Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions


Thanks Tree43Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 28th 2013, 08:16 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
EvoL's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,043
Thanks: 445

I Ride: 1199 R
Share Your Suspension Settings Thread

Figured it might be helpful to share these settings. Its just a travesty to leave the bike at the stock settings, so here goes. Please try and provide as much info as possible for other similar riders to try. I've tried to put together a handy template.


Rider Weight (w/o gear) -

Panigale Type ( Base or S) -

Front Preload (total) -
Rear Preload (total) -

Front Compression -
Front Rebound -
Rear Compression -
Rear Rebound -

Suspension Linkage F or P -

Rear Shock Length -

Additional Changes and Notes -


----------------------------------------------------------------------


Rider Weight (w/o gear) - 175lb / 79kg

Panigale Type ( Base or S) - S

Front Preload (total) - 38mm
Rear Preload (total) - 30mm

Front Compression - 23
Front Rebound - 17
Rear Compression - 15
Rear Rebound - 9

Suspension Linkage (F or P) - F

Rear Shock Length - Stock

Additional Changes and Notes - These are my settings in RACE mode. In SPORT mode which I use on the street I dont use as much compression. I subtract 5 from the compression numbers. I also have a 9.0Nm spring on order, since I was told my rear spring is too heavy for my weight. I will report back later.
Thanks from zaster, Phl and Trauma1199s

Last edited by EvoL; Jun 30th 2013 at 06:54 AM.
EvoL is offline  
 
Old Jun 28th 2013, 08:52 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
N3RB's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: SF

Posts: 136
Thanks: 28

Maybe add what type of riding your doing. City riding/ Twisties/ Track
N3RB is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2013, 06:32 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: ohio

Posts: 5
Thanks: 4

Rider Weight (w/o gear) - 158 lbs

Panigale Type ( Base or S) -Base

Front Preload (total) - rider sag 29mm (stock springs are too stiff)(1/8 turn from full out)
Rear Preload (total) - rider sag 37mm

Front Compression -14
Front Rebound -10
Rear Compression -12
Rear Rebound -10

Suspension Linkage F or P - Flat

Rear Shock Length -standard

Riding - Mostly twisties

Additional Changes and Notes - Forks are soon to be replaced with Ohlins FRGT 203. I'll report back after that change.
Thanks from EvoL and lex2go
gwland88 is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2013, 07:35 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
thedak's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: Right Here

Posts: 260
Thanks: 56

Rider Weight (w/o gear) - 170lb

Panigale Type - R

Rront Preload (total) - 35mm
Rear Preload (total) - 25mm

Front Compression - 20
Front Rebound - 16
Rear Compression - 15
Rear Rebound - 11

Suspension Linkage - F

Rear Shock Length - Stock
Thanks from EvoL
thedak is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2013, 11:28 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
EvoL's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,043
Thanks: 445

I Ride: 1199 R
Good stuff! Keep them coming.
EvoL is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2013, 02:05 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
WAfatboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Perth, Western Australia

Posts: 1,293
Thanks: 532

I Ride: Ducati 1199S, BMW HP4
Originally Posted by EvoL View Post
Figured it might be helpful to share these settings. Its just a travesty to leave the bike at the stock settings, so here goes. Please try and provide as much info as possible for other similar riders to try. I've tried to put together a handy template.


Rider Weight (w/o gear) -

Panigale Type ( Base or S) -

Front Preload (total) -
Rear Preload (total) -

Front Compression -
Front Rebound -
Rear Compression -
Rear Rebound -

Suspension Linkage F or P -

Rear Shock Length -

Additional Changes and Notes -


----------------------------------------------------------------------


Rider Weight (w/o gear) - 175lb / 79kg

Panigale Type ( Base or S) - S

Front Preload (total) - 38mm
Rear Preload (total) - 30mm

Front Compression - 23
Front Rebound - 17
Rear Compression - 15
Rear Rebound - 9

Suspension Linkage (F or P) - F

Rear Shock Length - Stock

Additional Changes and Notes - These are my settings in RACE mode. In SPORT mode which I use on the street I dont use as much compression. I subtract 5 from the compression numbers. I also have a 90Nm spring on order, since I was told my rear spring is too heavy for my weight. I will report back later.
So looking at these numbers I'm confused. From what I can tell you are only slightly over the weight Ducati set the bike up for 75kg.

However your settings in RACE mode are soft, and your post is telling me you make your suspension harder for the road.

I understood The Ducati compression 'click' numbers in DES are the opposite of what you'd expect. A higher compression click number is less compression, so 28 is softer than 10. For rebound its it works the opposite - higher number is more rebound.

I'm very happy to be corrected here because these electronic suspensions confuse the shit outta me (on my HP4 as well!)
Thanks from M603
WAfatboy is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2013, 02:08 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
WAfatboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Perth, Western Australia

Posts: 1,293
Thanks: 532

I Ride: Ducati 1199S, BMW HP4
Manual says

Manual says: Note By increasing the click setting you decrease the hydraulic damping, by decreasing the click setting you increase the hydraulic damping
Thanks from psyclone

Last edited by WAfatboy; Jun 29th 2013 at 02:12 PM.
WAfatboy is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2013, 07:47 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
EvoL's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,043
Thanks: 445

I Ride: 1199 R
Originally Posted by WAfatboy View Post
Manual says: Note By increasing the click setting you decrease the hydraulic damping, by decreasing the click setting you increase the hydraulic damping
So a lower number is stiffer? If that is so, I have been riding around stiffer than in my Race mode... haha
EvoL is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2013, 10:50 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
WAfatboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Perth, Western Australia

Posts: 1,293
Thanks: 532

I Ride: Ducati 1199S, BMW HP4
Someone else chime in but I reckon that's it
Thanks from EvoL
WAfatboy is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2013, 02:48 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Jariva's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
From: France

Posts: 219
Thanks: 103

I Ride: 2013 Panigale S, 2011 CB Diavel, 2008 Yamaha FZ1
Originally Posted by EvoL View Post
So a lower number is stiffer? If that is so, I have been riding around stiffer than in my Race mode... haha
Yes, lower numbers are stiffer. Compare Ducati default values in RACE, SPORT and WET modes.
Thanks from Prince Albert and EvoL
Jariva is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Tags
settings, share, suspension, thread



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can you help with my suspension settings? joshinthecity Ducati 1199 35 Aug 1st 2013 10:50 AM
1199s : JHP Fettled Suspension Settings Kam Mechanical and Technical 9 Jul 30th 2013 08:56 AM
Standard suspension settings for 1199 Base JLee Ducati 1199 9 Apr 8th 2013 06:44 PM
Suspension settings for noobs WAfatboy Ducati 1199 21 Nov 15th 2012 12:20 PM
Pani s & tri suspension settings... Mitchlguzin Ducati 1199 11 May 31st 2012 07:25 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed