Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree15Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 13th 2017, 01:14 PM   #11

I Ride: 2015 1299S, 2016 Ural Gear-Up, 2001 XR650R, 1973 Norton Commando
Not sure if it's possible with this tuner, but it would be nice if the up/down buttons on the S model were made to be... uh, not useless. I'm thinking functioning like cruise control set, resume, +/- speed like modern cars. Or at the very least unlocking it for so you can use it as-designed in all three modes instead of just Race.
Thanks from c8h10n4o2

Old Jul 15th 2017, 12:13 AM   #12

Continuous adaptive tuning mode like Rapid Bike.
Old Jul 15th 2017, 12:45 AM   #13

How are you able to get quicker shifts and is it adjustable?
Old Jul 15th 2017, 01:11 AM   #14

I Ride: 2015 1299
Originally Posted by HiSpeed48 View Post
Ability to select what temp the Radiator Fan comes on would be a big plus. I didn't see that listed.
^^^^^ this for sure
Old Jul 18th 2017, 11:23 AM   #15

Ok thanks for all the feedback guys. The autoblipper we are actually currently trying to implement but appears to be a bit more difficult than anticipated. The fan stuff seems very important so I think I would like to tackle that first with the engineers. I don't think it would ever be "adjustable" per-se but we could try to set it at a lower threshold.

Let me address some of the questions in the next post.

Chris
Thanks from Mrdcook2
Old Jul 18th 2017, 11:33 AM   #16

Originally Posted by Phl View Post
find a way to actuate the exhaust flapper valve for "homecoming mode" (quiet on the last half mile to the house at night)
This is interesting but not sure if it is built into ECU functionality, may need a mechanical override switch but definitely can look into with the engineers.

Originally Posted by SuperDuc29 View Post
How does it install? Is it best done with a dyno?
Easy read/write process, our handheld allows you to do everything from your garage. All you need is a windows based computer for the software. No dyno time is needed, we can remotely tweak the tune if you can get on a dyno and get the AFR to fully maximize the bike. All development has already been completed in house so the hard part is done. We have mapping for every level of modification and fuel.

Originally Posted by adrian7 View Post
Not sure if this is a dumb question, but would you be able to use this on more bikes than 1? Say if you have both a base and an R.
The handheld can only be used on one bike at a time, they are locked to that VIN once you start the read/write process. It can be uninstalled and unlocked for a different bike if you were to ever sell the motorcycle down the road, there would be a remapping fee but you wouldn't need to pay for the hardware (handled tuner) again which saves on cost.

Originally Posted by rrgermanlv View Post
Quickshifter that works also for downshifting (1199)
Noted.

Originally Posted by DStyleNZL View Post
Be able to adjust the engine braking

Throttle reset, service light reset, Ability to adjust the throttle curve and to add the "RACE EVO" to the dash (theres people that want this lol)

Be able to just select the ride modes (race, sport, wet) for different tunes instead of other combined sequences that other ECU flashs have.
We can adjust the engine braking either stronger or lighter depending on what you are looking to do. We can give you multiple maps (up to 3 and the stock map) which you can switch as you wish. Because of this functionality we don't think there is a real need for the race/sport/wet map switching capability. Most people will do pump gas and race gas maps but if you wanted a special request like a map with hard or soft engine braking for a specific track, we could do that.

Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
Continuous adaptive tuning mode like Rapid Bike.
Because the bike retains O2 sensors it is always trimming, this allows the bike to have greatly improved ridability over any other tuning option on the market and huge improvements over the stock ridability.

Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
How are you able to get quicker shifts and is it adjustable?
We have full access to the ECU and all parameters, there is room for improvement in the factory software. It is not adjustable on the end user side.

Chris
Thanks from Steveo, micao and Mrdcook2

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
ducati, requests, special, tuning