Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree16Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 14th 2017, 10:06 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2017
From: Southern California

Posts: 9
Thanks: 4

1199 - Akra headers with Termi slip on - Compatible?

Hey guys, I did some searching but couldn't find any definitive info on this combo. Hope someone here has enough experience with both set ups that they can answer.

I prefer the look and growl of the Termi mufflers, but I want titanium headers. I found a good deal on an Akra Evo full titanium exhaust. If I also pick up a set of Termi slip ons will they bolt right up to the titanium Akra headers?
ng1199 is offline  
 
Old Jun 14th 2017, 10:52 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
double0's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,164
Thanks: 1267

I Ride: 2013 Panigale White, 2007 CBR600RR, 2017 MV Agusta Dragster RC #108
You like the sound of the termi more than the akra? That's odd. Termi sounds like stock cans compared to the akra. Whether the akra headers match up with the termi cans or not, that would be a complete waste of money. Get the full akra evo n call it a day. Cans look much better than the termi cans and also sounds much much better. Not even in the same league.
Thanks from mark419ny, Marmoot and HeronB
double0 is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2017, 01:36 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
able duc's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Australia

Posts: 119
Thanks: 39

Originally Posted by double0 View Post
You like the sound of the termi more than the akra? That's odd. Termi sounds like stock cans compared to the akra. Whether the akra headers match up with the termi cans or not, that would be a complete waste of money. Get the full akra evo n call it a day. Cans look much better than the termi cans and also sounds much much better. Not even in the same league.
shit yeah that's right
able duc is online now  
Old Jun 15th 2017, 06:31 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2017
From: Sweden

Posts: 107
Thanks: 25

Termi collectors in titanium
https://www.ebay.com/itm/151740006959


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redfire is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2017, 08:26 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: So-Cal

Posts: 829
Thanks: 149

I think you're the first person that wants the sound of the Termi over Akra. The build quality of the akra is also superior.
jyli19 is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2017, 11:12 AM   #6
Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Finland

Posts: 72
Thanks: 13

I Ride: 1199 Panigale S (2014)
Nothing wrong with the akras sound but it is just too damn load for street use. Just my opinion!
micao is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2017, 11:30 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 4,788
Thanks: 1745

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
Originally Posted by ng1199 View Post
Hey guys, I did some searching but couldn't find any definitive info on this combo. Hope someone here has enough experience with both set ups that they can answer.

I prefer the look and growl of the Termi mufflers, but I want titanium headers. I found a good deal on an Akra Evo full titanium exhaust. If I also pick up a set of Termi slip ons will they bolt right up to the titanium Akra headers?
ive never heard of this before but if i am reading you correctly you want to buy the evo system if you can find it (you said you found it the evo does not come with upmap) the dp one is even more money then put it on and attach the termi cans instead of the akra cans?

if its just for sound why not just get the full termi system. either way you wont have the upmap and the wight saving is minimum with the TI headers.

im just asking you do what you want its your bike but i am very very confused.
mark419ny is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2017, 11:42 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Zelnik's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Sweden

Posts: 181
Thanks: 62

Currently installing a +300 Termi WSBK titanium system. I expect it to sound better than Acras bit we will see..
Thanks from GunMoto
Zelnik is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2017, 07:08 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2017
From: Southern California

Posts: 9
Thanks: 4

Originally Posted by Zelnik View Post
Currently installing a +300 Termi WSBK titanium system. I expect it to sound better than Acras bit we will see..
This is cool as shit. I would love to see pics/clips when it's on
ng1199 is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2017, 07:40 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2017
From: Southern California

Posts: 9
Thanks: 4

Originally Posted by double0 View Post
You like the sound of the termi more than the akra? That's odd. Termi sounds like stock cans compared to the akra. Whether the akra headers match up with the termi cans or not, that would be a complete waste of money. Get the full akra evo n call it a day. Cans look much better than the termi cans and also sounds much much better. Not even in the same league.
Originally Posted by able duc View Post
shit yeah that's right
Holy shit, I didn't realize how hard this forum rides Akra dick... I mean it is amazing quality and sounds great. But you really ride hard enough to go out of your way to post a 100% not helpful post bashing my idea?

Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Termi collectors in titanium
https://www.ebay.com/itm/151740006959


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your productive, on-topic post! Really though, I hadn't seen that ti manifold before. I'll try to find some reading on it.

Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
ive never heard of this before but if i am reading you correctly you want to buy the evo system if you can find it (you said you found it the evo does not come with upmap) the dp one is even more money then put it on and attach the termi cans instead of the akra cans?

if its just for sound why not just get the full termi system. either way you wont have the upmap and the wight saving is minimum with the TI headers.

im just asking you do what you want its your bike but i am very very confused.
The cans are because I like the sound of the Termi over Akra. The titanium manifold is mostly because I'm a sucker for titanium. It's a fucking cool metal and I love the blue that I can bring out on certain sections by heat anodizing. The weight is a very small added bonus.

I do shit like this on most of my cars and bikes and 9/10 ends up being a very cool, unique mod that is incredibly satisfying to me, a great conversation starter and makes for great track photos. As I've crept into higher tax brackets and more expensive toys I've noticed the "usual crowd" is usually more resistant to custom, change and straying from the norm. I'm assuming some of it has to do with resale and some has to do with old people being resistant to change. You guys should really try to embrace your own ideas sometimes though and try something new/cool. It could make for a lot more interesting bikes to look at. Unless your ideas are shit. Then stick to Akra Evos. Keep them nice and shiny so you can get good resale when you sell them.
Thanks from mark419ny and redfire
ng1199 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1199, akra, compatible, headers, mixing, slip, termi



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Want To Buy: WTB; DUCATI OEM Slip On from R, Akra / Termi somones upgrade take off The Tman Classifieds 5 Jun 16th 2017 07:22 PM
Want To Buy: Termi or Akra full exhaust or slip ons for 1199 Panigale ng1199 Classifieds 2 Jun 14th 2017 09:25 AM
Want To Buy: Termi or Akra slip-ons WTB oracle462 Classifieds 0 Apr 15th 2017 12:52 PM
Is the Termi header compatible with Akra slip on? jyli19 Ducati 1199 1 Jun 9th 2015 10:37 AM
For Sale: 1199 Termi Slip-ons & 70mm headers cosmok Classifieds 5 May 17th 2015 06:55 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed