Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree3Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 28th 2015, 11:19 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
TurboLag's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Norway

Posts: 546
Thanks: 202

I Ride: 2015 1299 Panigale
Akra, only scilencer..

Has anyone gone with only the akra scilencer? I'm thinking of going that route in order to actually get a dB killer that fits so I might be able to do trackdays... The Panigale is essentially banned on my local tracks for being too loud even with the stock exhaust.. Obnoxiously strict 100 dB regulations :/
TurboLag is offline  
 
Old May 28th 2015, 11:22 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Pani Dropper's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Frisco, Texas

Posts: 126
Thanks: 63

I Ride: 2012 1199
If the stock exhaust is too loud for your track, then there is no way in hell the Akra will be allowed. dB killers or not.
Pani Dropper is offline  
Old May 28th 2015, 11:26 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
BlueBear's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: Melbourne, AUS

Posts: 422
Thanks: 63

I Ride: White 1199S w/ ABS
akra with silencer is 106 - 2 db louder
akra no silencer will be about 110-111db
BlueBear is offline  
Old May 28th 2015, 11:51 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2014
From: USA

Posts: 299
Thanks: 141

I Ride: '14 1199S '16 675R
Originally Posted by TurboLag View Post
Has anyone gone with only the akra scilencer? I'm thinking of going that route in order to actually get a dB killer that fits so I might be able to do trackdays... The Panigale is essentially banned on my local tracks for being too loud even with the stock exhaust.. Obnoxiously strict 100 dB regulations :/
Stock Panigales failing sound testing has been a pretty regular occurrence since 2012. Seems kinda silly to buy a bike knowing it's going to fail if the track is important to you.

I wonder if your dealer can get the Japanese spec exhaust for you. It ruins the bike but it probably passes sound checks.
BTrain5489 is online now  
Old May 28th 2015, 12:04 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
80shilling's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 946
Thanks: 789

Originally Posted by TurboLag View Post
Has anyone gone with only the akra scilencer? I'm thinking of going that route in order to actually get a dB killer that fits so I might be able to do trackdays... The Panigale is essentially banned on my local tracks for being too loud even with the stock exhaust.. Obnoxiously strict 100 dB regulations :/
Count yourself lucky... At Laguna Seca, the sound limit is now 90DB... YES!!! 90 freaking DB... Stupid bastards buy multi-million dollar homes by a World famous racetrack, then complain about the noise...
80shilling is offline  
Old May 28th 2015, 12:25 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
wanderlust's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: Ohio

Posts: 160
Thanks: 66

I Ride: 2013 1199
90db!? That's insane--what are people doing to meet the below 90db requirement? Is that just for track days or for races too?
wanderlust is offline  
Old May 28th 2015, 01:05 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Trauma's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: St. Louis

Posts: 5,008
Thanks: 1149

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
Originally Posted by 80shilling View Post
Count yourself lucky... At Laguna Seca, the sound limit is now 90DB... YES!!! 90 freaking DB... Stupid bastards buy multi-million dollar homes by a World famous racetrack, then complain about the noise...
Have that same issue at an airport. We have to climb out really fast because million dollar homes added 60 years after airport was built!
Trauma is offline  
Old May 28th 2015, 01:08 PM   #8
Banned
 
White13Pani's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: New Jersey Shore

Posts: 1,714
Thanks: 496

Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
Have that same issue at an airport. We have to climb out really fast because million dollar homes added 60 years after airport was built!

Good ole AMERICA. And these asshole cry that THEY are the victims.

Hmm buy home near jets with buying engine. Hmmmm. Me no thanks!
White13Pani is offline  
Old May 28th 2015, 01:26 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
80shilling's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 946
Thanks: 789

Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
90db!? That's insane--what are people doing to meet the below 90db requirement? Is that just for track days or for races too?
Just for trackdays. Laguna has a few "unlimited" days, but the cost is exorbitant and it's just for top level series like MotoGP, WSBK and Indy Car etc, not for us peasants...
80shilling is offline  
Old May 28th 2015, 05:28 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
double0's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,203
Thanks: 1303

I Ride: 2013 Panigale White, 2007 CBR600RR, 2017 MV Agusta Dragster RC #108
Motogp is not part of Laguna anymore.
double0 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
akra, scilencer



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
14R with full akra or 15R ygfamily21 Ducati 1299 32 May 21st 2015 06:48 PM
Termignoni or Akra? elitesoldier357 Ducati 1199 46 Sep 19th 2014 04:48 AM
Akra gnance Ducati 1199 3 Apr 30th 2013 07:03 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed