Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree37Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 28th 2017, 11:25 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
double0's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,222
Thanks: 1322

I Ride: 2013 Panigale White, 2007 CBR600RR, 2017 MV Agusta Dragster RC #108
How is this system allowed on any track out there? Panigale stock has a hard time as it is. I'd imagine this to be a nightmare.
double0 is offline  
 
Old Sep 29th 2017, 08:43 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: canada

Posts: 208
Thanks: 76

Originally Posted by Mutt1979 View Post

"gives your Panigale a deep angry Ducati sound, almost like a tiger, lion, and bear combined" and "Plus, the look it produces is a chick magnet". Who you trying to sell this to? 10 year olds?
LOL agreed the lines are a bit much especially for the Ducati market because id suspect most owners are a bit more mature. Im super juvenile though so they sold me at the tiger, lion and bear combined bahaha

Originally Posted by double0 View Post
How is this system allowed on any track out there? Panigale stock has a hard time as it is. I'd imagine this to be a nightmare.
Like you said even a stock panigale has a hard time at most tracks so whats the difference between this and any other brand exhaust being banned? If your stock panigale is barely passing theres no way ANY other brand is passing unless you put in the db killers but then that would affect the power.
panhandler is offline  
Old Sep 29th 2017, 12:56 PM   #43
Member
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: Orlando

Posts: 66
Thanks: 40

Just placed an order for the Redline undertail. We'll see how it goes.
Thanks from Phl
rpm429 is offline  
Old Sep 29th 2017, 01:01 PM   #44
Phl
Moderator
 
Phl's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: here

Posts: 6,979
Thanks: 3622

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, FZR400, GROM
Originally Posted by panhandler View Post
LOL agreed the lines are a bit much especially for the Ducati market because id suspect most owners are a bit more mature. Im super juvenile though so they sold me at the tiger, lion and bear combined bahaha



Like you said even a stock panigale has a hard time at most tracks so whats the difference between this and any other brand exhaust being banned? If your stock panigale is barely passing theres no way ANY other brand is passing unless you put in the db killers but then that would affect the power.
107 stock vs prolly 115 dB AR

Last edited by Phl; Sep 29th 2017 at 02:50 PM.
Phl is offline  
Old Sep 29th 2017, 01:16 PM   #45
Junior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Illinois

Posts: 11
Thanks: 26

This morning the team got some decibel readings, with the bike at 5000 rpm and the meter set 10 feet away at a 45 degree angle we got 107dB.
Thanks from Phl and Twistedracer
Redline Moto is offline  
Old Sep 29th 2017, 11:18 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Mutt1979's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: East England, UK

Posts: 1,042
Thanks: 600

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R
Originally Posted by Redline Moto View Post
This morning the team got some decibel readings, with the bike at 5000 rpm and the meter set 10 feet away at a 45 degree angle we got 107dB.
Thanks for the update, but 10 ft away? Where do your ex-racers and top engineers get their sound tests done? This is basics, I'm not impressed........ sorry

Last edited by Mutt1979; Sep 29th 2017 at 11:22 PM.
Mutt1979 is offline  
Old Sep 30th 2017, 01:30 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Norfolk. UK

Posts: 977
Thanks: 456

I Ride: 1299S
Originally Posted by Redline Moto View Post
This morning the team got some decibel readings, with the bike at 5000 rpm and the meter set 10 feet away at a 45 degree angle we got 107dB.
Are you able to get noise test results conducted at an official trackday? I think people basically want the reassurance of the accuracy of your reading and ideally more than one, as if the system proves too loud, its a non starter for anyone wanting to track their bike in which case DB killers become a serious design consideration. Noise measurements in the UK are usually taken at 0.5m statically, and at 20m for a ride by test. Average figures, though some tracks are more stringent range from 102-105db static & 89-92db ride-by.

DB killers need to be an option I feel, as if your system is 107db, it's going to rule it out for many. For street use it's fine, but you'd still want the option if available, depending on how much you like your neighbours and the local law enforcement like you! I run a full Akra system on the road with no DB killers and no problems thus far, but I always have the option of fitting the DB killers if I ever needed to. As an example, for more info read here:

http://www.snetterton.co.uk/media/97...te_2010_rm.pdf

Last edited by topolino; Sep 30th 2017 at 01:36 AM.
topolino is offline  
Old Sep 30th 2017, 11:23 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: canada

Posts: 208
Thanks: 76

Originally Posted by Phl View Post
107 stock vs prolly 115 dB AR
LOL at the prolly, i use that all the time in my texts and my buddies thought i didnt know how to spell probably.

I know the AR is lethally loud but my comment was more to say that any aftermarket exhaust would be banned if the track had a strict noise limit and not just the AR. I felt doubleo' s post wasnt really fair to AR because im pretty sure all the AM exhaust brands would fail without a db killer but then you're losing hp.

I know theres major animosity towards AR but when posts arent exactly true or fair ill put my 2 cents in
Thanks from Phl
panhandler is offline  
Old Sep 30th 2017, 11:59 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
highside49's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Jacksonville

Posts: 128
Thanks: 70

I Ride: 2015 Ducati 1299S; 2016 Ducati Monster 1200R
What is the HP? What is the torque? Thanks.
highside49 is offline  
Old Sep 30th 2017, 10:34 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Mutt1979's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: East England, UK

Posts: 1,042
Thanks: 600

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R
Originally Posted by topolino View Post
Are you able to get noise test results conducted at an official trackday? I think people basically want the reassurance of the accuracy of your reading and ideally more than one, as if the system proves too loud, its a non starter for anyone wanting to track their bike in which case DB killers become a serious design consideration. Noise measurements in the UK are usually taken at 0.5m statically, and at 20m for a ride by test. Average figures, though some tracks are more stringent range from 102-105db static & 89-92db ride-by.

DB killers need to be an option I feel, as if your system is 107db, it's going to rule it out for many. For street use it's fine, but you'd still want the option if available, depending on how much you like your neighbours and the local law enforcement like you! I run a full Akra system on the road with no DB killers and no problems thus far, but I always have the option of fitting the DB killers if I ever needed to.
Okay, maybe I've been a bit harsh. But seriously, for you to sell this you need bhp figures, DB figures and drop the juvenile marketing. It screams amature which reflects badly on what could potentially be a great product.

You should consider some sort of DB killer otherwise it's a no from a lot of people. Speculating that it's not as loud as an R6 on the gas doesn't cut it. We want facts and proof, real testing.

And if your team is as good as you make out, then you should be doing your homework on basics like noise testing methods. From my perspective at the moment, your top engineers sound like someone from university with a piece of paper and your ex- racer must be someone who has maybe done the odd trackday or two.

It does sound hard I know, but take this as constructive critisism. If you're genuine and want to make a success of this, based on the look of the product alone, you really have something here. But you need to look at the bigger picture.......... not squids!!

Last edited by Mutt1979; Sep 30th 2017 at 10:38 PM.
Mutt1979 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
austin, exhaust, racing, undertail



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SC Exhaust vs Austin Racing Exhaust SF1199S Ducati 1199 10 Aug 3rd 2017 07:53 PM
Were can i find a Austin Racing Exhaust paularys Ducati 1299 20 May 1st 2015 10:09 AM
USA Who has the best pricing for this Austin Racing full exhaust? Vicious Ducati 1199 49 Jun 3rd 2013 08:04 PM
1199 Zard Undertail Exhaust d1098man Ducati 1199 16 Dec 8th 2012 12:36 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed