Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree6Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 18th 2016, 03:38 PM   #1

Tuneboy V6 tested

Just FYI Tuneboy just publicly released V6 tunes for 1199. It added the 1299 tuneboy features of launch control and 3 additional throttle curve selections and the low end autotune with narrow band as described by wayne in the 1299 forum.

I have installed and tested on my 1199R and they are cool added features from the v4 software that I had previous. It is a free update if you have the older versions. Since no update instructions were given it was trial and error. I had my bike in a no start state a couple times. Here is how to use the new V6 tunes.

1. return the bike to stock by using you current software. (load the correct .std file)
2. go to Mitsubishi-Software-Download | Tuneboy and download flash program and tuneboy trim v6 beta. Also download the microcode update under the version 4.1 section.
3. extract all files place all the .exes in the flashmisubishi folder in the programs(x86) folder.
4. Down load the tunes for your bike from TuneBoy - Tune Downloads
5. Extract tunes (.dat files)
6. Plug in your tuneboy device to the computer USB only not the bike.
7. Run the wb01_update_v505.exe
8. Flash the new tune or cruise and tune files using the new flashmisubishi_v6.exe. it is the same process as the old software. Don't forget to add your trim files as well
9. To configure the new launch control rpm and other features you have to use the new tuneboytrim_v6.exe The settings are in the configuration menu

You do not uninstall the previous version of tuneboy just place the .exes in the same folder. If you use the old versions to flash the new .dat files you will get a no-start. Don't panic just flash the .std and try again using the correct flash version. The mitsubishiflash_v6.exe will not work unless you update your device mentioned in step 7.

Descriptions of new features and function are here ducati_Mitsubishi | Tuneboy

I have not found an updated .pdf yet. but they have instructional videos up for most of the new features.

Sorry so short Maybe someone can add screen shots.
Thanks from Phl, Keilaz, mordor and 1 others

Last edited by rpm429; Feb 19th 2016 at 04:57 AM. Reason: I suck at proof reading

Old Feb 18th 2016, 08:27 PM   #2
Phl

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, FZR400, GROM
Subscribed!
Old Feb 19th 2016, 04:44 AM   #3

I rode the bike to work on the linear torque throttle map. The rest of the torque dip feels completely gone.

I tried the short throw throttle map last night and never came so close to looping it by accident. It really is 100% power by 70% twist.

I'm going to try the narrow band autotune for my low throttle points later this weekend. The trim files that shipped with the tuneboy got rid of almost all the low end bucking without a custom tune job. I want to see if this will take care of the rest. Wayne describes it here Tuneboy map feature for 1299 and Panigale R on his second post.

It seems just like the same method the other brands use for the tune while driving with stock 02s, but I have to make the final entries into the trim tables after I calculate them for the final a/f I want instead of it auto applying.
Thanks from imbloodyskintagain
Old Mar 10th 2016, 01:11 PM   #4

I Ride: 13 Panigale 1199S
Any updates?
Old Mar 12th 2016, 07:57 AM   #5

The autotune with stock o2s works as advertised. As explained in Wayne's instructions don't use it for more than part throttle tuning. Since you set the target A/f to 14.7 in the first step the bike will start to run like crap as it tries to auto adjust all the part throttle to 14.7. I wouldn't do it on a busy road. Bike might stall at idle and run worse than the factory tune in small throttle conditions. Marking the throttle positions really helps get samples faster. You do not have to mount the tuneboy box permanently on the bike I used a backpack to hold the tune-boy box and laptop for the data logging/auto tuning rides. It took a few rides to adjust low throttle in to 14.7. Once you have those trim values all you do is change the target a/f to what you want and it will recalculate from the 14.7. You can save the 14.7 a/f trim values as a separate trim file that way you can go back and try different a/f values. I worked pretty well but I don't know how much time you save over just using a dyno if you have an experienced operator. I just ordered the wideband 02 kit and Ill see what the a/f is compared to what I set it to using the stock 02 tuning method.
Old Jun 18th 2016, 04:54 AM   #6

Do you have to purchase the: Tune Key Only (Ducati Mitsubishi ECU) | KEYM | $199
to make the updates?
Old Jun 19th 2016, 06:48 PM   #7

No, the update was free. Just download the latest tunes and software.
Old Jun 19th 2016, 10:06 PM   #8

have been running the v6 updates for 3-4 months now (my tuner had early accesses to the updates for the 1199)

Launch Control: can have 3 different mapping (rpm limits) switchable by holding the throttle open and pulling the clutch in.

have mine set to around 5000rpm, select 1st gear pull clutch it open the throttle and then bangs of the set rpm and you are able to adjusted the throttle %, haven't actually launch using it but it does sounds awesome

Throttle mapping: again can have 3 different mapping; i run 1 street map, 1 in between map and one race map.

race map there is zero delay in throttle responds and torque; on the street this map is fucking deadly as soon as you touch the throttle the bike wants to accelerate at light speed with a instance burst of power/torque; haven't yet to try it on the track but from the street i can see how amazing this will be for track riding. I personally find it too aggressive for the street as even the slightly touch of the throttle makes the bike rocket forward without warning haha.

street map is the perfect balance between instance torque and ride-ability the transition between off and on the throttle is smooth and has a more linear power/torque curve, also feels like the top end is stronger and pulls harder. Overall it is an improvement on an already good mapping and adds that final piece the the puzzle to make the 1199 so much more usable (no more torque hole/gaps)

Note: i am running custom throttle and engine mapping; my tuner works directly with tuneboy to allow him to do dyno tuning then update the throttle mapping.

From what my tuner explain to me the auto tune feature is a huge time saver, they used it on their race bike and was able to improve the mapping using real world data compare to just using a dyno
Thanks from Phl

Last edited by kaido; Jun 19th 2016 at 10:10 PM.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 05:09 AM   #9
Phl

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, FZR400, GROM
Kaido - very nice!!!

do you have any further details on:

1. the functionality of the auto-tuner?

2. how did you adjust the maps?

Thanks!
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 11:05 PM   #10

Does anyone have a V6 trim file for a full Akra and filter which they are willing to share? The V4.1 version had a dedicated Akra map with two different Akra trim files, the V6 only seems to have the base map with added Tuneboy features.

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
tested, tuneboy

« Nice seat! | Wdw »

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.