Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree28Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 12:29 PM   #1

Should I dump it

Guys my 1299 is coming out of warranty in 4 months, it's been a interesting bike so far.
New master cylinder on the front within a week of delivery, Two quickshifter modules replaced, dash replaced as it lost pixels.

The bike has not had a hard time, and by all accounts a garage queen, so should I drop it? Total km is 4324
Problem is that comparing it to the Jap offerings for 2018 I just don't seem to be seduced
The V 4 that's on its way will it be more reliable or just more trouble?
Will it need a water pump and rebuild soon is the question? (1299)

Any one else unsure of there future with miss Pani?

Old Oct 3rd 2017, 01:07 PM   #2

I Ride: 1199 - - - - - - - - - 1190 ADVR - - - - - - - - - Sherco 300SEF-R - - - - -
Originally Posted by Captain Greg View Post
Guys my 1299 is coming out of warranty in 4 months, it's been a interesting bike so far.
New master cylinder on the front within a week of delivery, Two quickshifter modules replaced, dash replaced as it lost pixels.

The bike has not had a hard time, and by all accounts a garage queen, so should I drop it? Total km is 4324
Problem is that comparing it to the Jap offerings for 2018 I just don't seem to be seduced
The V 4 that's on its way will it be more reliable or just more trouble?
Will it need a water pump and rebuild soon is the question? (1299)

Any one else unsure of there future with miss Pani?
Dear Greg

The Ducati brand is probably not for you darling I think it needs to go up for sale straight away. I certainly wouldn't risk any problems with the V4 my crystal ball is seeing great problems and stress coming to those who don't choose a Honda for the next purchase.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 01:07 PM   #3

I Ride: 2015 1299 Panigale
Nope. There is no alternative for me. I got 200+ hp at the wheel, and 110 lb ft. No way a 1000cc can match that power band. And the looks... Needs no further comments, does it?
Thanks from Mutt1979, Desmophile and Steveo
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 10:17 PM   #4

I Ride: 1199 Panigale S (2014)
I fully agree with TurboLags comment above. Keep it unless you can afford to traded it in for a 1299 R FE.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 11:04 PM   #5

Originally Posted by able duc View Post
Dear Greg

The Ducati brand is probably not for you darling I think it needs to go up for sale straight away. I certainly wouldn't risk any problems with the V4 my crystal ball is seeing great problems and stress coming to those who don't choose a Honda for the next purchase.
Dear Greg.......

We have a brave man here, what makes you think the Ducati brand is not for me?
The 1299 is not the only Italian in my garage, sadly the Duc is ....just the most troublesome

A man asks a question and you come out the closet with terms of endearment

I was hoping to glean from you so called senior members that the problems some of us are having are isolated and that for every problem child 1299 there could be many more that have not shown any signs of problems.

And here I thought forums were a place one got good info, so you can imagine how surprised I was to read your comments, because normally my type dont appeal or attract gay men.

But thank you for your valued input
Thanks from tyguidry
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 11:10 PM   #6

I Ride: 1199 - - - - - - - - - 1190 ADVR - - - - - - - - - Sherco 300SEF-R - - - - -
Sorry Greg your right,

Your problems are isolated and I think you should keep it, you are justified to be worried with the problems you've had but just stick with it buddy and all will be well.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 11:38 PM   #7

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R
Ducati's are troublesome, but so is my wife, I can't just ditch either. Where's your resolve?

Having said that, I don't think my Panigale will ever outlast my fathers Suzuki RG 500 gamma. That thing is like LEGO. Break it down, put it back together and away it goes. The Pani seems a little less robust.

But on the face of it I think I will be keeping the Pani, as Turbo put it, you can't beat that engine. The V4 will struggle with that
Old Oct 4th 2017, 12:15 AM   #8

I Ride: 1299S
Greg, so you have had a couple of problems. So have a lot of people on here, but they don't see that as an opportunity, end of warranty looming or not, to turf the bike out. I can appreciate your reservations at keeping it, should it go wrong again but you can't base your decisions on "what-if" indefinitely. If that's the case, then sell the Pani now and replace it with something else until it's warranty runs out. Maybe the new V4 or an Aprilia RSV4R-F. I don't mean to sound harsh but as an isolated case, if you want piece of mind, this might be your best option. Some will agree some won't. Just do what you feel is right for you. Personally I would stick with it, as it sounds as if your dealer has addressed all your problems with the bike and it has barely done 4500km, but then each to their own.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 12:21 AM   #9

I Ride: 1299S
Originally Posted by TurboLag View Post
Nope. There is no alternative for me. I got 200+ hp at the wheel, and 110 lb ft. No way a 1000cc can match that power band. And the looks... Needs no further comments, does it?
That's an impressive RWBHP figure. How are you obtaining that, given the stated figure for a Panigale is 197bhp using an engine dynamometer, before drivetrain losses, which will be 10-15%?
Old Oct 4th 2017, 02:16 AM   #10

I Ride: 2015 1299 Panigale
Originally Posted by topolino View Post
That's an impressive RWBHP figure. How are you obtaining that, given the stated figure for a Panigale is 197bhp using an engine dynamometer, before drivetrain losses, which will be 10-15%?
Blueprinted engine, full akra, sprint P08, custom tune, light wheels and a 520 conversion. Dyno break in. Came out higher before the SC2 warmed up, but stabilised at 203 whp all at working temps. Old engine with exhaust and tune pulled 185 whp on the same dyno.

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
dump