Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 21st 2017, 11:18 PM   #11

Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
any updates on this? mine is playing up and I'd love to know if this is the fix
The clutch micro switch on mine, once I got it operating correctly no more problem. Looked at 3 new bikes at the dealers...... all the same fault, lever pin not acting on the switch. There are many 1299s world wide with this same simple to cure problem.

Old Jun 1st 2017, 09:23 PM   #12

Brilliant - thanks to this thread I diagnosed the quickshift and erratic engine revs problem straight away!! Started happening out of the blue yesterday morning. Is I drove away from home at slow speed firstly the quickshifter wouldn't work and secondly the revs would keep hesitating then picking up, like i was closing and opening the throttle slightly, which I wasn't. The bike is a bit lumpy at slow speeds at the best of times but this made it very difficult to ride.

You can also tell the micro switch has gone if you press the starter in first with the clutch out, the bike still trying to start - which it shouldn't.

Read this thread. Got home, took the side fairing and black infill panel off to get at the micro switch connectors. Disconnected and test it it. Basically the switch was stuck in the open circuity position , ie clutch pulled in.

After unplugging the switch all together the quickshifter and engine running were fine. The only issue I can see with not having the micro switch at all is that the engine won't start in gear with the clutch in, ie you have to get the bike into neutral.

So hoorah - bike back on the road

It does beg the question, what on earth is the ECU doing to the engine running based upon clutch position? Doesn't seam like a good idea to make the engine run like a bucking bronco with the clutch pulled in? Why make think so complicated??

Anyway - thanks to everyone on the thread!!
Old Jun 1st 2017, 09:28 PM   #13

Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
any updates on this? mine is playing up and I'd love to know if this is the fix
Check micro switch for clutch

Otherwise replace the clutch slave aus oberon distributer only has a red one left
Old Aug 16th 2017, 09:40 AM   #14

I have the same problem on my new 959 panigale, can someone tell me where is the micro switch and what do i have to control?

Thank you very much

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
clutch, problem, throttle