Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree740Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17th 2017, 08:58 AM   #81

I Ride: MY17 Panigale 1299s
Originally Posted by Zelnik View Post
Dont try the 15 r tank decal replica (part aluminium tank look) from Vulturbikes if your not used to work with decals on a more advanced level. Had to throw it in the bin..

Level 9000 !
The secrets of the wrap guys... and the manufacturers, water! Spray on tank and on the sticky side then work your way to align it. Then wipe with the card thing (If someone screw up the sticker its not my responsability, I took it to the pro's)

Old May 17th 2017, 08:59 AM   #82

I Ride: MY17 Panigale 1299s
Originally Posted by MrBIgBiker View Post
Level 9000 !
The secrets of the wrap guys... and the manufacturers, water! Spray on tank and on the sticky side then work your way to align it. Then wipe with the card thing (If someone screw up the sticker its not my responsability, I took it to the pro's)
Ps dont know if its holy water or something else, didnt check.
They apply it only on the tank
Old May 17th 2017, 06:59 PM   #83

I Ride: Anniversario l Hypermotard 939 SP
The most inconspicuous place I could find to mount a Sena remote and still have access to all the buttons with my left hand. I can still keep a palm touching the grip. We'll see if I like it or not once I ride it. Looks like shit if you look up in there but everywhere else is even worse.

Thanks from youngR, Twistedracer and JL07

Last edited by RetardedTiming; May 18th 2017 at 06:50 AM.
Old May 18th 2017, 12:13 AM   #84

I Ride: 1199S Tri
Originally Posted by youngR View Post
I took the engine covers off other day and added safety wires on hand grips. Will post picture later.
How much of a headache is it to pull the covers? Every time I look at mine (a lot) I think about deleting them. Requires loosening/jockeying the rear sub around, yeah?

Is there any write up on pulling them that anyone is aware of?
Old May 18th 2017, 01:10 AM   #85

Check with Young R. - something tells me he just recently removed his and can possibly shed some light on the idea for ya.
Personally, my 1199 Tri came without them to begin with, and when everyone under the sun complained about the heat (IMHO the former series with pipes under tail section, were twice as bad!) So when they offered all riders to take their bike I'm for the install mod - I ducked out of that one!

Additionally - Hey Retarded Timing. I'm digging the remote location and would like to hear more about this man. Does that actually take the place of what goes on the side of helmet or something? If you're up for it, please PM me your reasons for putting that there and how it benefits you more than helmet mount (Trust me, I had no clue wtf I was doing when wanting to do ANYTHING w it on helmet regardless of reading manual - so good on ya brother!
Thanks from youngR and RetardedTiming
Old May 18th 2017, 01:46 AM   #86

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
Originally Posted by Twistedracer View Post
Brad let us know what you think of the Moto Corse fuel cap after you install it. Thanks.
Rodger. Will do mate. May be a while though as I am waiting on some other bits and going to take some time off and put everything on at once.

I am going to weigh the bike as it is now and then an "after mods " weigh to see how it goes.

But will mention it for sure.

Also waiting on a bike lift to come before start the week of work.

PS Great idea about the Sena thing.
Old May 18th 2017, 07:01 AM   #87

Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post
Additionally - Hey Retarded Timing. I'm digging the remote location and would like to hear more about this man. Does that actually take the place of what goes on the side of helmet or something? If you're up for it, please PM me your reasons for putting that there and how it benefits you more than helmet mount (Trust me, I had no clue wtf I was doing when wanting to do ANYTHING w it on helmet regardless of reading manual - so good on ya brother!
Originally Posted by bradp51 View Post
PS Great idea about the Sena thing.
Thanks dudes. I'll update when I've had a chance to ride it.

Gunny it is used in conjunction with the main intercom unit on the side of the helmet, in my case a 10R. I wanted something that I could control coms with that kept my hand in close proximity to the other left side bike controls. This is a wrist mounted remote but I removed the strap and mounted it here. I didn't feel comfortable strapping it to my right arm, reaching over and fiddling with it at some point when that arm may be controlling the bike. Hahaha yeah there are an overwhelming amount of button actions to memorize.

Sorry for the stupid large pics, they look normal on the Tapatalk app when I posted them. Now that I'm on my computer at work I'm like WTF!
Thanks from Gunny Fitz and GunMoto

Last edited by RetardedTiming; May 18th 2017 at 07:03 AM.
Old May 18th 2017, 07:54 AM   #88

I Ride: 16 1199R
Nice carbon reservoir brackets bro

[QUOTE=RetardedTiming;280956]The most inconspicuous place I could find to mount a Sena remote and still have access to all the buttons with my left hand. I can still keep a palm touching the grip. We'll see if I like it or not once I ride it. Looks like shit if you look up in there but everywhere else is even worse.

Old May 18th 2017, 07:56 AM   #89

Originally Posted by Mick1976 View Post
Nice carbon reservoir brackets bro
the nicest quality brackets EVAR!
Old May 18th 2017, 08:27 AM   #90

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Originally Posted by tyguidry View Post
How much of a headache is it to pull the covers? Every time I look at mine (a lot) I think about deleting them. Requires loosening/jockeying the rear sub around, yeah?

Is there any write up on pulling them that anyone is aware of?
There is a write up somewhere in this forum. If you search, I think you can find it.

It is a pain.

- Remove fuel tank (take out 2 bolts up front, unbolt seat and take 4 bolts to left the tank. Unconnect fuel quick release and 2 hose on the right side connected to tank / easy to see when you lift the tank)
- remove or loosen subframe
- unbolt x 2 bracket that is attached to cover on top case engine.
- re route the left side wire along the subframe.
- put everything back together.

Again, there is a good how to with photos in the archive somewhere.

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
panigale, today