Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions


Thanks Tree16Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 7th 2017, 04:55 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
tadashi's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Orange County, CA

Posts: 410
Thanks: 153

Originally Posted by TurboLag View Post
Set the rearset for normal shifting?


This will work if he flips the linkage
Thanks from ozrider
tadashi is online now  
 
Old Feb 7th 2017, 05:02 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Twistedracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Spanaway, Wa

Posts: 1,632
Thanks: 848

I Ride: 1299s Anniversario #160 ; 15R
ozrider it looks like yours is setup about the same except for the length of throw hope.








So the problem I see with it is that you're using the DP QS rod. You need to switch back to the standard shift rod.
Or like tadashi said try flipping the tranny shift arm if you don't have the standard shift rod.
Thanks from Phl and ozrider
Twistedracer is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2017, 07:29 PM   #33
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2017
From: Australia

Posts: 26
Thanks: 4

Originally Posted by Twistedracer View Post
ozrider it looks like yours is setup about the same except for the length of throw hope.









So the problem I see with it is that you're using the DP QS rod. You need to switch back to the standard shift rod.
Or like tadashi said try flipping the tranny shift arm if you don't have the standard shift rod.
yep they look pretty much the same
unfortunately the original QS linkage is the only thing i dont have
but if i flip the tranny shift arm that puts it back into road pattern?
ozrider is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2017, 07:32 PM   #34
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2017
From: Australia

Posts: 26
Thanks: 4

Originally Posted by tadashi View Post
This will work if he flips the linkage
which linkage? the one at the rearset or the transmission?
want to keep it in GP shift, if i flip 180degrees its back to road pattern isnt it?
ozrider is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2017, 07:39 PM   #35
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2017
From: Australia

Posts: 26
Thanks: 4

Originally Posted by Phl View Post
"They can be used with traditional and reverse "GP" shifting utilizing the standard Ducati Quick Shifter (DQS). "

https://amsducati.com/ducati-panigale-rearsets


i am pretty sure someone will trade their stock one for your reverse one.
oh wow, so whoever set this up before we got it made a bit of a mess putting the GP shift Quickshifter on there.
Now the hunt begins for a standard QS linkage
ozrider is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2017, 07:58 PM   #36
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2017
From: Australia

Posts: 26
Thanks: 4



found this in other thread on this forum. so if i remove that extra linkage i have on the rearsets (the ducati GP shift linkage) it will be back to road pattern. but then i can flip the linkage at the tranny 180deg and its in GP shift with the GP shift QS. its a round about way of doing it but seemed to work for this dude too.

DP Rearsets help
ozrider is offline  
Old Feb 8th 2017, 05:32 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Twistedracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Spanaway, Wa

Posts: 1,632
Thanks: 848

I Ride: 1299s Anniversario #160 ; 15R
Originally Posted by ozrider View Post


found this in other thread on this forum. so if i remove that extra linkage i have on the rearsets (the ducati GP shift linkage) it will be back to road pattern. but then i can flip the linkage at the tranny 180deg and its in GP shift with the GP shift QS. its a round about way of doing it but seemed to work for this dude too.

DP Rearsets help

Sounds like that might work for you.
Seems like someone added the DP reverse shift linkage first then got the DP rearsets later.
Twistedracer is offline  
Old Feb 8th 2017, 08:14 PM   #38
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2017
From: Australia

Posts: 26
Thanks: 4

Originally Posted by Twistedracer View Post
Sounds like that might work for you.
Seems like someone added the DP reverse shift linkage first then got the DP rearsets later.
just tried it and am missing some crucial bits off the rearsets to return it to regular shift pattern. *sigh*
ozrider is offline  
Old Feb 8th 2017, 08:53 PM   #39
Member
 
Joined: Mar 2014
From: Germany

Posts: 48
Thanks: 24

Ozrider, if you send me a pm I can give you the list of part numbers for the rearset individual parts
Thanks from ozrider
Nathanhu is online now  
Old Feb 8th 2017, 09:11 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Twistedracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Spanaway, Wa

Posts: 1,632
Thanks: 848

I Ride: 1299s Anniversario #160 ; 15R
Originally Posted by Nathanhu View Post
Ozrider, if you send me a pm I can give you the list of part numbers for the rearset individual parts
I didn't know that you could get replacement parts for the DP rearsets other than buying another set. If we can, that's good news for many.
Twistedracer is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Tags
dqs, reverse



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed