Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree37Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct 1st 2017, 02:09 AM   #51

I Ride: 1299S
Originally Posted by Mutt1979 View Post
Okay, maybe I've been a bit harsh. But seriously, for you to sell this you need bhp figures, DB figures and drop the juvenile marketing. It screams amature which reflects badly on what could potentially be a great product.

You should consider some sort of DB killer otherwise it's a no from a lot of people. Speculating that it's not as loud as an R6 on the gas doesn't cut it. We want facts and proof, real testing.

And if your team is as good as you make out, then you should be doing your homework on basics like noise testing methods. From my perspective at the moment, your top engineers sound like someone from university with a piece of paper and your ex- racer must be someone who has maybe done the odd trackday or two.

It does sound hard I know, but take this as constructive critisism. If you're genuine and want to make a success of this, based on the look of the product alone, you really have something here. But you need to look at the bigger picture.......... not squids!!
I take it you meant to direct this at Redline Moto and not me Mutt? I don't represent them in any way in case anyone is wondering. I'm just trying as we all seem to be, to get them to understand they have a potentially good product but they need to address several key points first. DB killers, professional noise test readings and dyno figures, being just some of them.

Old Oct 1st 2017, 02:39 AM   #52

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R
Originally Posted by topolino View Post
I take it you meant to direct this at Redline Moto and not me Mutt? I don't represent them in any way in case anyone is wondering. I'm just trying as we all seem to be, to get them to understand they have a potentially good product but they need to address several key points first. DB killers, professional noise test readings and dyno figures, being just some of them.
Yeah sorry, I criticised and you gave them a more helpful answer! I merely repeated your comment to emphasize my point
Old Oct 1st 2017, 02:49 AM   #53

Originally Posted by Mutt1979 View Post
Yeah sorry, I criticised and you gave them a more helpful answer! I merely repeated your comment to emphasize my point
No worries! I hope they chime in soon with some responses.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 09:36 AM   #54

I Ride: Ducati 1199s
what are u planning to use for the underbelly of the bike?

PS: here is a video if the Redline exhaust at idle

Last edited by shin; Oct 2nd 2017 at 09:44 AM. Reason: add msg
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 03:00 PM   #55

To everyone concerned about the dB testing, our tests we done based off of data we received from CCS and how they test at race days. The next race event this bike will be at is during the weekend of October 21. We will have the bike tested once again there and post those official results on our site.
Thanks from GunMoto and Badabing
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 03:15 PM   #56

To those concerned about the legitimacy of our staff and team, all of our members are experienced in their fields, and we all have a passion for motorcycles. Our Racers have been involved in the sport for years and still are. We have seen the rise and fall of other products, and take those failures as examples of what we must create to satisfy what other racers desire.
Additionally we are all just trying to have a good time with the project we have started and bring a reliable product to the market. We are always open to suggestions from the community and consider all of the ideas offered to us.
Thanks from Phl, MMC and GunMoto
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 03:23 PM   #57

To those concerned about the HP and torque figures, we have been to the dyno and did several pulls, we consistently gained both HP and torque. The reason we don't have any charts up is at the fault of the shop we went to. we have been trying to work with them for the past couple of weeks to receive the charts that were intended to be emailed to us. Somehow our charts have been lost and we have yet to receive them, we will be going for another run at a different shop within the next couple of weeks.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 03:40 PM   #58

Originally Posted by Redline Moto View Post
To those concerned about the legitimacy of our staff and team, all of our members are experienced in their fields, and we all have a passion for motorcycles. Our Racers have been involved in the sport for years and still are. We have seen the rise and fall of other products, and take those failures as examples of what we must create to satisfy what other racers desire.
Additionally we are all just trying to have a good time with the project we have started and bring a reliable product to the market. We are always open to suggestions from the community and consider all of the ideas offered to us.
That said, can you also add your input to the UK forum thread as well please. Noting that the UK trackday limits are on average 92db static and 102db ride by, if your system is as you say 107db, you are going to have to supply Db killers, as for trackday riders, without them it's a non starter. Also when are you going to be able to provide dyno figures? If this is a business marketing a potentially very viable product, why is this not being prioritized? It doesn't not take that long to organize a dyno session. Or maybe two different ones to get a more balanced appraisal. I don't wish to sound harsh but the time frame between someone either here or on the UK forum posing a valid question or concern and receiving an answer, is not being addressed in what most would conceive to be a timely manner. It gives the impression that Redline Moto is being run as a secondary priority. The natural conclusion being: Is RM run as an aside to a full time job/commitment by handful of individuals or is this a full on 24/7 project/company with commited staff keen to make a name for itself? A distinction between the two would help people understand where you are coming from. Ie enthusiasts running a business in their spare time or a full time commitment sole business run with dedicated staff. Again don't take this as criticism, more a need for some insight into where you guys are at in terms of involvement with the company and along what lines it's run, as laid out above.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 03:50 PM   #59

Originally Posted by Redline Moto View Post
To those concerned about the HP and torque figures, we have been to the dyno and did several pulls, we consistently gained both HP and torque. The reason we don't have any charts up is at the fault of the shop we went to. we have been trying to work with them for the past couple of weeks to receive the charts that were intended to be emailed to us. Somehow our charts have been lost and we have yet to receive them, we will be going for another run at a different shop within the next couple of weeks.
OK paperwork I can accept you might not have or at least a screen shot of the dyno monitors but you must KNOW what the baseline figures were if you were there surely? Even if you were to quote a figure now, you've only to back it up with a chart or two once you receive them or get another dyno session organized. Again dont wish to appear rude but I am sensing a reluctance to be candid about your product. I for one really like what you have done but any reticance to be forthcoming, open and outright, sends up red flags for many people when being asked to part with almost $3000, especially as you are a new to market company and forgive me, an unkown quantity.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 03:59 PM   #60

I Ride: Ducati 1199s
As harsh as you sound I do agree with you. Yet, from what we see on the market today Redline still has my money. Akrapovic would prob cost a crap load Austin Racing well not a huge fan. SC i heard nth from them yet and I hate the look of the Terms... Am i missing anything else?

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
austin, exhaust, racing, undertail