Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree13Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 4th 2013, 03:16 PM   #1

I Ride: 1199 Tri and Diavel Carbon Red
New gearing full termi and latest maps tested

Well finally after three months waiting my latest spec manifold arrived for my Tri. Took the opportunity to get the revised gearing done and all the latest maps for the engine and tc etc.

Today was spent in the mountains on the roads I know best and I must say the bike is transformed.

The midrange is much fuller and fuelling at 3-7k is way better than even the last map update that was an improvement over the original.

The gearing change again in the tight twisites was a huge improvement where 3rd is much more usable and I can ride the torque much more out the corners rather than too much 8-10k rpm corner exits in 2nd where I have fight the bike a bit as all the power comes into play. I find on the road this is too much for my poor riding skills with rock walls, cliffs and coaches in the mix.

Looking at my gopro vid of the run (I have it looking through the screen so I can see the dash as well) and the proof to me of the extra torque is the increased flickering of the traction control, can't feel it activating but I guess it's helping get the power down smoothly. The bike is more in character with my old Ducati's but still with the ballistic top end. Best of both worlds.

All in all trilled with the upgrades, and getting the whole lots supplied and fitted for 1800 seems a bargain for the change in the bike.

Old May 4th 2013, 03:21 PM   #2

Oh and the new manifold design does look different to the old one in the curves it follows and diameter changes if you put both on a bench so it more than just the heat shield changes.

Talking of the heat shield I decided not to go for the engine covers but the latest carbon heat shield on the manifold works exceptionally well. The change is very noticeable and a pleasant surprise.
Thanks from Gunny Fitz
Old May 4th 2013, 04:57 PM   #3

I Ride: s1000rr sold now on 1199s ABS
Originally Posted by Speedyellow View Post
Well finally after three months waiting my latest spec manifold arrived for my Tri. Took the opportunity to get the revised gearing done and all the latest maps for the engine and tc etc.

Today was spent in the mountains on the roads I know best and I must say the bike is transformed.

The midrange is much fuller and fuelling at 3-7k is way better than even the last map update that was an improvement over the original.

The gearing change again in the tight twisites was a huge improvement where 3rd is much more usable and I can ride the torque much more out the corners rather than too much 8-10k rpm corner exits in 2nd where I have fight the bike a bit as all the power comes into play. I find on the road this is too much for my poor riding skills with rock walls, cliffs and coaches in the mix.

Looking at my gopro vid of the run (I have it looking through the screen so I can see the dash as well) and the proof to me of the extra torque is the increased flickering of the traction control, can't feel it activating but I guess it's helping get the power down smoothly. The bike is more in character with my old Ducati's but still with the ballistic top end. Best of both worlds.

All in all trilled with the upgrades, and getting the whole lots supplied and fitted for 1800 seems a bargain for the change in the bike.
Thanks for the info, Im very interested in the comments. I too have the termi slips on 2012 Pani S and Im looking at pushing the button on the manifolds. You mention revised manifold? Do you mean the standard full system manifold part 96480151A?

I can see from old Pani 2012 book the original manifold was part no.96450411B? does this mean it has been revised in shape, Ive seen the system supplied with R has a lets call it for simple terms a dent smashed into it to resolve the melting fairing issue Is this the shape change you talk about?

Apologies for the direct questioning just wantig to make sure I get the latest and greatest termi manifold available.

thanks in advance
Thanks from WAfatboy
Old May 5th 2013, 12:19 AM   #4

Don't know the part numbers at the moment will see when they post me a copy of the invoice, in the hurry to get riding the bike I left all the paperwork behind. Guessing its the new part number as not aware of there being different versions except for the full race manifold that doesn't fit the standard fairings?

We looked at an 2012 manifold kit they had at the dealer that was originally due to go on my bike before Ducati rang and said stop there's a new one about to be released. I asked if we could keep the old one until the new turned up incase it never did (having had Ducati's for years I'm used to the drill).

Anyway, the points that the diameter changes are slightly different, both loops are slightly longer and no signs of the dents you're talking about on the R. You do need them side by side to see the changes though, initially looked identical except for the heat shield changes.

There isn't an R on the island to have a look at here and as there are only 3 Panigale here not sure I'm going to get to see one for a while.
Old May 5th 2013, 01:02 AM   #5

I Ride: s1000rr sold now on 1199s ABS
Don't know the part numbers at the moment will see when they post me a copy of the invoice, in the hurry to get riding the bike I left all the paperwork behind. Guessing its the new part number as not aware of there being different versions except for the full race manifold that doesn't fit the standard fairings?

We looked at an 2012 manifold kit they had at the dealer that was originally due to go on my bike before Ducati rang and said stop there's a new one about to be released. I asked if we could keep the old one until the new turned up incase it never did (having had Ducati's for years I'm used to the drill).

Anyway, the points that the diameter changes are slightly different, both loops are slightly longer and no signs of the dents you're talking about on the R. You do need them side by side to see the changes though, initially looked identical except for the heat shield changes.

There isn't an R on the island to have a look at here and as there are only 3 Panigale here not sure I'm going to get to see one for a while.
ok thanks, part numbers would be useful, thanks for the response
Old May 5th 2013, 06:14 AM   #6

I Ride: 2012 Panigale S/ABS
Hello? Pics please
Old May 5th 2013, 06:59 AM   #7

I Ride: '14 ZX10R ABS/'12 Panigale S w/ABS
I brought up the "new manifold" release a while back was told to STFU "it's an R mainfold", so I want to see how this thing plays out.
Old May 5th 2013, 09:27 AM   #8

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
Oh great, does this mean all the Termi-related dynos are now obsolete?
Thanks from WAfatboy
Old May 5th 2013, 09:48 AM   #9

Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
Oh great, does this mean all the Termi-related dynos are now obsolete?
Yup, guess it does lol. There isn't a bike dynorod on this island so I can only tell you seat of the pants and this adds a similar upgrade to the torque as the last update and feels much more Ducati torque wise and gives the traction control a harder time but still has the hp rush at the top.

Don't really care what the numbers are as now its got way more power than I can use here with no tracks.

Should keep a few threads running for a while.
Old May 5th 2013, 09:50 AM   #10

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
Yup, guess it does lol. There isn't a bike dynorod on this island so I can only tell you seat of the pants and this adds a similar upgrade to the torque as the last update and feels much more Ducati torque wise and gives the traction control a harder time but still has the hp rush at the top.

Don't really care what the numbers are as now its got way more power than I can use here with no tracks.

Should keep a few threads running for a while.
I agree, numbers mean nothing if you can't "feel" the difference you paid for - awesome for you! The island thing, the power thing awesome as well lol!

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
full, gearing, latest, maps, termi, tested