Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree31Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 02:28 PM   #1

Rossi vs Lorenzo 1st year on the Duc as 7/3

Well here are the numbers at the halfway point. How much are they paying this guy? And they are paying Stoner to help? And they have the GiGi mojo?

2011 Rossi 7,5,5,3,5,6,4,6,9
2017 JLo 11,DNF,9,3,6,8,4,15,11
Thanks from youngR

Old Jul 2nd 2017, 04:14 PM   #2

I Ride: 2015 1199R
He probably won't make much headway with the Ducati....unfortunately it seems so painfully obvious

But hope does in fact spring eternal !
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 08:00 PM   #3

Not really fair comparison. Rossi arrived at Ducati with his entire crew, Lorenzo arrived with one dude that I think puts on decals or some other low level shit. Will Lorenzo figure out the Duc? I don't know, time will tell but he isn't getting paid 12 million euro per year for nothing, it's because of what he HAS done. It's not like he's the first guy to flounder on the Duc, that bike is notoriously hard to tame.
Thanks from mark419ny and Speedhaus
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 08:21 PM   #4

I hate when I read stuff and can't remember where I saw it. Pretty sure it was on Motomatters. Anyhow. The discussion was centered around the fact that Jorge is screwed this year. They have pinpointed the main issue to the transition from off throttle to on. Jorge gets affected by it the most because his style relies on utter smoothness and he can't/won't change his riding style to compensate. Gigi said somewhere in an interview that they can't fix the issue this season, because the engines are sealed at the start of the year with no further development allowed. They are trying to make up for it with electronics, but apparently it's simply the nature of the beast and until they can make some mechanical changes in the off-season, there isn't anything they can do.

I'll go find the article eventually and link it if someone doesn't find it before me. It was pretty interesting.
Thanks from Phl
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 09:12 PM   #5

Don't shoot the messenger. I was just looking at some numbers. I do hope Lorenzo gets it figured out. I posted as I thought it was ironic that both their best finishes were the same and at the same tracks. Both had a 3rd in race 4 and a fourth in race 7. Thats kind of weird. Also there was a lot of chatter that Lorenzo was going to do a lot better than Rossi with Duc. Rossi didn't do any better in 2012. Surly Lorenzo will round out the adventure with better results.
Someone needs to get Kawasaki back in GP and a serious effort by Suzuki. Not enough "sorted" machinery for 23 riders.
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 10:14 PM   #6

It's kind of sad to see the world champion ridding in the middle of the table race after race.. something weird with Ducatis as so many riders have such hard time to get used with the bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 11:48 PM   #7

I Ride: 2012 1199s Tricolore 2013 Diavel Carbon Red 2016 1299 Panigale S
Originally Posted by Domino View Post
Not really fair comparison. Rossi arrived at Ducati with his entire crew, Lorenzo arrived with one dude that I think puts on decals or some other low level shit. Will Lorenzo figure out the Duc? I don't know, time will tell but he isn't getting paid 12 million euro per year for nothing, it's because of what he HAS done. It's not like he's the first guy to flounder on the Duc, that bike is notoriously hard to tame.
Maybe another way to look at it is that Rossi inherited a bike that wasn't even close to competitive. Since their glory year of 2006, the Ducati had slipped in performance to the point that Casey Stoner jumped ship to Honda..

Neither 7-time MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi, nor former Champions Casey Stoner or Nicky Hayden were able to be competitive on the bike Rossi was expected to ride...

Meanwhile, Jorge Lorenzo is riding a bike that has won two races this season, and until yesterday, was the freaking championship leader...
Thanks from vcyclenut
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 01:29 AM   #8

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
Originally Posted by Todd H View Post
Maybe another way to look at it is that Rossi inherited a bike that wasn't even close to competitive. Since their glory year of 2006, the Ducati had slipped in performance to the point that Casey Stoner jumped ship to Honda..

Neither 7-time MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi, nor former Champions Casey Stoner or Nicky Hayden were able to be competitive on the bike Rossi was expected to ride...

Meanwhile, Jorge Lorenzo is riding a bike that has won two races this season, and until yesterday, was the freaking championship leader...
so much wrong with this statement but lets fix it shall we. lets say first that rossi was never and wasn't ever going to be competitive on the bike. nor has he been competitive in the world championship since 2010.

1 stoner was the most successful rider on the ducati EVER. stoner wasn't getting worse the bike was and ducati would do nothing stoner suggested.

2 casey didn't jump ship to honda his contract was up and ducati fucked him royally in his lactose year. he won them a championship and they offered lorenzo more money AFTER they told stoner they had no more. Stoner stayed at ducati his contract was over he left for more money to honda. like rossi did when his contract was up and went to ducati because jorge was the number one rider.

3 every single thing stoner suggested to ducati has come true much like everything he has said about the michelins has come true

4 rossi was the one that said he will fix the ducati in 30 seconds with burgess remember that?

5 the bike stoner was on in velancia in 2010 was the same exact bike rossi used for a baseline test. rossi was 3 seconds off of stoners pace and rossi hung it up right then and there for 2 years

as far as lorenzo goes it has taken dovi 5 years to get 3 wins on the duc give jorge some time.
Thanks from Phl, cmh210, The Avidmoto and 1 others

Last edited by mark419ny; Jul 3rd 2017 at 05:46 AM.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 04:02 AM   #9

Jorge is waiting for something really new...
Maybe a new chassis to fix the known issues? Whatever it is, should be interesting.

MotoGP News - MotoGP Germany: Lorenzo: 'We are waiting for something really new'
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 05:05 AM   #10

I Ride: All of them
Lorenzo is the biggest waste of money ducati has ever spent it on. They could ditch his ads and have enough for 3 full time factory bikes that would all finish higher than him. He was amazing when the Yamaha and the tires were just right but he can't adapt.
Thanks from ScrapperX

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1st, 7 or 3, duc, lorenzo, rossi, year