Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Gear

Gear Motorcycle Gear Forum - For motorcycle riding gear


Thanks Tree49Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 18th 2017, 09:37 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Twistedracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Spanaway, Wa

Posts: 1,755
Thanks: 941

I Ride: 15R 16R
Picked up Ducati Corse Suit

I normally get my track suits made by Z Custom Racing Leathers as of the rack just doesn't fit me.
Looking at the suits hanging at one of my Duc dealers I decided to try one on to get an idea what size was close for me. Dianese makes this suit and I was very pleasantly surprised that the size 52 that I tried on fit perfectly. Even better they let me have it for $400 below the retail price on it. If all Dianese 52's fit me this way I won't be needing custom fitting anymore.

I also picked up a new pair of gloves while I was there. It fits me better than my old Dianese mediums. Just gave them a close look tonight and was surprised that they were made by Spidi not Dianese. I wonder how these will hold up.

I also ordered a pair of Sidi Mag 1 boots. I've been needing all new track gear as mine are pretty old. This was the year to renew the leathers.

So big question is if this now makes me a douche since the leathers and gloves are Ducati branded? My Arai is the Doohan replica and the Sidi's will be white and black.
Thanks from Gunny Fitz and youngR
Twistedracer is offline  
 
Old Feb 18th 2017, 09:51 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
flobrandx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: PNW

Posts: 2,791
Thanks: 1313

I Ride: 2010 RSV4 Factory (Track), Paul Smart LE, 1199 Panigale S Tricolore (SOLD)
Hahaaaa, no a suit doesn't make you a douche. The person inside the suit can be a douche and I don't believe you qualify.
Thanks from Gunny Fitz, youngR and Twistedracer
flobrandx is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2017, 10:00 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
youngR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: USA

Posts: 2,610
Thanks: 956

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
People who say or think wearing Ducati stuff have some insecurity issue. Who cares. Wear what you want.

I actually think Ducati / Dainese is very smart and good deal. Ducati suits have BETTER Graphics, has newest technology (almost) and better Price!

Thanks from Gunny Fitz and Twistedracer
youngR is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2017, 10:26 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
bradp51's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Posts: 2,554
Thanks: 1142

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
Originally Posted by Twistedracer View Post
I normally get my track suits made by Z Custom Racing Leathers as of the rack just doesn't fit me.
Looking at the suits hanging at one of my Duc dealers I decided to try one on to get an idea what size was close for me. Dianese makes this suit and I was very pleasantly surprised that the size 52 that I tried on fit perfectly. Even better they let me have it for $400 below the retail price on it. If all Dianese 52's fit me this way I won't be needing custom fitting anymore.

I also picked up a new pair of gloves while I was there. It fits me better than my old Dianese mediums. Just gave them a close look tonight and was surprised that they were made by Spidi not Dianese. I wonder how these will hold up.

I also ordered a pair of Sidi Mag 1 boots. I've been needing all new track gear as mine are pretty old. This was the year to renew the leathers.

So big question is if this now makes me a douche since the leathers and gloves are Ducati branded? My Arai is the Doohan replica and the Sidi's will be white and black.
You will like the Mag 1 I have those. Great boots.

Wear what you want, who cares.

I bought the Valentino Rossi Dainese replica jacket just in case I go for a ride with my mate Mark on the forum here. I know he will love it. LOL
Thanks from Twistedracer
bradp51 is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2017, 10:29 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Twistedracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Spanaway, Wa

Posts: 1,755
Thanks: 941

I Ride: 15R 16R
Originally Posted by flobrandx View Post
Hahaaaa, no a suit doesn't make you a douche. The person inside the suit can be a douche and I don't believe you qualify.
Your too kind Flo
Thanks from flobrandx
Twistedracer is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2017, 10:30 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Twistedracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Spanaway, Wa

Posts: 1,755
Thanks: 941

I Ride: 15R 16R
Originally Posted by youngR View Post
People who say or think wearing Ducati stuff have some insecurity issue. Who cares. Wear what you want.

I actually think Ducati / Dainese is very smart and good deal. Ducati suits have BETTER Graphics, has newest technology (almost) and better Price!

Looking good.
Is this suit supposed to be worn over the boots or either way?

Last edited by Twistedracer; Feb 18th 2017 at 10:33 PM.
Twistedracer is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2017, 10:32 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Twistedracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Spanaway, Wa

Posts: 1,755
Thanks: 941

I Ride: 15R 16R
Originally Posted by bradp51 View Post
You will like the Mag 1 I have those. Great boots.

Wear what you want, who cares.

I bought the Valentino Rossi Dainese replica jacket just in case I go for a ride with my mate Mark on the forum here. I know he will love it. LOL
Oh Mark is going to love you even more lol

My boots are pretty old. They were still the Vertebrae Race. But man they fit me the best. Turned me into a Sidi fan.
Thanks from Gunny Fitz
Twistedracer is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2017, 10:37 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Twistedracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Spanaway, Wa

Posts: 1,755
Thanks: 941

I Ride: 15R 16R
This suit just fit nice. I had to sit on the new Ducati 1499 Stealth R. 250 hp, 300 lbs dry weight, 400 mm unobtanium brake rotors. That stealth paint job is awesome.

Suit cost me $1,299.99 Plus tax. I thought that was a great deal.


Thanks from Phl, flobrandx and youngR

Last edited by Twistedracer; Feb 18th 2017 at 10:40 PM.
Twistedracer is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2017, 11:02 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
youngR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: USA

Posts: 2,610
Thanks: 956

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
It can either way. Technically it is not made that way but it works fine. I prefer IN boots. It is more comfortable for me.

I just put the "female" end of Velcro on the boots. New suit like Misano has female Velcro inside on the legs.

$1300 is a steal. You can't get Any Dainese suits that can match what you get for that price!
Thanks from Twistedracer
youngR is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2017, 11:04 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
double0's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,203
Thanks: 1303

I Ride: 2013 Panigale White, 2007 CBR600RR, 2017 MV Agusta Dragster RC #108
That pose looks like you're expecting a visit from PA's good ol friend ARSE....

I heard he loves that suit!

��
double0 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Gear

Tags
corse, ducati, picked, suit



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: Ducati Corse '14 x Dainese Suit size 56 pheelgood Classifieds 9 Dec 29th 2016 12:02 AM
Hello and Ducati Corse C2 suit 1299rookie New Users 14 Oct 5th 2016 06:17 AM
For Sale: Ducati Corse 1pc leather suit SirRichi Classifieds 12 Jun 30th 2016 10:34 PM
For Sale: 2014* ducati corse race suit! Miami Tricolore Classifieds 4 Nov 11th 2013 05:23 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed