Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree79Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 21st 2017, 05:08 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Yonkers, New York USA

Posts: 1,468
Thanks: 446

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by VAST View Post
science projects are what make the world go round; to wit, a "science project" [no roll eyes passive aggressive emoji's here]:

2014 Ducati Superbike | eBay
...yes, yes they do (or is it gravitational forces?).....and while thats happening, some riders amongst us prefer to be riding, not scratching heads...and i for sure am one of them
RD16RR is offline  
 
Old Jul 21st 2017, 05:47 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
VAST's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Manhattan

Posts: 1,957
Thanks: 785

I Ride: 2014 Panigale R (sold)
Originally Posted by RD16RR View Post
...yes, yes they do (or is it gravitational forces?).....and while thats happening, some riders amongst us prefer to be riding, not scratching heads...and i for sure am one of them
why does it have to be mutually exclusive and an either/or proposition? seriously. many derive much pleasure from working on their bikes which in turn increases the pleasure of riding, and vice-versa.

i for one always enjoy analyzing a great custom build as much, and, in some instances, more so than a factory limited edition build such as the SL.

i am really jonsing for an 1199sl which i would not mod (so much)
VAST is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2017, 06:22 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Yonkers, New York USA

Posts: 1,468
Thanks: 446

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by VAST View Post
why does it have to be mutually exclusive and an either/or proposition? seriously. many derive much pleasure from working on their bikes which in turn increases the pleasure of riding, and vice-versa.

i for one always enjoy analyzing a great custom build as much, and, in some instances, more so than a factory limited edition build such as the SL.

i am really jonsing for an 1199sl which i would not mod (so much)
....lol...it doesn't have to be mutually exclusive.....not at all....in fact i myself get caught in the trap of a mod here and there as well...

for those that derive that pleasure, so be it....all the power to them, and may they enjoy it to the max, be it the build process, the ride, or both equally or not

its the science project guys (not the bolt on mods like i'd do) but the real deal "cake decorators/bakers" that tout being better than the factory, that i have fun responding to...to all their mechanical skills and research acumen i'd applaud them, but i draw the line when they draw a bead on factory bikes as if they are some sort of substandard "parts bike"..LOL !!

while many of their ideas may in fact make perfect sense as a garage build, a track build or a "be everything" build....thats fine.....but there are plenty of people that just want to ride and enjoy "what your mama gave you" (mama = ducati factory)
RD16RR is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2017, 06:28 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
VAST's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Manhattan

Posts: 1,957
Thanks: 785

I Ride: 2014 Panigale R (sold)
if you take a 1299 stock engine and have it rebuilt with the best parts avail, ported, blueprinted, etc. you will have a better engine than the factory 1299sl. this is a fact. it will be far less expensive and all around superior. not because the factory can't do that, but because their bottom line does not allow for it.

99.8% of riders will not be able to extract the differences either way, but that does not mean they can't appreciate the differences and feel sense of accomplishment.

not sure why you would not applaud this.


ps: i would like to design a proguard brake/clutch lever set with integrated led turn indicator and mirror in one.

Last edited by VAST; Jul 21st 2017 at 06:30 AM.
VAST is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2017, 06:29 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
maslov's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
From: Cincinnati

Posts: 364
Thanks: 111

I Ride: '12 1199S
Man... I bet it's nice to have the latest and greatest...

At the end of the day though I see people with a big ass grin coming from the track on their SV 650s... just gotta make the most of what you got!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maslov is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2017, 06:33 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Yonkers, New York USA

Posts: 1,468
Thanks: 446

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by VAST View Post
if you take a 1299 stock engine and have it rebuilt with the best parts avail, ported, blueprinted, etc. you will have a better engine than the factory 1299sl. this is a fact. it will be far less expensive and all around superior. not because the factory can't do that, but because their bottom line does not allow for it.

99.8% of riders will not be able to extract the differences either way, but that does not mean they can't appreciate the differences and feel sense of accomplishment.

not sure why you would not applaud this.
...i'm being honest.....i just couldn't care any less.....but if they enjoy it, thats good enough for me & them, that much is obvious....

engine mods, blueprinting, porting, polishing, waxing, sealing, ceramic coating, exhaust wrapping, air box fiddling (does this list ever end?) has been going on for decades, in both cars and bikes.....i say "enjoy yourself".....now, i guess i'll take my key, and ride off.......
Thanks from crazyinp
RD16RR is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2017, 06:34 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Yonkers, New York USA

Posts: 1,468
Thanks: 446

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by maslov View Post
Man... I bet it's nice to have the latest and greatest...

At the end of the day though I see people with a big ass grin coming from the track on their SV 650s... just gotta make the most of what you got!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
modded or stock...? LOL !!
RD16RR is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2017, 06:37 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
maslov's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
From: Cincinnati

Posts: 364
Thanks: 111

I Ride: '12 1199S
Originally Posted by RD16RR View Post
modded or stock...? LOL !!


I'll say all stock. None of that gsxr converted front ends...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maslov is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2017, 06:38 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Oregon

Posts: 1,038
Thanks: 655

Originally Posted by VAST View Post
science projects are what make the world go round; to wit, a "science project" [no roll eyes passive aggressive emoji's here]:

2014 Ducati Superbike | eBay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwveuIRWxBo
shakazulu12 is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2017, 06:44 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: NYC

Posts: 1,079
Thanks: 426

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 1098r Bayliss, Triumph 675R (ex AMA Bike), Beta 300 RR Race
i feel like we covered this topic when the 1199sl came out we just need to change the title to 1299sl.

the limited editions that ducati produce drive me nuts but you have to tip your hat to them for producing the most extreme production bikes in the world and slapping a warranty on it.

Sure you can get it cheaper if you source the parts yourself but a the end of the day it's a modded 1199 nothing else.
Thanks from RD16RR, CrazyDuc, TOBTEK and 1 others
reganc is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299, sale, superleggera



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Want To Buy: WTB 1299 superleggera amaz Want To Buy 1 Jun 27th 2017 04:45 AM
1299 Superleggera home page jock39racer Ducati 1299 10 Nov 27th 2016 02:17 PM
220hp Superleggera 1299 or V4? Tricolore Ducati 1299 31 Oct 23rd 2016 02:21 PM
For Sale: Ducati 1199 Superleggera For Sale 452 Miles BooCocky Classifieds 7 Oct 7th 2016 02:56 PM
1199 Superleggera Sticker kit on 1299? BRT Ducati 1299 21 Apr 30th 2015 04:59 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed