Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree29Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 17th 2014, 08:29 AM   #1
duc
Admin
 
duc's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Northwest

Posts: 784
Thanks: 603

I Ride: 2012 Ducati 1199 S
Post 2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale Leaked by Ducati Dealership



The owners of MotoCorsa Ducati dealership in Portland, Oregon, after being named the best Ducati dealership in the US, the guys thought to take a picture of the all new Ducati 1299 Panigale in full glory.

However, they ignored the very background against which they took the photo, and the fact that it showed a huge picture of a Panigale bike, but displaying the 1299 badge instead of the 1199 one current motorcycles have. The photo was published on Facebook, and removed later, but it was all too late and peering eyes saw it and saved it as well.

The 1299 Panigale is rumored to make appearance in early November at the EICMA, and it looks like it will replace the actual 1199 Panigale R. This in turn, means that the World Superbike machines will be based on the 1299 for the 2015 season and on into the future until rules change once more. As the WSBK will adopt the EVO regulations form 2015 on, certain aspects of the bikesí engineering have become subject to more restrictive specs, hence the rumored displacement increase in order to maintain competitiveness.

Customers will still be able to buy the 1199 Panigale and 1199 Panigale S, if their budget or preferences makes the new 1299 non-eligible. With the 100cc displacement increase, the peak power of the 1299 Panigale is also expected to reach past the 200 hp mark.

Follow the all new Ducati 1299 on Facebook and Twitter
duc is offline  
 
Old Sep 17th 2014, 08:33 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Oregon

Posts: 1,025
Thanks: 650

Originally Posted by duc View Post


The owners of MotoCorsa Ducati dealership in Portland, Oregon, after being named the best Ducati dealership in the US, the guys thought to take a picture of the all new Ducati 1299 Panigale in full glory.

However, they ignored the very background against which they took the photo, and the fact that it showed a huge picture of a Panigale bike, but displaying the 1299 badge instead of the 1199 one current motorcycles have. The photo was published on Facebook, and removed later, but it was all too late and peering eyes saw it and saved it as well.

The 1299 Panigale is rumored to make appearance in early November at the EICMA, and it looks like it will replace the actual 1199 Panigale R. This in turn, means that the World Superbike machines will be based on the 1299 for the 2015 season and on into the future until rules change once more. As the WSBK will adopt the EVO regulations form 2015 on, certain aspects of the bikesí engineering have become subject to more restrictive specs, hence the rumored displacement increase in order to maintain competitiveness.

Customers will still be able to buy the 1199 Panigale and 1199 Panigale S, if their budget or preferences makes the new 1299 non-eligible. With the 100cc displacement increase, the peak power of the 1299 Panigale is also expected to reach past the 200 hp mark.

Follow the all new Ducati 1299 on Facebook and Twitter

Bolded part makes no sense. The rules package for 2015 was just finalized with the additions allowing aftermarket rods. There hasn't been any talk of a displacement increase allowed for twins.
shakazulu12 is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2014, 08:37 AM   #3
Member
 
Ikon's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2014
From: Seattle, WA

Posts: 77
Thanks: 20

Look on the bright side the 1199s will be under 18k now. Wish I would've waited
Ikon is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2014, 08:59 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
wachuko's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: Orlando, FL USA

Posts: 229
Thanks: 68

I Ride: HD Road Glide Custom CVO and HD Forty-Eight
You think those guys got in trouble due to the photo leaking?
wachuko is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2014, 09:28 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
ygfamily21's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2014
From: MI

Posts: 336
Thanks: 155

I Ride: Anniversario #85 Full Akra with more carbons, 14 1199R (sold)
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
You think those guys got in trouble due to the photo leaking?
they prolly did that on purpose... the dealer name is all over the internet... way to advertise their dealer for free.

Last edited by ygfamily21; Sep 17th 2014 at 09:45 AM.
ygfamily21 is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2014, 09:28 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2014
From: Mid Ohio

Posts: 541
Thanks: 192

Nope.

Generally speaking: When I don't want a prototypes production ideas to leak out, I don't hang up a giant picture of said prototype, and let people with handlebar mustaches get their picture taken, in front of it.
Thanks from 92GTA, JeffD and alfredogtx
Buliwyf is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2014, 09:32 AM   #7
Member
 
SirRichi's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
From: Switzerland

Posts: 48
Thanks: 21

I Ride: 1199 R
That will get interesting Don't know if I should be happy to have a 1199R or cry that a 1299 is coming...?! Good that not many R are built
But OUCH for all the gents who got the SL. What the hell is Ducati thinking of these customers? Got the super high end motorcycle and few months later there is a new engine with more power

Perhaps its all a nice marketing stuff
SirRichi is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2014, 09:34 AM   #8
Phl
Moderator
 
Phl's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: here

Posts: 6,943
Thanks: 3595

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, FZR400, GROM
more power due to 100 cc more won't automatically result in a faster (or more desirable) bike IMHO.
Thanks from ScrapperX and Gecko
Phl is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2014, 09:53 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Oregon

Posts: 1,025
Thanks: 650

Originally Posted by Phl View Post
more power due to 100 cc more won't automatically result in a faster (or more desirable) bike IMHO.
Kawasaki didn't really hide the fact that their own testing has the 599 model a second a lap faster than the 636 on their test track.

I would think for street use, the torque is welcomed, but I suspect in a track environment the 1200 will rev easier.
shakazulu12 is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2014, 09:54 AM   #10
Phl
Moderator
 
Phl's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: here

Posts: 6,943
Thanks: 3595

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, FZR400, GROM
spy pic:



(i guess mufflers are designed to keep the noise down for testing purposes only)
Phl is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299, 2015, dealership, ducati, leaked, panigale


« - | 2015 1299 »

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new model leaked: ducati 1199 turbo (comes with spare wheels, race fairing and tools) Phl Ducati 1199 20 Sep 16th 2014 09:59 AM
Ducati starts work on 2015 Desmosedici Phl Racing 8 Jun 12th 2014 12:14 PM
Lorenzo to Ducati 2015?? Ducatiph1 Racing 28 Jan 17th 2014 11:16 AM
2014 Ducati 899 Panigale leaked picture... Teamducatiracing Ducati 899 64 Sep 9th 2013 09:17 AM
Class bikes at my local Ducati Dealership Carl1199 Ducati 1199 6 Aug 14th 2013 02:57 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed