - it should be noticeable.

From my calculations, the bike should be coming in at about 380 lbs with 2 US gallons of gas in it. (Assuming the track bodywork weighs about the same as OEM plastic and I figure out a way to keep the radiator fan with the belly pan.)
Attached Thumbnails
The Conversion and the Converted-img_2238.jpg   The Conversion and the Converted-img_2239.jpg   The Conversion and the Converted-img_2234.jpg   The Conversion and the Converted-img_2241.jpg   The Conversion and the Converted-img_2235.jpg  

The Conversion and the Converted-img_2236.jpg  
Thanks from Gecko, youngR and b9009b

Last edited by Styler; Feb 17th 2016 at 04:35 AM.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 04:34 AM   #73

Question

Originally Posted by Ljuice26 View Post
Yeah, how in the hell did you keep the fan on the Panigale and install the oil retention pan? Chaotic
Hey; if you and Chaotic are still going to be at the track this weekend, please report back with some pics of his set-up and tell us how he retained the fan with the belly pan.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 04:40 AM   #74

I Ride: 1199 SL, 1199S Tri, 1299S Anni, MV Agusta F4 750, M1200S, M696, Husaberg FS650e, Petronas FP1
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
I pulled the OEM fairing stay, lights and horn today and put back the front end using the aftermarket race fairing stay from Tightails. All in, I dropped 5.5 lbs.
Very clever idea to wrap the rear wheel with cling film!!!! Thanks for the idea!
Thanks from Styler
Old Feb 17th 2016, 08:24 AM   #75

Racing Connector Delete Plugs

I received the various delete plugs for the wiring loom today (AKA the “Racing Electrical Connector Kit,” part number 96580011A [first pic]), and the rear brake light connector plug (AKA "Rear Track Fairing Connector Kit," part number 96580021A [second pic].)

In order of appearance in the first pic, the three delete plugs are:
1. Radiator fan (black oval)
2. Kickstand delete (triangular white)
3. Headlights (translucent rectangle)

At this point, I am only using the headlight delete plug, since I am waiting to see if Chaotic was able to use the racing belly pan AND keep the radiator fan, and I am still undecided about getting rid of the kickstand prior to getting a chock block for the front wheel so that I can roll up after a session and not drop my bike while holding it up and fiddling with a rear stand.

Anyway, installation of the headlight plug is easy-peasy; just plug it in and zip-tie the plugged connector to the wiring loom so that it is not flopping about. (See pic 3).

I was REALLY disappointed with the tail-light delete plug, since I was expecting it to plug the connector for the tail lights where it meets the main wiring harness, just behind the tank. (See pic 4.) Instead, the plug is for connector at the very back of the bike, where the loom actually connects to the tail lights (yellow connector, very top left corner of pic 5). So, if I wanted to use this plug I would have to pull the 2+ feet of wiring from the OEM tail section and connect it to the main wiring loom at the connector just behind the tank (again, see pic 4). Well, to me that seems idiotic, and so I just used some of the heat shrink wrap to seal of the plug that connects the main wiring loom to the rear wiring (see pic 6) and I will have to figure something else out to keep the error codes at bay.

I suppose the "rear track fairing" plug might makes sense if you are keeping the OEM sub-frame and don’t want to pull the wiring or if you are just looking to kill the tail-lights when taking your bike to the track; but, really? Why not just make a plug for the connector near the main wiring loom and give people the option of pulling the extra 2+ feet of wiring (or not)?

Anyway, I do not want an error message on the dash every time I use the brakes, so I am going to try something else. I recall that someone on this forum somewhere noted that they had “disconnected one wire from the sensor on front brake switch” and that the thought they did the same for the rear but was not positive.

So, if anyone can provide me with some direction on this, including pics of the wire-sensor connectors that need to be pulled, I would be thankful.

P.S. PM me if you want to buy a "Rear Track Fairing Connector Kit," part number 96580021A (second pic). I can see it being of use for anyone doing a casual track day and wants to be able to quickly go back and forth between road and track duty. They retail for US$16 plus shipping; the package remains unopened. EDIT: The tail light plug (AKA "Rear track Fairing Connector Kit") is sold.

On another matter, I am still waiting on my track body work. Sean, the painter and proprietor of CCR, is still recovering from pneumonia and I can see how hanging out in a paint booth with a respirator on would suck when you have to expel green slime every couple of minutes (and not wearing a respirator is just foolish). Poor bastard; I had pneumonia once an it blows.
So... It looks like I will not be able to make the track this weekend, which was just scheduled in response to the awesome weather and sunny and 75 F forecast. All well.
Attached Thumbnails
The Conversion and the Converted-img_2243.jpg   The Conversion and the Converted-img_2250.jpg   The Conversion and the Converted-img_2244.jpg   The Conversion and the Converted-img_2248.jpg   The Conversion and the Converted-img_2247.jpg  

The Conversion and the Converted-img_2251.jpg  
Thanks from Gecko and NW1299

Last edited by Styler; Mar 7th 2016 at 06:06 AM.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 01:40 PM   #76

I Ride: 1199
I wont be going the track this weekend at Tally. I'm still waiting for my fairings from Sean also. I'm also waiting for my new exhaust coming from our neighborhood drug dealer, I mean parts supplier, Zohsix01. Also, I just sent my ECU to Steve at Moto Rapido to get some stuff turned off and some SSTK flashing so we can map the bike the correct way with RapidBike when installing the new exhaust.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 01:53 PM   #77

I Ride: kx450f & 1199 panigale
Just follow the wire from the rear brake and unplug. For the front follow wire and disconnect one wire of the two. I disconnected the grey wire. Then you'll be all set and no worry of the red light on dash. ����
Thanks from Styler
Old Feb 24th 2016, 06:25 AM   #78

Question Race rear-sets; disconnecting rear brake wiring

Rear-sets arrived yesterday and I started the process of switching out the OEM stuff, beginning with the right side.

I left the brake switch assembled to the OEM rear-set and followed the wire up along-side the engine and to the plug on the right side, which I then unplugged and pulled the entire wire and brake switch with the OEM foot controls. I figure, this way it will be easier to put everything back together if and when the bike ever goes back to street mode.

Is this what you mean when you note to disconnect the wire? (See second pic.) It does not jive with your description.
Will simply unplugging the wire prevent an error code or do I need to do more?

Originally Posted by wfoduck View Post
Just follow the wire from the rear brake and unplug. For the front follow wire and disconnect one wire of the two. I disconnected the grey wire. Then you'll be all set and no worry of the red light on dash. ����
Attached Thumbnails
The Conversion and the Converted-img_2253.jpg   The Conversion and the Converted-img_2257.jpg  
Old Feb 24th 2016, 08:41 AM   #79

I Ride: kx450f & 1199 panigale
I disconnected the rear brake sensor and no warning lights
Old Feb 24th 2016, 09:15 AM   #80

Where exactly is that sensor? Pics please

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
conversion, converted