Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree40Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 16th 2017, 02:33 PM   #51

I Ride: 1299R FE and a Pikes Peak
If I decide to leap and get one I'll be hanging onto it for awhile. Not to worried about resale value. I get that if its a constant leap to the latest and greatest then yes, its something to consider. I wasn't planning on getting rid of my R but, oh what the hell.

Whats more interesting to me is that we haven't seen a DP exhaust option for this bike yet. European customers have already taken delivery and there isn't an option? I want get this bike to have a quiet, toned down bike just because of Euro 4. At least show me the option and make something available to get ride of that silencer.

Old Jul 16th 2017, 02:45 PM   #52

I Ride: Ducati 1199 Superleggera, Ducati 1098R
Originally Posted by Kevin1199 View Post
If I decide to leap and get one I'll be hanging onto it for awhile. Not to worried about resale value. I get that if its a constant leap to the latest and greatest then yes, its something to consider. I wasn't planning on getting rid of my R but, oh what the hell.
Kevin, I don't think that the "latest and greatest" has a case here. Ducati will not make a "later and greater" V-Twin "ever" if that is indeed the plan. You can argue that it's not the SL package but there's no doubt in my mind that it's awfully close to the 1299SL for a very good price (relatively). I get liking the 1199SL more but if it's the 1299SL that gets your juices flowing, this is a spectacular alternative.
Thanks from Kevin1199, SuperDuc29 and maxnne
Old Jul 16th 2017, 03:03 PM   #53

I Ride: 1299R FE and a Pikes Peak
Originally Posted by Sherpa23 View Post
Kevin, I don't think that the "latest and greatest" has a case here. Ducati will not make a "later and greater" V-Twin "ever" if that is indeed the plan. You can argue that it's not the SL package but there's no doubt in my mind that it's awfully close to the 1299SL for a very good price (relatively). I get liking the 1199SL more but if it's the 1299SL that gets your juices flowing, this is a spectacular alternative.
Very valid points, I love the 1199SL, wish I had the means. The Panigale R is what we all know a watered down SL as we all know. I've almost got 10k miles on my R from road and some track. I figured this bike would be an awesome machine. At this point it comes down to numbers and if my dealer can make a deal I enjoy.
Old Jul 16th 2017, 03:44 PM   #54

I Ride: Ducati 1199 Superleggera, Ducati 1098R
Originally Posted by Kevin1199 View Post
Very valid points, I love the 1199SL, wish I had the means. The Panigale R is what we all know a watered down SL as we all know. I've almost got 10k miles on my R from road and some track. I figured this bike would be an awesome machine. At this point it comes down to numbers and if my dealer can make a deal I enjoy.
I completely get all of that and it makes a lot of sense.

Depending on what the V4 looks like, it's possible that I might add an FE. It's not like I need another bike and it's close enough to my SL that it's largely redundant. However, if it's my last chance to get a new Ducati superbike that's the familiar Ducati that I know and love, then I might have to do it if I can justify the numbers.
Thanks from Kevin1199

Last edited by Sherpa23; Jul 16th 2017 at 04:38 PM.

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed