Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions


Thanks Tree7Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 4th 2017, 04:08 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 358
Thanks: 57

Has it been over filled ??

Replace funnel if not as above post
Halo2 is offline  
 
Old Aug 7th 2017, 02:50 AM   #12
Member
 
Joined: Jul 2017
From: Nj

Posts: 33
Thanks: 2

Originally Posted by Halo2 View Post
Has it been over filled ??

Replace funnel if not as above post


Thanks, nope doesn't look over filled to me.



-Jack
JackAttack is offline  
Old Aug 7th 2017, 03:58 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 358
Thanks: 57

Is it still leaking with a new clamp?
Halo2 is offline  
Old Aug 7th 2017, 04:06 AM   #14
Member
 
Joined: Jul 2017
From: Nj

Posts: 33
Thanks: 2

Originally Posted by Halo2 View Post
Is it still leaking with a new clamp?


Yup, it is. So I guess the dealer need to install new funnels for me


-Jack
JackAttack is offline  
Old Aug 7th 2017, 04:16 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 358
Thanks: 57

Yup but just check its defiantly it not coming from higher up elsewhere
Halo2 is offline  
Old Aug 7th 2017, 06:33 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Houston

Posts: 22
Thanks: 6

I've had a very small amount of coolant leak on hot Texas tracks in 100+ temps, but this looks a bit excessive. I'd definitely get a second opinion.
Panigaleownr85 is offline  
Old Aug 24th 2017, 01:42 PM   #17
Member
 
Joined: Jul 2017
From: Nj

Posts: 33
Thanks: 2

OK fellas, so I finally got the call from the Ducati mechanic after bringing it back for a second look. They confirmed there is a 'service bulletin' per Ducati out there, not to be confused with a 'recall'. It's a known issue and Ducati have released a kit that fixes the issue. The only problem is that the kit is on backorder so I have to wait a little. Also of note, since it is not a recall, it's not covered unless your bike is under warranty. Sounds super sketchy because they told me it's not an actual recall since it's not safety related but I think with modern bikes, any oil leak should be considered a safety concern. Just a heads up if anyone out there is also having the issue.
Thanks from JasonD0987
JackAttack is offline  
Old Aug 24th 2017, 03:53 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2016
From: West Virginia

Posts: 23
Thanks: 9

Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
OK fellas, so I finally got the call from the Ducati mechanic after bringing it back for a second look. They confirmed there is a 'service bulletin' per Ducati out there, not to be confused with a 'recall'. It's a known issue and Ducati have released a kit that fixes the issue. The only problem is that the kit is on backorder so I have to wait a little. Also of note, since it is not a recall, it's not covered unless your bike is under warranty. Sounds super sketchy because they told me it's not an actual recall since it's not safety related but I think with modern bikes, any oil leak should be considered a safety concern. Just a heads up if anyone out there is also having the issue.
Thanks for the info. So, being a service bulletin, does this mean you could take a bike that is under warranty but not currently showing any signs of the leak and still have this done under warranty? Or maybe the kit is only useful on bikes showing signs of the problem.
Reason I ask is I have until January until my warranty expires. Before that time I'm going to have the common coolant leak fixed (again). If this is something that could be done as well, I'd tell them to go for it.
Thanks again for the information
JasonD0987 is offline  
Old Aug 24th 2017, 04:48 PM   #19
Member
 
Joined: Jul 2017
From: Nj

Posts: 33
Thanks: 2

Originally Posted by JasonD0987 View Post
Thanks for the info. So, being a service bulletin, does this mean you could take a bike that is under warranty but not currently showing any signs of the leak and still have this done under warranty? Or maybe the kit is only useful on bikes showing signs of the problem.

Reason I ask is I have until January until my warranty expires. Before that time I'm going to have the common coolant leak fixed (again). If this is something that could be done as well, I'd tell them to go for it.

Thanks again for the information


Not sure about that but I would definitely try for it if I were you. I'll keep you guys posted on how the fix goes.


-Jack
JackAttack is offline  
Old Aug 24th 2017, 06:39 PM   #20
Member
 
Joined: May 2013
From: Orlando, Florida

Posts: 62
Thanks: 7

I Ride: FLorida
This exact thing happened to me on my 1199.
They replaced the valve cover seal and everything was fine after that.

ChasDuc
Thanks from JackAttack
ChasDuc is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Tags
leak, oil, worrisome



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leak ? jamie1991 Ducati 1199 8 Jul 7th 2014 01:20 PM
Another Leak! YES! danamite14 Ducati 1199 17 Jun 4th 2014 07:58 AM
Possible Oil Leak korym Ducati 1199 3 Sep 22nd 2013 03:31 PM
Oil leak? huckjai Mechanical and Technical 12 Sep 10th 2013 01:00 PM
Oil leak Torquesp New Users 7 Jun 5th 2012 08:40 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed