Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 10th 2016, 04:10 PM   #1

Clutch & Throttle problem

Hello all,

I have a strange issue with acceleration after using clutch mostly around town low speeds 60kms.

Problem is when i use the clutch and release it to the grab point the bike will surge faster and then go to what i would call what it should have been slower. Hard to explain but i know its there 100% happens not in first gear but every gear after 1st. Also if i change gear with clutch and don't touch the throttle at all after a second or 2 it wont happen. Its defiantly a clutch issue there.

The bike has been dyno twice with tuneboy software, but i did not get it back like this. Its just started happening last two days

I have adjusted the clutch lever to see if that will fix it but it does not seem to help. Its not giving me that high rev sound because on release of the clutch the bike physical surges forward then what i would call normal.

Any ideas appreciated on what need to be done to fix it??

Thanks community in advance!

Kevin

Old May 10th 2016, 08:26 PM   #2

Check the clutch switch. There has been a lot of banter here on exactly what the switch does and does not do. I have the Brembo GP master and I have the switch unplugged. Plugged in regardless weather it was the stock lever and switch or the GP lever with the brembo aftermarket switch, connected, the bike gave me fits.
Old May 10th 2016, 11:44 PM   #3

Check your clutch action...does it feel vague...if it does, bleed the system.

Clutch that has air in the lines, can cause some problems when you shift...engagement will not be accurate...causing sudden surging problems when releasing the clutch...

Bleed your clutch first being the first easy remedy, then go from there if problems still persists...

Let us know...
Old May 11th 2016, 04:04 AM   #4

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
Originally Posted by djstarburst View Post
Hello all,

I have a strange issue with acceleration after using clutch mostly around town low speeds 60kms.

Problem is when i use the clutch and release it to the grab point the bike will surge faster and then go to what i would call what it should have been slower. Hard to explain but i know its there 100% happens not in first gear but every gear after 1st. Also if i change gear with clutch and don't touch the throttle at all after a second or 2 it wont happen. Its defiantly a clutch issue there.

The bike has been dyno twice with tuneboy software, but i did not get it back like this. Its just started happening last two days

I have adjusted the clutch lever to see if that will fix it but it does not seem to help. Its not giving me that high rev sound because on release of the clutch the bike physical surges forward then what i would call normal.

Any ideas appreciated on what need to be done to fix it??

Thanks community in advance!

Kevin
Kevin,
Who did your dyno work ? And yeah try bleeding clutch as suggested.
Old May 11th 2016, 10:47 PM   #5

Hello all,

Thanks for the tips, i have since in the last day tested my bike, i dont know the reason or the cause but i can be a lot more clear on the problem

If i pull in the clutch slightly where the it should start giving me higher revs it doesnt. Instead the bike will constantly keep accelerating until i pull it full in then it will do what its supposed to do. So constant speed of 60km's i pull in the clutch slightly it will accelerate as if i was turning the throttle on slowly. I do have tuneboy installed with cruise control ( i know but its so handy!!) i am wondering if the computer is messing with me as well

I have been ridiing for x many years and never had this problem before.

Again thank you for the things i will try and see how it goes. Well let you know.

My bike was dynotuned in Port Macquarie Protech motorcycles

Thanks
Old May 12th 2016, 12:21 AM   #6

I Ride: 1299
Mine will momentarily accelerate when changing into second with the throttle fully closed. Only happens when changing into second and only when clutch is used. It is almost like the blipper is working on up shifts. Has happened from the moment I picked it up riding away from dealer. No issue when clutchless shifting
Old May 14th 2016, 08:07 PM   #7

Well my local mechanic fixed the problem quickly, its the sensor on that switch which activates to give a cleaner quicker shift and acceleration and its very subtle so no one knows its working electronically. Apparently my ECU was sending false data to it make it accelerate a lot faster than it should be and was giving me bad surging while in gear changes. Easy fixed apparently and it is now not giving me and grief anymore.

Also off with the ducabike rearsets on with the rizoma's.. Rizoma soooo much better, i love the look of the ducabike stuff but rearsets i do not recommend with multiple bad experiences with them.

Thanks guys
Old Jan 5th 2017, 04:00 AM   #8

Hello

I seem to have the same issue

Are you able to share what the fix was? I was thinking at first the bike is loosing power because of this sensor issue
Old Jan 5th 2017, 04:51 PM   #9

if anyone knows more about this i'd appreciate any info

seems like the OP wasn't active for awhile so there might be a chance that we won't find out how he was able to fix it with the mechanic

the only fix i tried was jumping the clutch switch sensor (which made it smooth and felt way more powerful) but the quick shifter won't work anymore
Old Jan 25th 2017, 02:30 AM   #10

any updates on this? mine is playing up and I'd love to know if this is the fix

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
clutch, problem, throttle