Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree3Thanks
  • 1 Post By Phl
  • 1 Post By elements018
  • 1 Post By elements018
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct 12th 2017, 10:18 AM   #1
cAs
Junior Member
 
Joined: May 2017
From: South Carolina

Posts: 12
Thanks: 1

I Ride: 1299
question about Germany

Hey everyone, just a quick question...

Are the Motobox USA or NRC fender eliminators allowed in Germany or Europe in general? I'm moving to Germany in a few months and wanted to know if I need to stay to stock or get something else...

Also, If anyone has a recommendation for FE/tail tidy kits that are not illegal for that area, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
cAs is offline  
 
Old Oct 12th 2017, 10:25 AM   #2
Member
 
Joined: Mar 2014
From: Germany

Posts: 66
Thanks: 27

If I was you, I would bring the bike over as standard if you can. It will make registration easier.
I have been living here for a few years now and the ABE ( allgemeine Betriebserlaubnis) issue is getting worse.
I’ve the bike is registered then it’s a lot easier.

Did you manage to get COC paperwork from Ducati?
Nathanhu is offline  
Old Oct 12th 2017, 12:24 PM   #3
Phl
Moderator
 
Phl's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: here

Posts: 6,978
Thanks: 3621

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, FZR400, GROM
are you going to be living on base or moving there to "live in germany"?

will you have to bring your vehicles to TÜV inspections (bi-annual)?

if non-base living and yes to TÜV - stock fender for sure. cops can write you a citation for tag being up too far, wrong angle, missing reflectors, etc.

even if you are paying that ticket, you will have to show up at the police station and prove that you have rectified the issue.
Phl is offline  
Old Oct 12th 2017, 03:56 PM   #4
cAs
Junior Member
 
Joined: May 2017
From: South Carolina

Posts: 12
Thanks: 1

I Ride: 1299
Originally Posted by Nathanhu View Post
If I was you, I would bring the bike over as standard if you can. It will make registration easier.
I have been living here for a few years now and the ABE ( allgemeine Betriebserlaubnis) issue is getting worse.
I’ve the bike is registered then it’s a lot easier.

Did you manage to get COC paperwork from Ducati?
I've called Ducati twice and left messages with no luck... I will keep trying and keep everything stock. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by Phl View Post
are you going to be living on base or moving there to "live in germany"?

will you have to bring your vehicles to TÜV inspections (bi-annual)?

if non-base living and yes to TÜV - stock fender for sure. cops can write you a citation for tag being up too far, wrong angle, missing reflectors, etc.

even if you are paying that ticket, you will have to show up at the police station and prove that you have rectified the issue.
I'll be living on base... I don't know about the TÜV inspection.

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited by cAs; Oct 12th 2017 at 04:02 PM.
cAs is offline  
Old Oct 12th 2017, 05:36 PM   #5
Phl
Moderator
 
Phl's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: here

Posts: 6,978
Thanks: 3621

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, FZR400, GROM
With an American forces tag it will be easier to get away with stuff
Thanks from youngR
Phl is offline  
Old Oct 12th 2017, 11:51 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Wiesbaden, Germany

Posts: 257
Thanks: 53

I Ride: 2012 1199
Originally Posted by cAs View Post
I've called Ducati twice and left messages with no luck... I will keep trying and keep everything stock. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'll be living on base... I don't know about the TÜV inspection.

Thanks for the replies.
Registering on the Army system, you're not required to meet TÜV (German's version of DOT Certified), but you may get unlucky with an inspector who decides to fail you anyways. I'd say just try with what you have, if you fail, it would be easy to just swap to stock stuff.

Your bigger hurdle is going to be trying to pass a 95 db exhaust test.
Thanks from Phl
elements018 is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2017, 02:43 PM   #7
cAs
Junior Member
 
Joined: May 2017
From: South Carolina

Posts: 12
Thanks: 1

I Ride: 1299
Originally Posted by elements018 View Post
Registering on the Army system, you're not required to meet TÜV (German's version of DOT Certified), but you may get unlucky with an inspector who decides to fail you anyways. I'd say just try with what you have, if you fail, it would be easy to just swap to stock stuff.

Your bigger hurdle is going to be trying to pass a 95 db exhaust test.
Even with stock exhaust?!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
cAs is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2017, 02:08 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Wiesbaden, Germany

Posts: 257
Thanks: 53

I Ride: 2012 1199
Originally Posted by cAs View Post
Even with stock exhaust?!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yup, its an Army rule thing, I even came with a letter from Ducati saying the system is stock and meets EU specs, but no dice.

I ended up slapping on the Japan Spec exhaust to pass, and just put my full Termi back on after.
Thanks from Phl
elements018 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
germany, question



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from Germany :) Ducati Kati New Users 12 Jul 29th 2017 04:19 AM
Hello from Germany :D Robert89 New Users 14 Aug 29th 2016 02:09 AM
Hello from Germany panipnoulis New Users 16 Dec 21st 2014 06:27 PM
Hi from Germany 1098R New Users 4 Apr 12th 2014 10:38 AM
Hallo from Germany chris95 New Users 0 Nov 20th 2012 12:01 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed