Thanks Tree10Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17th 2016, 03:05 PM   #11

Rapidbike + Cored Exhaust from Phl.
Thanks from Phl and YTURAN

Old May 17th 2016, 05:05 PM   #12

I Ride: 1199s Panigale
Originally Posted by jarelj View Post
Yes, the Rapid Bike does not require any modifications to the stock ECU on the bike, it's a totally external system and it will auto-adapt for any exhaust you put on the bike. Pretty slick system, I've been very impressed with it.
Jarel.
Would you recommend the Evo or Race model for a 1199 thats used for street AND track use? Would be running DP slip-on kit and sprint filter.
Old May 17th 2016, 05:37 PM   #13
Site Sponsor

I Ride: x99R Panigale Track
Originally Posted by gar1moto View Post
Jarel.
Would you recommend the Evo or Race model for a 1199 thats used for street AND track use? Would be running DP slip-on kit and sprint filter.
Go for the Evo, I see no point in the Race module for anything other than a fully-prepped race bike.
Old May 28th 2016, 08:00 AM   #14

I Ride: Ducati 899
OK.. I finally had to time to call Rapid bike again..

I spoke to guy named Robert Forster 718-468-4680 , He strongly advised me not to buy Rapid Bike for a 899 unless i know a really good tuner. Ducati do not communicate well and have a 500 RPM delay which causes issues with ECU comunication .. He said I would love to sell you a kit however I am doing you any justice . I said fair Enough and thanks for your honesty.

I asked to him what should I do ? I Do not race, I will not do lots of mods however want the best performance I can have for a stock bike .... He advised call a guy David at Rexxer .

I called David spoke to him, let him know about my Mods Cored Exhaust . David said No problem his tune is pretty much 100% bang on. I had to download a info sheet he would create a MAP and I am good to go never think about it again... He is a authorized Ducati dealer .

I guess my confusion is so many people are using Rapid Bike and this guy has now told me twice not to buy it ... However David from REXXER was very informative and made me feel rexxer was the best choice.

Has anyone ever encountered this ?

Any truth to this ?
Old May 28th 2016, 08:59 AM   #15

I Ride: 1299S
Where are you getting this phone number? You should try and google search the phone number and see how credible this guy Forster is.

Try calling Yaman at Cyclepro.

There are three authorized vendors in Canada for Rapidbike

eurocorsa

echocycle

baysideperformance

Try getting in contact with one of these guys. It looks like some collusion between the Rexxer guys. Nothing against rexxer, just sounds like you're getting fed some misinformation.
Old May 28th 2016, 10:12 AM   #16

I called this place...Contact | RapidBike USA
Old May 28th 2016, 10:34 AM   #17

I Ride: 2012 1199 Pani S
Originally Posted by alvarop View Post
I called this place...Contact | RapidBike USA
Wrong place, correct importer for RB in the USA is Rapid Bike adaptive fuel injection tuning for all sport bikes. - the place u called is the old distributor, and I don't believe they are the best to talk to.
As jarelj mentioned call Yaman at rapidbike.us, he is up I date on the RB system and will provide good advice.

Have had the RB Evo on my 1199 and it worked flawlessly, so fail to see why it should be any different on the 899
Old May 31st 2016, 05:29 PM   #18

Summary ,

I spoke to Yaman and he explained the place I called was at one time a rapid Bike dealer and no longer a authorized dealer . Robert Foster filled me with a bunch of B.S and false information they are still running a rapid bike website that is out dated. Very sad needles to say a consumer like myself who has limited info how confused I was with false info.

Making a long story short I will order a rapid bike best in my research its the best safest easiest choice on the market.

Only question I have is do I buy the RACE or EVO.... I will never do major mods only exhaust its a 180.00 difference with being a Canadian its more like 300.00 to me ...

Any suggestions..
Thanks from YTURAN
Old Jun 1st 2016, 04:05 AM   #19

I Ride: Ducati Panigale S Tricolore
Originally Posted by double0 View Post
He probably accidentally got a hold of claymore and was told that pcv with autotune is a better way to go.
For the guys who have money the PCV is the way to go. I find it funny that all the RapidBike guys touted the narrow band Lamdas while RapidBike was moving to wide band on the sly, something which PCV had right from the start. You are all probably Rossi lovers too. ArseHammer to the task!
Old Jun 1st 2016, 05:50 AM   #20

I Ride: 1199
Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
For the guys who have money the PCV is the way to go. I find it funny that all the RapidBike guys touted the narrow band Lamdas while RapidBike was moving to wide band on the sly, something which PCV had right from the start. You are all probably Rossi lovers too. ArseHammer to the task!
RapidBike uses both the stock 02 sensors or the wideband. I ran the entire race season last year with the stock 02 sensors with no issues.
Thanks from Phl and YTURAN

Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 899

Tags
899, question