Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree14Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 26th 2016, 09:52 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: USA

Posts: 1,089
Thanks: 1058

Its never going to be perfect. For most, better. It would be great if the bike just shipped with a decent "un locked" ECU out of the box but that didn't happen. The entire electronic system on these bikes do ensure one thing, your going to need to go to the dealer to fix anything and the ambiguity of their fault code system is dog poop. The dash should just have one warning light. "broken, go directly to your dealer with your wallet out". They actually ding guys to reset oil change lights.
Thanks from zexz1000
endodoc is offline  
 
Old Sep 27th 2016, 02:58 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
The Avidmoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: Central Jersey

Posts: 620
Thanks: 283

I Ride: Anything with 2 wheels!
I was told that the RB begins tuning after 4000 rpm.
The Avidmoto is online now  
Old Sep 27th 2016, 03:04 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
The Avidmoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: Central Jersey

Posts: 620
Thanks: 283

I Ride: Anything with 2 wheels!
Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
Its never going to be perfect. For most, better. It would be great if the bike just shipped with a decent "un locked" ECU out of the box but that didn't happen. The entire electronic system on these bikes do ensure one thing, your going to need to go to the dealer to fix anything and the ambiguity of their fault code system is dog poop. The dash should just have one warning light. "broken, go directly to your dealer with your wallet out". They actually ding guys to reset oil change lights.
I loved Aprilia's RSVR "cut an ecu wire" and the race map was enabled! That was cheap and easy!
Thanks from Phl
The Avidmoto is online now  
Old Sep 27th 2016, 03:37 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2014
From: Oslo, Norway

Posts: 131
Thanks: 66

I Ride: 2012 1199 Pani S
Originally Posted by The Avidmoto View Post
I was told that the RB begins tuning after 4000 rpm.
you can control that in the unit if you connect to the RB unit and use the Rapidbike software - you can then alter where it starts tuning from, how much ricker/leaner it is allowed to adjust - you can create a new base map off the adjustments etc etc.

Yaman did a pretty good writeup of the software here:

RapidBike Master Pro Software Info!
Thanks from Slowdive2
mordor is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2016, 04:05 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
The Avidmoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: Central Jersey

Posts: 620
Thanks: 283

I Ride: Anything with 2 wheels!
Originally Posted by mordor View Post
you can control that in the unit if you connect to the RB unit and use the Rapidbike software - you can then alter where it starts tuning from, how much ricker/leaner it is allowed to adjust - you can create a new base map off the adjustments etc etc.

Yaman did a pretty good writeup of the software here:

RapidBike Master Pro Software Info!
Thanks! Reading it now!
The Avidmoto is online now  
Old Sep 27th 2016, 09:26 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Slowdive2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Boston

Posts: 195
Thanks: 76

Originally Posted by mordor View Post
Yaman did a pretty good writeup of the software here:

RapidBike Master Pro Software Info!
Originally Posted by The Avidmoto View Post
I was told that the RB begins tuning after 4000 rpm.
Ahh...thanks.

Based on this post it looks like nothing gets adjusted below 3500 RPM.

RapidBike Master Pro Software Info!

So far the fueling is great up past 4k, but there is a chop right around 3k rpm (sometimes if I roll off slowly) that looks like I may have to live with. Id love to get it down to 2500, but I'm not gonna screw with it.

Update: Went for a ride tonight, getting better everytime.

Finally hooked up the s/w to see what's going on. Looks like it's making fuel mods all the way down to 2100 RPM, but no ignition mods below 3000 RPM.


Last edited by Slowdive2; Sep 27th 2016 at 02:29 PM.
Slowdive2 is online now  
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 11:49 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Norfolk. UK

Posts: 928
Thanks: 430

I Ride: 1299S
Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
They actually make the "correct" tool. Its for circular connectors (Amphenol,Bendix etc)
Have you got a link for these Endodoc?
topolino is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 01:13 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: USA

Posts: 1,089
Thanks: 1058

eBay. Cannon Soft Jaw Pliers. Quick and easy. Stanley,Proto, Jensen whichever
endodoc is offline  
Old Aug 26th 2017, 07:06 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2017
From: United States

Posts: 11
Thanks: 1

Craftsman Robogrips
jackgraves is offline  
Old Aug 28th 2017, 10:13 AM   #20
Junior Member
 
Scheffy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2017
From: PNW, USA

Posts: 15
Thanks: 12

I Ride: 2015 1299S, 2016 Ural Gear-Up, 2001 XR650R, 1973 Norton Commando
If you have pliers that'll work and you're just worried about marring or gouging, just shrink some heat shrink tubing around the jaws. Instant soft jaws. Cheap, quick, doesn't slip off, holds up surprisingly well, and just cut it off when you're done. Double up as necessary if you really need to put some ass into it.

Thanks from Phl and able duc

Last edited by Scheffy; Aug 28th 2017 at 10:21 AM.
Scheffy is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
bike, install, rapid



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: Rapid Bike Evo wanderlust Classifieds 0 Jul 26th 2016 02:35 PM
Rapid Bike Group Buy! jarelj Ducati Omaha 2 Jul 8th 2016 07:44 AM
Rapid Bike in SA Scubainstructor Ducati 1299 4 Jan 27th 2016 05:43 AM
CEL light after Rapid Bike install cosmok Mechanical and Technical 1 Jul 26th 2015 05:54 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed