Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 19th 2017, 01:46 PM   #1
djm

Quick Throttle Spacer Question

I just fitted the throttle spacer kit from Ducati Omaha and was just wondering if my expectations are correct.

I already had the Panigale Spacers.com kit fitted but was concerned that the plastic went white as I pushed it on (it does this on every online video I could find too). I was worried the plastic was stressed and might fail at some point so replaced it with the Ducati Omaha kit today which is supposed to be better quality - it looks thicker and did not go white when pushed on so it probably is.

Anyway, I have a tiny amount of free play as I turn the throttle. Nothing to complain about but it's definitely there. I feel the panigale spacers kit had zero play despite it looking thinner. Not sure why that would be.

The other thing I am unsure of is...I have quite a bit of play / looseness laterally along the length of the tube (wobbles from switchgear to bar end). Is this normal with a kit fitted?

I am probably mis-remembering but I felt the panigale spacers kit was rock solid in every direction. Everything is replaced properly and seated where it should be unless I have missed something.

Thanks in advance

David

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
question, quick, spacer, throttle