Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree58Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 13th 2017, 07:22 AM   #71
Junior Member
 
amaz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2017
From: Stamford CT

Posts: 28
Thanks: 3

I Ride: 2017 Monster 1200s, 2016 RSV4RF, 2015 Panigale 1299S, 2017 R1200GS, 2016 R1M, 2017 FZ10, 1948 Indian
It is another way to make money....a sw upgrade create the idea that the motorcycle is up to date as the last my, and ducati ' owners in general tend to invest on aftermarket accessories, add the word EVO and the magic is done.
All sw based performances can be improved over the time, but I would focus on our performances as drivers or pilots......
BTW from analysts website:
The analysts forecast global motorcycle oxygen sensor market to grow at a CAGR of 14.01% during the period 2017-2021. Progressive growth of technology has driven OEMs to equip two-wheelers with high-performance engines with sophisticated controls, sensors, and electronic control units (ECUs) for optimizing performance.
Modern two-wheelers are equipped with sensors that relay information regarding the output to the ECU. The ECU acts like the brain of the system and optimizes performance accordingly.
And
The analysts forecast the global motorcycle slip-on exhaust system market to grow at a CAGR of 17.77% during the period 2017-2021.
amaz is offline  
 
Old Jun 16th 2017, 01:26 AM   #72
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Gdynia

Posts: 194
Thanks: 38

Does anyone have Ducati Traction & Wheelie Control Evo installed and can share his opinion? It costs 500$ in Poland so it would be worth to know if regular rider will feel any difference.
maska321 is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2017, 12:14 PM   #73
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Gdynia

Posts: 194
Thanks: 38

Was just informed by my local delaer that the EVO software upgrade is available now.
Still wondering if there will be any noticeable difference during street riding.
maska321 is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2017, 12:22 PM   #74
Senior Member
 
Twistedracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Spanaway, Wa

Posts: 1,775
Thanks: 949

I Ride: 15R 16R
Originally Posted by maska321 View Post
Was just informed by my local delaer that the EVO software upgrade is available now.
Still wondering if there will be any noticeable difference during street riding.
You won't notice anything on the street. It is a track upgrade.
Twistedracer is offline  
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 03:47 AM   #75
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Gdynia

Posts: 194
Thanks: 38

Originally Posted by Twistedracer View Post
You won't notice anything on the street. It is a track upgrade.
Below part of software description:
" It interfaces with the Bosch Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and measures the lean angle of the motorcycle at any time, using it to assess more accurately the action required and ensuring the perfect slipping of the rear tyre (according to the DTC EVO level enabled). Furthermore, the DTC EVO activates throttle body valves, in addition to the management of the ignition and injection advance. In all situations in which the quick action of the DTC EVO is not required, the use of throttle body valves allows keeping the best combustion parameters, resulting in a response of the engine and a smoother action.

I belive it has to have some influence on street riding...
maska321 is offline  
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 05:55 AM   #76
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: Detroit

Posts: 147
Thanks: 30

I Ride: 2016 Ducati Panigale 1299 S
Originally Posted by maska321 View Post
Below part of software description:

" It interfaces with the Bosch Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and measures the lean angle of the motorcycle at any time, using it to assess more accurately the action required and ensuring the perfect slipping of the rear tyre (according to the DTC EVO level enabled). Furthermore, the DTC EVO activates throttle body valves, in addition to the management of the ignition and injection advance. In all situations in which the quick action of the DTC EVO is not required, the use of throttle body valves allows keeping the best combustion parameters, resulting in a response of the engine and a smoother action.



I belive it has to have some influence on street riding...


Yes,

Without the EVO it only measures slip by the rear wheel compared to the front. EVO uses the IMU to help determine the amount of slip.

As I said in another post, if you are spinning up the rear on the street, you have either crashed or you a bad mutha fucka!
AmpForE is offline  
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 06:07 AM   #77
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Gdynia

Posts: 194
Thanks: 38

Clear enough now.
Taking into consideration my few track days per year it is not worth to spend another 500$ for upgrade that will not enhance regular street riding.
maska321 is offline  
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 09:45 AM   #78
Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Minnesota

Posts: 31
Thanks: 12

I Ride: 2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale
Will the update effect tuneboy or visa versa
Sirpudgealot is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2017, 12:30 AM   #79
Senior Member
 
TurboLag's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Norway

Posts: 563
Thanks: 216

I Ride: 2015 1299 Panigale
I got the upgrade 2 days ago, did a trackday yesterday.
For street riding, you can feel a slight difference. On the track, it's a new bike!
I mostly used DTC level 2 to test the slide control. All I can say is it's really fun and it works, but I don't have the skill set to properly exploit it for lap times. Set DTC 3 for the last stint, and compared to the standard DTC it pulls HARD out of the corners. I can now consistently accelerate the bike to borderline headshake out of every corner (wrong fork springs wound too hard, too little sag).

It does not interfere with Tuneboy. Recommended upgrade!
Thanks from youngR, Nathanhu, MotoX183 and 3 others
TurboLag is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2017, 04:00 AM   #80
Member
 
Joined: Mar 2014
From: Germany

Posts: 66
Thanks: 27

Originally Posted by TurboLag View Post
I got the upgrade 2 days ago, did a trackday yesterday.
For street riding, you can feel a slight difference. On the track, it's a new bike!
I mostly used DTC level 2 to test the slide control. All I can say is it's really fun and it works, but I don't have the skill set to properly exploit it for lap times. Set DTC 3 for the last stint, and compared to the standard DTC it pulls HARD out of the corners. I can now consistently accelerate the bike to borderline headshake out of every corner (wrong fork springs wound too hard, too little sag).

It does not interfere with Tuneboy. Recommended upgrade!
thanks for the feeback TurboLag, looks like a trip to the dealer is on the cards then.
Nathanhu is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
ducati, performance, upgrade



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ducati 1299 Base Rear Shock Upgrade cyiu Ducati 1299 14 Feb 23rd 2016 02:05 PM
Upgrade suspension on 899 or upgrade to 1299 WayOfLife Ducati 899 33 Oct 28th 2015 03:34 AM
Ducati 1299 Panigale Ducati Performance Upgrade Pictures duc Ducati 1299 14 Feb 2nd 2015 02:35 PM
Ducati Hypermotard/Hyperstrada Mod/Upgrade Thread b9009b Ducati Hypermotard 10 Nov 2nd 2014 02:30 PM
For Sale: Ducati Performance Tail Tidy w/ Ducati Euro LED Indicators JeffD Classifieds 0 Jul 31st 2014 06:10 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed