Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Motorcycle Talk

Motorcycle Talk For topics and discussions about all motorcycle makes and models


Thanks Tree42Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 19th 2017, 12:47 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Norfolk. UK

Posts: 774
Thanks: 334

I Ride: 1299S
Just finished testing communications between the laptop, the bike and the RB module and all appears to be working correctly. Now I just have to run it for at least 200 miles then check the auto-adaptivity map to then apply any corrections to the 1299 stock base map. No up-map was installed by the dealer and the bike has a full Akrapovic system that I carried over from the 1199 and a new Sprint filter. I am confident, from all I have read, that this will transform the way the engine performs, especially at lower rpm ranges. I will post some feedback once the bike is back on the road. I've uploaded a video to the Project FB page if anyone cares to watch it. It's a little long at almost 3 mins, so I apologise in advance. I was just playing around with the software and different screens to get a feel for how the program works and to ensure all the sensors were picking up data. Interestingly, I had no idea that the upper injectors kicked in at higher RPM. You learn something new everyday!
Thanks from Twistedracer
topolino is offline  
 
Old Apr 19th 2017, 01:19 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
Twistedracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Spanaway, Wa

Posts: 1,633
Thanks: 848

I Ride: 1299s Anniversario #160 ; 15R
Originally Posted by topolino View Post
Just finished testing communications between the laptop, the bike and the RB module and all appears to be working correctly. Now I just have to run it for at least 200 miles then check the auto-adaptivity map to then apply any corrections to the 1299 stock base map. No up-map was installed by the dealer and the bike has a full Akrapovic system that I carried over from the 1199 and a new Sprint filter. I am confident, from all I have read, that this will transform the way the engine performs, especially at lower rpm ranges. I will post some feedback once the bike is back on the road. I've uploaded a video to the Project FB page if anyone cares to watch it. It's a little long at almost 3 mins, so I apologise in advance. I was just playing around with the software and different screens to get a feel for how the program works and to ensure all the sensors were picking up data. Interestingly, I had no idea that the upper injectors kicked in at higher RPM. You learn something new everyday!
If I remember right the lower injections make it easier to start and improve lower throttle response. The uppers most likely give a nice shower at wide open throttle for maximum power.
Twistedracer is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2017, 03:17 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
bradp51's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Posts: 2,484
Thanks: 1101

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
Originally Posted by topolino View Post
Just finished testing communications between the laptop, the bike and the RB module and all appears to be working correctly. Now I just have to run it for at least 200 miles then check the auto-adaptivity map to then apply any corrections to the 1299 stock base map. No up-map was installed by the dealer and the bike has a full Akrapovic system that I carried over from the 1199 and a new Sprint filter. I am confident, from all I have read, that this will transform the way the engine performs, especially at lower rpm ranges. I will post some feedback once the bike is back on the road. I've uploaded a video to the Project FB page if anyone cares to watch it. It's a little long at almost 3 mins, so I apologise in advance. I was just playing around with the software and different screens to get a feel for how the program works and to ensure all the sensors were picking up data. Interestingly, I had no idea that the upper injectors kicked in at higher RPM. You learn something new everyday!
I posted about the upper injectors back in early 2014 when "Wayne Tuneboy" did the dyno work on my bike. He explained it all as he was doing the work. I learned a lot in those few hours about the 1199. You can improve this bike a lot if you know how to get into the ECU. And no weight gain or extra equipment to break down.
Thanks from topolino and Twistedracer
bradp51 is offline  
Old Apr 21st 2017, 08:21 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
cmh210's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Wichita Falls, Tx

Posts: 308
Thanks: 137

I Ride: red 2015 Multistrada
Mr Topolino, its good to see your in the final stages of building your bike. I'm sure you're anxious to get done. I can't wait to see how the finished form performs!
cmh210 is offline  
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 04:02 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Norfolk. UK

Posts: 774
Thanks: 334

I Ride: 1299S
Titanium screen bolts and Lightech mirror block off plates arrived today. Also ordered the last of the carbon fibre parts...a CDT solo seat cowl.
Attached Thumbnails
Project 1704-20170422_112955.jpg   Project 1704-20170421_131520.jpg   Project 1704-1299seat.jpg  
Thanks from Twistedracer
topolino is offline  
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 04:03 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Norfolk. UK

Posts: 774
Thanks: 334

I Ride: 1299S
Originally Posted by cmh210 View Post
Mr Topolino, its good to see your in the final stages of building your bike. I'm sure you're anxious to get done. I can't wait to see how the finished form performs!
That makes two of us!
topolino is offline  
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 04:06 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Norfolk. UK

Posts: 774
Thanks: 334

I Ride: 1299S
Originally Posted by bradp51 View Post
I posted about the upper injectors back in early 2014 when "Wayne Tuneboy" did the dyno work on my bike. He explained it all as he was doing the work. I learned a lot in those few hours about the 1199. You can improve this bike a lot if you know how to get into the ECU. And no weight gain or extra equipment to break down.
I may well end up taking it for a dyno session at some point in the future. For now I'm interested to see how well the auto-adaptivity feature works and how well the trim maps, when applied over the base map, further refine the fuelling.
topolino is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Motorcycle Talk

Tags
1704, project



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SC Project CRT georgehitch18 Ducati 1299 21 Mar 5th 2017 01:39 PM
SC Project YOLO Ducati 1199 11 May 6th 2016 09:45 AM
1199R-SR Project sean999r Mechanical and Technical 35 Mar 20th 2016 12:40 PM
899 project chicago899 Ducati 899 5 Aug 11th 2015 10:41 PM
The Norton Project Duc One Motorcycle Talk 6 Feb 9th 2014 04:11 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed