Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions


Thanks Tree26Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:40 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
zaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Albuquerque, NM & Bavaria Germany

Posts: 1,172
Thanks: 323

I Ride: 2007 S4RS (sold), 2008 1098S (sold), my wife's 2013 1199R, 2015 KTM RC390
Not available before the end of April
zaster is offline  
 
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:46 AM   #32
Stw
Moderator
 
Stw's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: Dallas.Tx

Posts: 6,383
Thanks: 2536

Originally Posted by zaster View Post
Not available before the end of April
That's not far away... Can you get a price break??
Stw is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:48 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
zaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Albuquerque, NM & Bavaria Germany

Posts: 1,172
Thanks: 323

I Ride: 2007 S4RS (sold), 2008 1098S (sold), my wife's 2013 1199R, 2015 KTM RC390
Originally Posted by Stw View Post
That's not far away... Can you get a price break??
Working on it
Thanks from Stw
zaster is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2014, 11:59 AM   #34
Banned
 
White13Pani's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: New Jersey Shore

Posts: 1,714
Thanks: 496

Changing gaskets every oil change is unnecessary. To make Ducati happy I only change them at the 'required' oil changes: ie 600, 7500, 15000 miles.

As of now, the entire kit is on eBay for $40 shipped to your door.
Look up item number: 161101745390

Includes filter, o rings, crush washer and shipping.
DO NOT reuse a crush washer!
White13Pani is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2014, 12:04 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
azimmerlyjr's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
From: Jacksonville, FL

Posts: 435
Thanks: 78

I Ride: 2013 1199 Panigale abs
Originally Posted by White13Pani View Post
Changing gaskets every oil change is unnecessary. To make Ducati happy I only change them at the 'required' oil changes: ie 600, 7500, 15000 miles.

As of now, the entire kit is on eBay for $40 shipped to your door.
Look up item number: 161101745390

Includes filter, o rings, crush washer and shipping.
DO NOT reuse a crush washer!
ok i'll just have to go up to Autozone and get a replacement then. thanks!
azimmerlyjr is offline  
Old May 7th 2014, 05:38 PM   #36
Stw
Moderator
 
Stw's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: Dallas.Tx

Posts: 6,383
Thanks: 2536

This filter is now in stock and available!!!

KN-159 - K&N Oil Filters, Oil Filter direct from K&N
Thanks from Phl, Duck41 and azimmerlyjr
Stw is offline  
Old May 7th 2014, 06:20 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
BAIBAICOP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Woodinville, WA

Posts: 452
Thanks: 125

Dammit! Ordered two OEM filters last weekend. Oh well, there's always next time. My oil was pitch black and needed to go ASAP. Tons of shit on the magnetic drain plug as well.
Thanks from azimmerlyjr
BAIBAICOP is offline  
Old May 9th 2014, 12:06 PM   #38
Member
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: San Diego, CA

Posts: 30
Thanks: 1

I Ride: 2012 1199 Tri, 2014 Hyper SP
Ordered and received two filters from K&N today. Nice filters, did not come with o-rings.
thomashpsn is offline  
Old May 9th 2014, 01:10 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Lake Mary, FL

Posts: 1,818
Thanks: 875

OK - I need someone to report experience with them on the 1199. I've heard from a respectable race tuner that a while back K&N oil filters had a bad rap because they caused oil pressure to be higher since the filter media was "better filtering" which equated to less flow. It caused some engine failures that he saw with his own eyes.

Not that is what I've heard from a reputable source. Maybe this was propaganda started by OEMs who wanted you to use their high-profit margin parts, I don't know but figure its worth sharing.
JeffD is offline  
Old May 9th 2014, 01:58 PM   #40
Stw
Moderator
 
Stw's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: Dallas.Tx

Posts: 6,383
Thanks: 2536

Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
OK - I need someone to report experience with them on the 1199. I've heard from a respectable race tuner that a while back K&N oil filters had a bad rap because they caused oil pressure to be higher since the filter media was "better filtering" which equated to less flow. It caused some engine failures that he saw with his own eyes.

Not that is what I've heard from a reputable source. Maybe this was propaganda started by OEMs who wanted you to use their high-profit margin parts, I don't know but figure its worth sharing.
Well Jeff I bought some and it will go in my bike next week....
Stw is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Tags
1199, filter, kandn, makes, mkakes, oil



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1199 oil filter location mig1199 Ducati 1199 13 Jun 2nd 2013 04:23 AM
First 1199 How-To: Air Filter replacement AntiHero Guides 22 May 5th 2013 12:25 PM
What about your Panigale makes you giggle? luke Ducati 1199 40 Jan 16th 2013 09:06 AM
No Ethanol Gas makes a BIG difference d1098man Ducati 1199 28 Sep 8th 2012 07:37 AM
Makes me want to own the entire Ducati line up. bwaide Motorcycle Talk 1 Jul 19th 2012 03:33 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed