Go Back   Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Motorcycle Talk

Motorcycle Talk For topics and discussions about all motorcycle makes and models


Thanks Tree19Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 20th 2017, 09:19 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: detroit

Posts: 24
Thanks: 3

R1M vs 17 Rsv4 rf

hey guys , as the title stated . I'm looking to add another stable mate , which one of the two you guys would choose and why . just looking for personal opinions , I haven't decided on either .
vqtt is offline  
 
Old Jul 20th 2017, 09:48 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 235
Thanks: 60

R1. (R1M pricy for what you get over R1)

add a Austin Racing exhaust, some Supercorsas and you have very fun bike.
Thanks from vqtt
DStyleNZL is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2017, 10:17 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 4,950
Thanks: 1804

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
^^^ austin racing hahahaha i see you havnt been here that long maybe you should do some research on austin and find out what a sham that company is and how it was exposed on this forum



oh almost forgot if you get a yamaha r1 if you dont buy graves your just silly. nobody has worked with that bike more than the people at graves.
Thanks from vqtt
mark419ny is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2017, 10:32 AM   #4
Ara
Member
 
Ara's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: Los Angeles

Posts: 40
Thanks: 34

I Ride: 1199 SL, RSV4-RF, R1
I have a '16 RF and a '16 R1 that's well on it's way to becoming a track only bike. The RF is a better bike out of the box. It's heavier, but feels more compact and the short wheelbase and lightweight wheels hide the bike's weight nicely when transitioning. My R1 now has basically all the Graves parts including the full Ti exhaust, FT ECU, autoblip, and activetune, Graves/Ohlins suspension, brembo master, new pads, etc and it's now a better bike than the RF was out of the box. My final advice is that if you want to mod the bike, the R1 is a great platform for that, but if you want to keep it simple, go with the RF. It's a fantastic package out of the box, and the '17s with the improved electronics are incredible from everything I've heard and read. My vote would probably be RF.
Thanks from mark419ny, flobrandx, vqtt and 1 others
Ara is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2017, 10:58 AM   #5
Member
 
Joined: May 2013
From: Orlando, Florida

Posts: 60
Thanks: 5

I Ride: FLorida
R1 vs Ape

I totally agreed with Ara!
I do have the 16 R1 as well but before that I've had the R1 04,06,07,08, and 09 twice cause I wrecked it and I had to spend money to make run the way is suppose to run.
I love the R1 but out of the box sucks specially the 16 R1, however if you change the exhaust, air filter, get a rapid bike, flash the ECU, and get some good rear seats you have a Great Weapon!but now she's ready for the track!
Ape is a better bike out of the box

ChasDuc
Thanks from highside49
ChasDuc is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2017, 11:07 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Speedhaus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: New York Metro

Posts: 108
Thanks: 41

I Ride: 2014 BMW HP4, 2015 1299s, 2005 ZX10R, 2001 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1997 GSXR600, 1979 CB750SS Cafe'
Test drive everything then make a decision. This is the time if the year dealers start becoming flexible on pricing. R1 is cool and many deals out there on Aprilia. Don't sleep on GSXR. Much cheaper than other two and parts and accessories catalog will be much deeper. Important if you are looking for a mostly track bike. Just my .02 cents..
Thanks from vqtt
Speedhaus is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2017, 12:40 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 235
Thanks: 60

Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
^^^ austin racing hahahaha i see you havnt been here that long maybe you should do some research on austin and find out what a sham that company is and how it was exposed on this forum



oh almost forgot if you get a yamaha r1 if you dont buy graves your just silly. nobody has worked with that bike more than the people at graves.

Ive been around and seen the threads on the austin racing.....

but I ride with 4 bikes with Austin racing exhausts. 2x 16' r1's One with Akra and one with AR. The AR sounds better and looks better than the Akra.
Thanks from mark419ny
DStyleNZL is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2017, 01:19 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: detroit

Posts: 24
Thanks: 3

Originally Posted by Ara View Post
I have a '16 RF and a '16 R1 that's well on it's way to becoming a track only bike. The RF is a better bike out of the box. It's heavier, but feels more compact and the short wheelbase and lightweight wheels hide the bike's weight nicely when transitioning. My R1 now has basically all the Graves parts including the full Ti exhaust, FT ECU, autoblip, and activetune, Graves/Ohlins suspension, brembo master, new pads, etc and it's now a better bike than the RF was out of the box. My final advice is that if you want to mod the bike, the R1 is a great platform for that, but if you want to keep it simple, go with the RF. It's a fantastic package out of the box, and the '17s with the improved electronics are incredible from everything I've heard and read. My vote would probably be RF.
thanks for you respond . this is exactly what I was looking for . I usually keep my bike pretty simple with mods . I'd like to have both but I'm too poor .
vqtt is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2017, 01:22 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: detroit

Posts: 24
Thanks: 3

Originally Posted by ChasDuc View Post
I totally agreed with Ara!
I do have the 16 R1 as well but before that I've had the R1 04,06,07,08, and 09 twice cause I wrecked it and I had to spend money to make run the way is suppose to run.
I love the R1 but out of the box sucks specially the 16 R1, however if you change the exhaust, air filter, get a rapid bike, flash the ECU, and get some good rear seats you have a Great Weapon!but now she's ready for the track!
Ape is a better bike out of the box

ChasDuc
modding bikes are fun but I do keep things to a minimal now . but I do keep things as simple as possible now due to the lack of patient of working on them . looks like all I need is a slip on and I'm all set on the ape.
vqtt is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2017, 01:23 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: detroit

Posts: 24
Thanks: 3

Originally Posted by Speedhaus View Post
Test drive everything then make a decision. This is the time if the year dealers start becoming flexible on pricing. R1 is cool and many deals out there on Aprilia. Don't sleep on GSXR. Much cheaper than other two and parts and accessories catalog will be much deeper. Important if you are looking for a mostly track bike. Just my .02 cents..
I don't think any Japanese motorcycle dealership let you test their bikes . my closest aprilia dealership is 150 miles away . I'm looking for something to have fun and collect as well .
vqtt is offline  
Reply

  Ducati 1299 Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Motorcycle Talk

Tags
r1m, rsv4



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Say Hello to the 250hp Aprilia RSV4 R FW-GP youngR Motorcycle Talk 18 Dec 22nd 2016 12:08 PM
New RSV4 RF BTrain5489 Motorcycle Talk 47 Dec 11th 2015 04:14 AM
New Addition - RSV4 RF! BigBoost Motorcycle Talk 20 Sep 2nd 2015 07:18 PM
Aprilia RSV4 RF Xbox Motorcycle Talk 25 Jan 8th 2015 10:01 PM
RSV4 Factory BadBoyBeltran Reviews 6 Mar 17th 2014 06:15 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed