Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions


Thanks Tree28Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 26th 2015, 01:13 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2014
From: Midwest

Posts: 716
Thanks: 217

Originally Posted by YTURAN View Post

I have written a lot about RB here on this forum just use simple search function.
Oh trust me. I spend days going over all the various threads here and on the 899 site. They are pretty fragmented which make it hard to get a through understanding.

Originally Posted by YTURAN View Post

Having the adaptive tuning down to 1100 will interfere with your idling and cold starts which we do not control / adjust , it can create a confliction between stock ECU and the RB itself.

You will see typical changes after even 10-15 mile of riding the bike if you look at the trim maps under adaptivity maps. Let it work in the back ground it will CONSTANTLY change , negative or positive numbers have nothing to do with HP or anything else, it just means how much more or less fuel your bike needed in that particular throttle position and RPM to meet the TARGET. We found 3000-3500 rpm to be the best spot to start on Panigale, anything below that rpm is useless that is why where we started at is probably lowest you should go, 3000-3500 RPM . I hope all of your questions has been answered

Thanks.
Thank you for the helpful answer; that's what I was looking to know.
bp7178 is offline  
 
Old Dec 13th 2016, 05:03 AM   #32
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: DC area

Posts: 4
Thanks: 0

sub'ing to thread for general info.

I'm really really on the fence to try this device on my R1200GSw. I have a full Akrapovic and a high flow filter, and these bikes run lean as it is. Looking at reflashing options and this. PCV is out because I want fueling and timing to be optimized. I have an AF-XIED on right now to control my closed loop fueling and the bike rides great, but i need the open loop optimized also...so that means either stacking the XIED with a re-map or going to something like this.

Seems like alot of Panigale and S1000RR folks dig this device, but without access to a dyno, I don't have any way to verify really that it is doing what it says it doing or what it needs to do.

Uncharted territory for us GS folks.....I have no shortage of people from the GS world trying to get me to guinea pig it, just not sure i want to be that guy. hahaha

Last edited by KurtP; Dec 13th 2016 at 05:11 AM.
KurtP is offline  
Old Dec 13th 2016, 10:32 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Orlando, FL

Posts: 133
Thanks: 111

I Ride: PANIGALE
Originally Posted by KurtP View Post
sub'ing to thread for general info.

I'm really really on the fence to try this device on my R1200GSw. I have a full Akrapovic and a high flow filter, and these bikes run lean as it is. Looking at reflashing options and this. PCV is out because I want fueling and timing to be optimized. I have an AF-XIED on right now to control my closed loop fueling and the bike rides great, but i need the open loop optimized also...so that means either stacking the XIED with a re-map or going to something like this.

Seems like alot of Panigale and S1000RR folks dig this device, but without access to a dyno, I don't have any way to verify really that it is doing what it says it doing or what it needs to do.

Uncharted territory for us GS folks.....I have no shortage of people from the GS world trying to get me to guinea pig it, just not sure i want to be that guy. hahaha
Uncharted territory for you but not for the GS owners we haven't sold as many as panigale kits but even Roland Sands Design started using our kits. Their 1st one was a custom Panigale R , the other 2 are BMW kits and for some famous names that I have to keep my mouth shut about it.

As for your Bike, I can post the R1200 GS charts here, what year is the bike ?
Thanks from KurtP
YTURAN is offline  
Old Dec 13th 2016, 09:00 PM   #34
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: DC area

Posts: 4
Thanks: 0

Originally Posted by YTURAN View Post
Uncharted territory for you but not for the GS owners we haven't sold as many as panigale kits but even Roland Sands Design started using our kits. Their 1st one was a custom Panigale R , the other 2 are BMW kits and for some famous names that I have to keep my mouth shut about it.

As for your Bike, I can post the R1200 GS charts here, what year is the bike ?
Hi! thanks for taking the time...its uncharted for me and everyone in aDVRider where i usually am. Not many people tuning this way but lots of people looking for solutions. looks like you are "the guy" for this? helpful!

Mine is a 2015 liquid cooled....Super interested to see power and especially a/f curves

Does the Rapid Bike Racing work as plug, play, and ride? I live overseas in an area I dont have access to a dyno or a competent tuner, so what I need is the "90% solution" that I can just wire it up and go. How good is the auto adjust? Does it automatically adjust ignition timing and fueling? or just fueling?

My goal is to have some unit that can just be installed and have it automatically correct:
-ignition timing curve
-the on load/open loop fuel curve
-the low rpm/cruising/part throttle
-have it adapt to different pump fuel qualities I encounter traveling, preferably without needing a laptop.

I understand that to get everything on the table, it would need a dyno tune. I'm not looking for every last HP available, I just need the bike to run correctly and not be lean, and get most of the benefit out of the parts added.

If you could post a couple charts from water cooled GS' that would be great. I think about 7-8hrs ahead, but would love to jump on a call with you for a few minutes

Cheers!

Last edited by KurtP; Dec 14th 2016 at 01:15 AM.
KurtP is offline  
Old Dec 14th 2016, 06:07 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Orlando, FL

Posts: 133
Thanks: 111

I Ride: PANIGALE
Originally Posted by KurtP View Post
Hi! thanks for taking the time...its uncharted for me and everyone in aDVRider where i usually am. Not many people tuning this way but lots of people looking for solutions. looks like you are "the guy" for this? helpful!

Mine is a 2015 liquid cooled....Super interested to see power and especially a/f curves

Does the Rapid Bike Racing work as plug, play, and ride? I live overseas in an area I dont have access to a dyno or a competent tuner, so what I need is the "90% solution" that I can just wire it up and go. How good is the auto adjust? Does it automatically adjust ignition timing and fueling? or just fueling?

My goal is to have some unit that can just be installed and have it automatically correct:
-ignition timing curve
-the on load/open loop fuel curve
-the low rpm/cruising/part throttle
-have it adapt to different pump fuel qualities I encounter traveling, preferably without needing a laptop.

I understand that to get everything on the table, it would need a dyno tune. I'm not looking for every last HP available, I just need the bike to run correctly and not be lean, and get most of the benefit out of the parts added.

If you could post a couple charts from water cooled GS' that would be great. I think about 7-8hrs ahead, but would love to jump on a call with you for a few minutes

Cheers!
If you are in Brazil or the product is going to be used in that country, please do not purchase it from us, I also can NOT sell you any products if the country you are in has a Rapid Bike distributor.

Now I can answer your questions:


My goal is to have some unit that can just be installed and have it automatically correct:
-ignition timing curve
-the on load/open loop fuel curve
-the low rpm/cruising/part throttle
-have it adapt to different pump fuel qualities I encounter traveling, preferably without needing a laptop.

Yes to everything except for the different pump fuel qualities, I don't know of any system that actually can....

Our system is plug and play, professional installation is always recommended. Auto adaptivity will take care of fueling, you shouldn't have to worry about dyno tuning since especially if you are traveling , how good is the dyno tune anyways.

e-mail us for the dyno charts, info@rapidbike.us

Y.T.
YTURAN is offline  
Old Dec 14th 2016, 06:44 AM   #36
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: DC area

Posts: 4
Thanks: 0

Originally Posted by YTURAN View Post
If you are in Brazil or the product is going to be used in that country, please do not purchase it from us, I also can NOT sell you any products if the country you are in has a Rapid Bike distributor.

Now I can answer your questions:


My goal is to have some unit that can just be installed and have it automatically correct:
-ignition timing curve
-the on load/open loop fuel curve
-the low rpm/cruising/part throttle
-have it adapt to different pump fuel qualities I encounter traveling, preferably without needing a laptop.

Yes to everything except for the different pump fuel qualities, I don't know of any system that actually can....

Our system is plug and play, professional installation is always recommended. Auto adaptivity will take care of fueling, you shouldn't have to worry about dyno tuning since especially if you are traveling , how good is the dyno tune anyways.

e-mail us for the dyno charts, info@rapidbike.us

Y.T.
Email sent. I would buy from you. It comes to me via a mail forwarder in the US and it is a US spec bike.
KurtP is offline  
Old Jan 20th 2017, 06:53 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Toys1's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: Wichita, KS

Posts: 152
Thanks: 35

Hello YTURAN! I actually bought the Rapidbike Racing kit from a member on here. Got it installed last year and downloaded the software back then. Never once tried the software since and now, it said I need to upgrade it. But, it asked for the authorization code which I don't have. What can I do in this situation? I got the original box still. But nothing on it that looks like a code.
Toys1 is offline  
Old Jan 21st 2017, 11:11 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Orlando, FL

Posts: 133
Thanks: 111

I Ride: PANIGALE
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uxjjr8hqmc...dUser.exe?dl=0

Download link is above, you can't register it anymore, since the warranty is valid with the original owner only. However you can download the software and I highly recommend not charging any settings unless you know your way around.

Best Regards
Y.T.
Thanks from GK5
YTURAN is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Tags
info, master, pro, rapidbike, rapidbike usa, software



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Get your new software update Brad Ducati 1199 284 Aug 1st 2017 04:41 AM
Software Updates Xbox Mechanical and Technical 9 Jul 1st 2015 06:56 PM
Brake master RUB Pouakai Mechanical and Technical 0 Mar 11th 2013 08:46 PM
Software Updates carldickson Ducati 1199 9 May 20th 2012 02:09 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed