Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree80Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 10th 2015, 02:59 AM   #21
SPJ

Wayne, thanks for the reply. I don't doubt the amount of work & knowledge that you put into the product, I think most of us are massively impressed by what you're able to accomplish. The travesty is that when you have worked your arse off on updates or giving us more functionality, 90% of us won't know it's available.
Thanks from Phl

Old Jul 10th 2015, 04:10 AM   #22

I Ride: 1040RS, 1199R
Wayne,

Are 2015 1299/Pani R keys available? didn't see on you website. I imagine it's the same key as 1199. I'm esp interested in what's available for the 15 R. Love the TB in my 13 R!!!!!!

Last edited by AKKutz; Jul 10th 2015 at 04:13 AM.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 05:03 AM   #23
Phl

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, FZR400, GROM
Hi Wayne,

thanks for the detailed reply. I understand that bringing up time for customer support vs. DOING things is a hard trade off.

I read the manual when it came to the install. Checked my emails for the code. None in there - was a friday night IIRC. ... No biggie. Rode the weekend stock.

As for the manual: In my job i am confronted with various technical problems and have to read up a lot for solution paths. tha last thing i want to do when i do things in my spare time is to read more (except books for entertainment)...

Your manual is really good, but maybe too detailed for the average user.

I understand that you time is valuable, don't know how your business is set up or how many people are involved. maybe you want to consider placing a new resource for the customer service part instead of wasting your valuable time on it.
i have the same issue at work or with the exhaust stuff. the day only has so many hours...

i never installed the headers with the WB sensor prongs, at that point it was just not important to me any more. (no judgement here) i picked up racing, so i barely rode the 1199 that year or had any time to wrench on it.

i tried the autotune once with my laptop in the backpack, but that was still with the NB sensors. of course the bike ran like a bag of nuts.

the controller from you with shipping was of course more than the one from ebay here in the US with free shipping. my fault.

son't get me wrong, i don't want to smartass you here. i (and most others on here) would love to have a simple solution with all the features you provide. i know form working with highly intelligent people (like you i assume) that breaking things down to "human levels" is sometimes a challenge. for you it's hard to understand where the struggles come from and as you described, going through 100 emails to find the one you find noteworthy - that's it. find a monkey to do that for you... ( a nice, good looking one maybe)

the stuff you have up your sleeve? AWESOME!!! bring it out! but also market, maintain and sell it properly.

like the app - asking who wants these in a thread? fuck yeah i want it. that thing should pop out first on your website. data logger? of course!!!! launch control? you make me go spend my nights on the dragstrip again!!!

thanks again for the detailed reply, happy to see you back again here.
we will make sure to limit the trolls

if you want, i can have a look at the tutorials and see what could be compressed. i have written tutorials, technical handbooks (BMW R1200RT in 2005) "Technik im Detail" ...

cheers!
Thanks from Sergio1199Panigale
Old Jul 10th 2015, 06:12 AM   #24

Wayne, It would be fantastic to get launch control for the 1199!!! I could use it right now!
Old Jul 11th 2015, 01:35 AM   #25

I am going to swap bikes with my friend, he has a Pani 1199S with slip-on.
I will try to get the launch control working on his bike.

I just sent Phl the iPhone stuff. If he uses the iPhone to reflash his ECU he will have the throttle map switching.
It would be good if he can give some feedback on the alternate throttle tables for the 1199.
Old Jul 11th 2015, 03:12 AM   #26
Phl

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, FZR400, GROM
I will finish the install of the 1299 system on my bike with the cored cans today and plan on going for a ride tomorrow. That system doesn't have WB sensors though (no adapters).
IF I get my other stuff done (transmission fluid filter shift body change, brakes all around on the car)...
Thanks from Sergio1199Panigale
Old Jul 11th 2015, 01:04 PM   #27

I Ride: 2014 1199 "Sofia"
What about some Android love?? 😩
Old Jul 13th 2015, 07:16 PM   #28

Hi Wayne,

> The second alternate provides a more aggressive power delivery, this throttle map stops the torque from falling off as RPM increases

Did you mean as throttle position increases? Or does ducati restrict torque at specific rpm somehow (eg fueling)?

> The alternate throttle mappings are only used in the high power mode, the low power and wet modes are unchanged

Did you mean medium and low engine modes? The alternative settings are presumably global across Race, Sports, and Wet settings when in high engine power mode? or can it be set for each? Eg alternative 1 for high engine mode in Race and alternative 2 for high engine mode in Sports?

Thanks
Old Jul 13th 2015, 09:13 PM   #29

I have a race weekend 6-7th of August. Testing the weekend before. Let me know when it is ready to rock so I can get used to using it! Also interested in how it actually works... Meaning how to use it.

Originally Posted by wmcdonal View Post
I am going to swap bikes with my friend, he has a Pani 1199S with slip-on.
I will try to get the launch control working on his bike.

I just sent Phl the iPhone stuff. If he uses the iPhone to reflash his ECU he will have the throttle map switching.
It would be good if he can give some feedback on the alternate throttle tables for the 1199.
Old Jul 13th 2015, 10:14 PM   #30

Originally Posted by odie View Post
Hi Wayne,

> The second alternate provides a more aggressive power delivery, this throttle map stops the torque from falling off as RPM increases

Did you mean as throttle position increases? Or does ducati restrict torque at specific rpm somehow (eg fueling)?

> The alternate throttle mappings are only used in the high power mode, the low power and wet modes are unchanged

Did you mean medium and low engine modes? The alternative settings are presumably global across Race, Sports, and Wet settings when in high engine power mode? or can it be set for each? Eg alternative 1 for high engine mode in Race and alternative 2 for high engine mode in Sports?

Thanks
I can assist here I believe based upon my discussions with my tuner who I understand assists in the development of the unique throttle/torque maps.

Re the first question, you will observe that the factory tune rises unevenly and at some point falls away before increasing again to its peak and then it falls away again - as I understand it, the idea of remapping a custom torque curve is so that as the revs increase, the torque continues to rise with no dips until it reaches its peak torque level - this in turn makes the bike much smoother to ride.

Re the second question, in Sports and Race, you can select Hi Power or Low Power (which affects throttle response rather than peak power). What Wayne is saying is that his custom throttle/torque mapping will only effect those riding modes that have the Hi Power setting selected. So even if you have Race or Sports mode selected, if you have Lo Power optioned within those modes, you will not be able to utilise his custom settings. Alternatively, if you have Hi Power selected in each of Race, Sport and Wet, you will have the custom throttle settings in each mode.

hope that helps (and I hope it is right too haha)
Thanks from odie

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299, feature, map, panigale, tuneboy

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.