Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 959

Ducati 959 Ducati 959 Forum - Ducati 959 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree4Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Dec 12th 2016, 12:10 PM   #1
Member
 
Joined: Dec 2013
From: Belgium

Posts: 97
Thanks: 18

I Ride: 1199S ABS
959 special edition (only 25, only UK)

Is this to celebrate Brexit? (Euro4 exhaust no longer needed, i guess) 😀

Ducati - Ducati Performance 959 Panigale Special Edition
B1199S is offline  
 
Old Dec 12th 2016, 12:14 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Rogue's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: TX

Posts: 836
Thanks: 518

I Ride: 2015 Ducati 1299s, 2013 Triumph 675R
So it's a regular 959 that someone threw the DP catalog at? Meh.

Fucking Ducati and their "special editions".
Thanks from Prince Albert and Mutt1979
Rogue is online now  
Old Dec 12th 2016, 12:29 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Sinjin's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
From: Las Colinas (Dallas), TX

Posts: 461
Thanks: 217

Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
So it's a regular 959 that someone threw the DP catalog at? Meh.

Fucking Ducati and their "special editions".
I hear you, but let's be honest... it is essentially a 959 R version with racing exhaust, some carbon, and lower fairing decals at a 2,900 GBP premium. Should have improved the suspension, though.
Sinjin is offline  
Old Dec 12th 2016, 12:32 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Rogue's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: TX

Posts: 836
Thanks: 518

I Ride: 2015 Ducati 1299s, 2013 Triumph 675R
Originally Posted by Sinjin View Post
I hear you, but let's be honest... it is essentially a 959 R version with racing exhaust, some carbon, and lower fairing decals at a 2,900 GBP premium. Should have improved the suspension, though.
An exhaust and cosmetic carbon pieces "essentially makes it an R"? Base 1x99 owners will be thrilled to learn this.

Suspension, upgraded engine internals and an exhaust would've made it an R version. A decal kit and shock cover... not so much.
Thanks from Mutt1979
Rogue is online now  
Old Dec 12th 2016, 12:47 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Sinjin's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
From: Las Colinas (Dallas), TX

Posts: 461
Thanks: 217

Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
An exhaust and cosmetic carbon pieces "essentially makes it an R"? Base 1x99 owners will be thrilled to learn this.

Suspension, upgraded engine internals and an exhaust would've made it an R version. A decal kit and shock cover... not so much.
I didn't mean it as a comparison to the Panigale R to the 1299... only in a sense that it is kitted with the racing exhaust and has a couple of improvements over the base - in fact I alluded to improved suspension and would even add forged wheels.

If you were to go back to some of the R specs that forum members threw out as upgrades to a R version, this is as close as you can likely get without pushing someone into a base 1299 instead.
Sinjin is offline  
Old Dec 12th 2016, 06:18 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 229
Thanks: 60

So an exhuast and some DP parts....... *yawn*
DStyleNZL is offline  
Old Dec 12th 2016, 08:18 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Mutt1979's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: East England, UK

Posts: 954
Thanks: 563

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R
I like the top yoke in black.........

Ducati must have an ex Apple employee in their marketing department. It's getting laughable to the point where the laugh wears off and making me dislike the brand...........
Mutt1979 is offline  
Old Dec 14th 2016, 11:35 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 229
Thanks: 60

Originally Posted by Mutt1979 View Post
I like the top yoke in black.........

Ducati must have an ex Apple employee in their marketing department. It's getting laughable to the point where the laugh wears off and making me dislike the brand...........
Dont worry, somebody on here can build this bike better for cheaper.
DStyleNZL is offline  
Old Dec 14th 2016, 05:19 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Chaotic's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: USA

Posts: 1,357
Thanks: 1046

I Ride: '15 Panigale 1299S, '15 Triumph 675R, '14 Honda Grom, '13 Aprilia RSV4, '10 Yamaha R6, '06 Yamaha R1
Weak.

The only thing worth a damn is the exhaust. It is ridiculous when companies add a few trinkets, then jack the price up because it is a "special edition". Suzuki is bad about doing that often.

If they would have thrown some Ohlins suspension and Forged wheels on it, then they would have something special. This bike is the equivalent to the guy that takes his truck to Auto Zone and throws a bunch of cheap trinkets on it.
Chaotic is offline  
Old Dec 14th 2016, 08:03 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 229
Thanks: 60

Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
Weak.

The only thing worth a damn is the exhaust. It is ridiculous when companies add a few trinkets, then jack the price up because it is a "special edition". Suzuki is bad about doing that often.

If they would have thrown some Ohlins suspension and Forged wheels on it, then they would have something special. This bike is the equivalent to the guy that takes his truck to Auto Zone and throws a bunch of cheap trinkets on it.
Maybe there be a 959 EVO model (like 848) when the model line comes to an end.

Really, if they just got the 1199/1299 base with a 899/959 engine, it would be a very popular bike.
DStyleNZL is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 959

Tags
959, edition, special



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ducati 90th anniversary special edition. 80shilling Ducati 1299 28 Jul 5th 2016 11:27 AM
Has anyone seen the IOM TT Special Arai edition ? bradp51 Gear 4 Jun 12th 2015 12:26 PM
Aprillia Tuono Special Edition or KTM 1290SDR iceman Motorcycle Talk 32 Jun 11th 2014 07:14 AM
2012 Ducati Diavel AMG Special Edition Pictures - International Motorcycle Show duc Ducati Diavel 1 Dec 19th 2011 06:26 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed