Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree270Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 21st 2017, 05:31 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 4,953
Thanks: 1804

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
Originally Posted by Ljuice26 View Post
I'd buy that.
me too all in for that
mark419ny is offline  
 
Old Mar 21st 2017, 07:14 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Twistedracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Spanaway, Wa

Posts: 1,744
Thanks: 937

I Ride: 15R 16R
Originally Posted by Mutt1979 View Post
The tail looks like the KTM RC8.
Twistedracer is offline  
Old Mar 21st 2017, 04:21 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
royal's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
From: London, UK

Posts: 417
Thanks: 303

I Ride: 2016 1199R Pani, R6 racer, 2014 1199S Pani, 2016 BMW S1000RR, KTM 250exc, GasGas 250txt, skateboard
Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
and yes the s1000rr is Superior to the ducati in every single way. thats not fanboy stuff thats just facts.
Strong shout to make on a Ducati site. The BMW is certainly faster than the older generation Panigale but the 1299 match it for speed and have a shed load more low down torque. All generations of Panigale makes the BMW feel like a big heavy whale in quick direction changes. You might not notice it so much on the road but it makes a big difference on track. The brakes and front end feel are way better on the Panigale. Kind of obvious when you consider it's 10 or 15kg lighter than the Bimmer. I keep the S1000RR for my road bike because its an epic machine, very practical and silly fast but it also can be a little bit boring and feels like a last generation bike. I often think about trading it in for a 1299S but it always changes my mind when I go out on it as it is amazing, but saying it's superior in every way to a Panigale is just not true.
Thanks from youngR and Johnnyflies

Last edited by royal; Mar 31st 2017 at 07:26 AM.
royal is offline  
Old Mar 21st 2017, 05:16 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: USA

Posts: 1,089
Thanks: 1056

Something else that was superior in every way was that 08 Laguna Seca GP.
endodoc is offline  
Old Mar 21st 2017, 07:33 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Mutt1979's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: East England, UK

Posts: 958
Thanks: 564

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R
Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
and yes the s1000rr is Superior to the ducati in every single way. thats not fanboy stuff thats just facts.
Yaaaaawn.......

Well if you could direct me to any decent racing championship where these far superior machines are proving that to be correct then that would be great........
Thanks from MotoX183 and absessive
Mutt1979 is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 08:15 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 4,953
Thanks: 1804

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
Originally Posted by royal View Post
Strong shout to make on a Ducati site. The BMW is certainly faster than the older generation Panigale but the 1299 match it for speed and have a shed load more low down torque. All generations of Panigale makes the BMW feel like a big heavy whale in quick direction changes. You might not notice it so much on the road but it makes a big difference on track. The brakes and front end feel are way better on the Panigale. Kind of obvious when you consider it's 10 or 15kg higher than the Bimmer. I keep the S1000RR for my road bike because its an epic machine, very practical and silly fast but it also can be a little bit boring and feels like a last generation bike. I often think about trading it in for a 1299S but it always changes my mind when I go out on it as it is amazing, but saying it's superior in every way to a Panigale is just not true.
totally true without question. best engine ever made in a motorcycle and you need to put the r up against it which is 34k vs 18k for the bmw. far superior.
mark419ny is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 08:18 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 4,953
Thanks: 1804

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
Originally Posted by Mutt1979 View Post
Yaaaaawn.......

Well if you could direct me to any decent racing championship where these far superior machines are proving that to be correct then that would be great........
mutt dont be such a mutt. do the race bikes matter?


every time ducati does well in something its great. when they dont racing, shootouts, reviews ahhh means nothing.
i guess by your logic zx10r is the far superior bike 4-0 this and the last 2 championships.

bmw doesnt enter the big name racing championships. so your point is mutt i mean moot.

finally the R being 34k is a joke in itself
mark419ny is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 11:38 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Mutt1979's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: East England, UK

Posts: 958
Thanks: 564

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R
Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
mutt dont be such a mutt. do the race bikes matter?


every time ducati does well in something its great. when they dont racing, shootouts, reviews ahhh means nothing.
i guess by your logic zx10r is the far superior bike 4-0 this and the last 2 championships.

bmw doesnt enter the big name racing championships. so your point is mutt i mean moot.

finally the R being 34k is a joke in itself
I'm just messing, but your point about the numbers and far superior are irrelevant otherwise BMW would be racing. They don't because they can't.

Besides, if I was buying the bike based on numbers then yeah, the BMW. But I live in the real world.

I enjoy the aesthetics and the sound as well. I can appreciate these more as my level of skill is not going to care about 0.5 of a second nor is it going to see it!!

Go ride a well set up R then come tell me about the unjustifiable price tag ....
Thanks from ScrapperX
Mutt1979 is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 11:41 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Baltimore

Posts: 319
Thanks: 99

Originally Posted by youngR View Post
I am thinking bikes like 1299SL and 1199SL will be a big collector's item in the future if Ducati continues with V4.
People said the same thing about the desmosedici rr. Have you seen what they're worth? Wish in one hand shit in the other see which one fills up first.
Thanks from cmh210
MdDuc is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 11:45 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 4,953
Thanks: 1804

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
What a desmo is worth? Yea I can sell u one with 400 miles guy wants 55k for it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mark419ny is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
2018, ducati, motor, real



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rossi extends to 2018 with Yamaha youngR Racing 4 Mar 20th 2016 09:45 AM
Ducati 1199S Starter motor and stalling problem tomo24851745 Mechanical and Technical 16 Jul 8th 2013 08:26 PM
Ducati Motor Heads I need your help Supernova1199 Mechanical and Technical 32 May 12th 2013 07:27 PM
Looking for Ducati 1199 Panigale motor/engine - preferably in the UK desmoyates Ducati 1199 8 Jan 9th 2013 07:51 AM
Ducati Superquadro Motor in 3D Pictures and Video duc Ducati 1199 0 Jan 6th 2012 02:05 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed